SEARCH
MORE
General Discussion

What Did You Do Today?

8/21/14 @ 3:53 PM
INITIAL POST
Higgs
User since 1/14/13
Just wondering what every one does during the day and evening? Work? Play? Fish? Camping? Gardening? Smoking? You get the idea........ I work up early to put the venison jerky in the dehydrator and took the fiancé to work and then when I got home I made breakfast. I fixed the bath sink and took a nap. Then I sat around having a few beers waiting for the jerky to get done. Tried to read a book but that's not for me. Oh yea, I cut the lawn b4 the rain. I better save sum stuff 4 2maro. Just wondering what you guys do during the day and evening. Let's here it.
Displaying 76 to 90 of 8,268 posts
4/6/24 @ 12:35 PM
Carpio
Carpio
PRO MEMBER User since 11/5/17
I’m at our greatgrandaughter’s bd party on the Embarass River in BELLE PLAINE.
What Did You Do Today? photo by Carpio
What Did You Do Today? photo by Carpio
4/5/24 @ 7:48 PM
arthur1957
arthur1957
User since 6/24/01
Guy in the neighborhood had a tall
Cherry tree cut down. He was hoping to get the trunk cut in to boards. It was hollow in most of the center. Free firewood for me. Plus the tree cutter delivered 4 five foot sections of the trunk to my house. 
What Did You Do Today? photo by arthur1957
What Did You Do Today? photo by arthur1957
4/5/24 @ 7:04 PM
hotbait
PRO MEMBER User since 5/16/16
Glad it came out well.  But, after 9 times it should.  Have whiskey or two.
4/5/24 @ 6:35 PM
setterjack
setterjack
PRO MEMBER User since 1/18/07
GT, 
Glad everything turned out OK for you. The process can be a pain.....Carry on!
4/5/24 @ 6:25 PM
Bassmaster+recordracks 2
Bassmaster+recordracks 2
PRO MEMBER User since 7/24/20
What kind of fish is that?
4/5/24 @ 6:24 PM
Snake1
Snake1
PRO MEMBER User since 1/22/21
Nice Eye Ski! 
4/5/24 @ 6:07 PM
Polski
Polski
PRO MEMBER User since 5/11/03
Still no power, electric has been out since the big storm on Tuesday. We have not got an estimated day it will be back up, it was Saturday and now undetermined?. Sure glad we made the investment 4 years ago for a backup generator. On another note, the boat is running fine.
What Did You Do Today? photo by Polski
4/5/24 @ 4:16 PM
wskiph
wskiph
User since 9/3/11
Sorry Glimmer. Way too much detail on very bad subject. We all know about .... Def no need for a blow by blow description
Keep your detailed medical procedure to your self.  
4/5/24 @ 3:47 PM
glimmertwin
User since 1/18/11
Then please go back and read previous post on same thread…haha
“What did you do today?”
Tell it like it is so others can benefit, cringe, sympathize, or cuss ya out … 
Other guys have outlined health issues, perhaps not as graphically, but nevertheless that’s what happened -hopefully others can benefit or understand what might happen to them in similiar circumstances. Apologize yo all it may offend not my intent at all.
4/5/24 @ 2:58 PM
deerhunter34
User since 10/8/01
Why did I just read that whole previous message?  WTH?  Wayyyy too much info.  Good grief, why would anyone post that?  Yikes.
Edit to add:  Anyway, glad your procedures turned out fine glimmertwin.  
4/5/24 @ 2:34 PM
glimmertwin
User since 1/18/11
RC, replied to your message, sorry, did not see it till just now.
This actually occurred yesterday, but after y'all read it will understand  how I was too weak to post till today.
So had endoscopy/colonoscopy scheduled for yesterday. Which of course meant I had to "prep" (drink the gallon of nasty) on Wednesday Nite, instructions said to begin at 5pm.  Dutifully began drinking 8 ounces of prep every 10 minutes. Let me proceed this with fact I ate NOTHING all day Wednesday, just drank water, as tried to be good boy and follow all instructions to the letter. 
By the time I was halfway thru the prep, felt nothing in belly, and had not pooped. So continued drinking till more than 80% of gallon gone. Then indeed went, but not much...happened two more times before 12; 30am.Was tired so went to bed. Got up at 7am, way before appointment. Drank remaining prep,and waited... Went a couple more times, but from previously having had two colonoscopy's, knew I was not "cleaned out"
When I arrived at hospital, told initial nurse my concerns. She said only alternative was an enema, before procedure.
Not happy news, but what could I do? 
Well my friends it wasn't just "an" enema, IT WAS FRICKING NINE OF THEM!!! JUST SO Y'ALL UNDERSTAND, TALKING 3X3, OR 4+5, OR 7+2 = 9 MOFO ENEMAS...
Doctor who then did both procedures told me had tied hospital record for enemas-I said mark that on my chart so I can prove it...NO HOTBAIT, NOT POSTINGPICTURE.HAHA
anyway, both procedures turned out fine, and nothing out of ordinary appeared from either. So while I'm happy about that,still in dark about what caused the painful gut aches that took me to ER way back in mid February.
They stopped within a week of getting a couple scripts, but unleased this whole last week of tests.
C'EST LA VIE 
4/4/24 @ 7:47 PM
Pool8
User since 1/27/17
I know WE energies has a bunch of outages too. Takes at least a day to get crews in from other states. It's a pain in the rear for sure.

4/4/24 @ 7:36 PM
Polski
Polski
PRO MEMBER User since 5/11/03
Got an automated call from WPS, my power is estimated to come back on Saturday by 3PM, at least I'm on the list.   Zman, I have propane, I should be good. We turned off the backup Generac last night when we went to bed, no reason to let it run all night, house was around 57 this morning after being off all night.  I totally understand restoring power to the populated areas, but I drove through a few small towns and didn't see one crew, even though some places had no power.
4/4/24 @ 6:51 PM
Mrduck
User since 12/6/22
Did a load of wash. Rest of the morning I work on and finished up my taxes.  They will not be mailed until the ​15th. I don't like giving the idiots in Washington that money, too just watch them pi ss y it away.  Then to the local pub for a couple of beers to drown my sorrows.
4/4/24 @ 6:17 PM
wiscoarborist
User since 11/6/18
Today - rain day. I've been trying to get my office in decent shape including all receipts and other work paperwork, product instructions/warrantees...So I was doing that when my FIL called at about 11am. He NEVER calls me.

He had a flat tire and he tried to fix it himself with that stupid tiny little jack and the "wrench" that comes with small cars. He's in his late 70's,maybe 80 and had started to get lightheaded and winded. I showed up with an impact wrench and a floor jack. I noticed his front tire had a big sidewall gouge too - he'd hit more than just "the curb" like he'd claimed, so I followed him home from Waukesha to Oconomowoc. I told him not to say anything to my wife/his daughter as she's a worrier.

She came home grumpy as there'd been a shake-up at work. Her boss got fired along with 2 others in her dept. I reminded her that she still had a job. She got mad at me....OK....I farted (a good and stinky quiet one that I'd otherwise been holding in out of courtesy) waited until she smelled it and got madder, then went back into my office.

Twenty minutes later she came in asking if I'd helped her dad with his tire. Apparently he can't keep his damn mouth shut. I tried to be evasive, then got a hug and saw wet eyeballs....But Wifey Points only last so long.

For instance, a toxic crop duster now would be met with naughty words.
Displaying 76 to 90 of 8,268 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fish located by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE