SEARCH
MORE
General Discussion

What Did You Do Today?

8/21/14 @ 3:53 PM
INITIAL POST
Higgs
User since 1/14/13
Just wondering what every one does during the day and evening? Work? Play? Fish? Camping? Gardening? Smoking? You get the idea........ I work up early to put the venison jerky in the dehydrator and took the fiancé to work and then when I got home I made breakfast. I fixed the bath sink and took a nap. Then I sat around having a few beers waiting for the jerky to get done. Tried to read a book but that's not for me. Oh yea, I cut the lawn b4 the rain. I better save sum stuff 4 2maro. Just wondering what you guys do during the day and evening. Let's here it.
Displaying 1 to 15 of 8,396 posts
6/1/24 @ 10:35 PM
glimmertwin
User since 1/18/11
Went to high school grad Party in La Crosse. Now let me be first to admit that in my 67 years have not spent much  (worthwhile) time there. Did attend some Oktoberfest's in my wanton youth... Have passed thru it a few times since,
Today however was introduced to "Goose Island". for those of you as virgin pure as me on this incredible resource, let me start out by saying I was blown away. 
Withing spittiing distance of the city center itself, lies this wonderful setting similiar to Horicon zone, but way more accessible. twisting paved roads go thru the park, water on one or both sides. I use Horicon marsh as facsimile, but Goose is easier accessible, less remote and much more used. It goes on and on, free of Fees, unless you rent one of the many shelters. The water eventually winds up in Mississippi river itself, so the fishing for Bass especially ,very good I'm told. Water runs up to 10 feet deep, current could be better,as already on 6/1, many areas choked by Alge.
The shelter we were in housed about 40, comfortably. Outside were picnic tables galore that could add virtually unlimited attendance to your party. Bathroom was typical outhouse, no running water in shelter, but plenty of electrical outlets. There has to be at least 25 of these shelters there, maybe more. Was told fee was like $!00 for whole day. You could close it up and have a rock band practice there without bothering anyone. the axis was easy and could drive right up to shelter, then park anywhere in huge area.
Throughout the park were paved bike lanes, and you can pull over anywhere and fish right next to your car for connivence.
Hat's off La Crosse, what a great use of a great space for all to enjoy....
6/1/24 @ 8:48 PM
crobar
User since 6/19/01
Worked a small fishing tourny in Fondy Co. this morn  all C&R....rapped it up just as it started pouring ..thankfully......Hey RC the Tiny Rhinnie lady is 96...she's a hoot   ..we can't stop laughin when she shows up...cuz we know whats on the agenda.  With some of the other live wires that show up...she is a breath of fresh air.
6/1/24 @ 9:17 AM
Carpio
Carpio
PRO MEMBER User since 11/5/17
Brining a batch of yellow bass for pickling and getting ready to go out on Lake Michigan Tuesday AM.   My first shot at doing yellow bass but I think they will be great.
6/1/24 @ 8:47 AM
Brent Hess
Brent Hess
PRO MEMBER User since 12/18/07
SC,

Wow, pretty cool that you could tell where we were!

Fishing was solid.  We caught 42.  Most were 3-4 pounds with a few that went a bit bigger.

Very fun 1 day trip! Got home last night about 10 pm. 
What Did You Do Today? photo by Plmlk
5/31/24 @ 11:01 PM
glimmertwin
User since 1/18/11
Got two last nite and two more today. 
Some big northerns on prowl as well. Weather cooperates, and wind finally manageable. 
But halfway to total I need for huge family gathering in mid July.
What Did You Do Today? photo by glimmertwin
What Did You Do Today? photo by glimmertwin
5/31/24 @ 9:36 PM
river_chaser
User since 10/3/12
Gee Crobar with all the free beer you get you need to throw a little party. Not that Rhinelander would be a smash hit but some good fishing holes would make that Rhinelander worth the pucker. 
5/31/24 @ 8:42 PM
crobar
User since 6/19/01
Worked the food pantry this morn...Tiny Rhinnie lady showed up   ..gettin ready to leave check a restroom water all over the floor....leaky pipe..no rest for the wicked   ..got 'er fixed brought home a fishfry...an had a couple Rhiinie's with it..so day turned out OK.
5/31/24 @ 8:07 AM
Smallie Chaser
Smallie Chaser
PRO MEMBER User since 7/13/01
Brent, that looks like Ephraim. How was the fishing?
5/31/24 @ 5:57 AM
44/45
PRO MEMBER User since 3/9/11
Drove north on Thursday morning. Traffic flow was great, even in the construction zones. What a beautiful day it was!
5/30/24 @ 9:41 PM
Brent Hess
Brent Hess
PRO MEMBER User since 12/18/07
Drove up to Door County for some smallie fishing!

Sunset was awesome.
5/27/24 @ 10:11 PM
river_chaser
User since 10/3/12
Wife insisted we fish from 6 til 7. I said yeah whatever, fishings been slow here.  Got a 20 inch walleye. A FAT 20 incher. 

Walleyes are hard to catch here but they are fat and healthy. 
5/27/24 @ 7:20 PM
crobar
User since 6/19/01
Went to Memorial Day observance this morn. Pretty decent crowd even with the dismal weather. Then back home chores around the house, then grilled out.
5/27/24 @ 6:24 PM
Get.the.net
User since 12/30/13
Glimmer welcome to the club, those things always fire up, pretty dependable…..
5/27/24 @ 6:01 PM
Get.the.net
User since 12/30/13
Worked on the boat, put all new stickers on, about time to get the Johnson out….. been too long. Net
5/27/24 @ 5:52 PM
Moon River
PRO MEMBER User since 12/8/22
Started getting ready for return trip to Canada on June 10th. Precooked 5 lbs of bacon, made tartar sauce, 2 -- " Not your mamas meatloaves" and mowed the lawn!. And a couple of brewkis!! Life is GOOD!
Displaying 1 to 15 of 8,396 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fishing equipped by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE