SEARCH
MORE
General Discussion

What Did You Do Today?

8/21/14 @ 3:53 PM
INITIAL POST
Higgs
User since 1/14/13
Just wondering what every one does during the day and evening? Work? Play? Fish? Camping? Gardening? Smoking? You get the idea........ I work up early to put the venison jerky in the dehydrator and took the fiancé to work and then when I got home I made breakfast. I fixed the bath sink and took a nap. Then I sat around having a few beers waiting for the jerky to get done. Tried to read a book but that's not for me. Oh yea, I cut the lawn b4 the rain. I better save sum stuff 4 2maro. Just wondering what you guys do during the day and evening. Let's here it.
Displaying 1 to 15 of 8,361 posts
5/20/24 @ 6:12 PM
river_chaser
User since 10/3/12
I was old school using whetstone and strop and got all my knives razor sharp but I never did kitchen knives.  The WorkSharp is a lot faster do 5 or 10 knives in the time it takes one with a whetstone. Now I do kitchen knives.
5/20/24 @ 5:40 PM
ice queen
ice queen
User since 12/16/10
Zmaniac I have the Ken Onion sharpener and we love it!! Very easy to use, and every knife I own when we first bought it got sharpened!
5/20/24 @ 5:06 PM
Polski
Polski
PRO MEMBER User since 5/11/03
Zman, just the standard model, I think it was around $80. It's uses the 1/2" belts you can get from Menard's. The higher priced "Onion" uses 3/4" belts and has more angle options but I really didn't think I needed it. This has three grades of belts and can really put an edge on a knife. Instructions videos show turning it off with each stroke but I just let it run passing the knife back and forth and never had an issue.
5/20/24 @ 4:26 PM
Zmaniac
Zmaniac
PRO MEMBER User since 2/8/06
Polski…What model Work Sharp sharpener do you have? I’ve been looking into getting a sharpener and they have good reviews 
5/20/24 @ 4:21 PM
Polski
Polski
PRO MEMBER User since 5/11/03
Yeah, rain took out fishing for today and looks like tomorrow (bummer because perch opened on the Bay today). Noticed a roller on my boat trailer yesterday that was messed up. Fixed it today, a little ruff with the boat still on the trailer but got it done. Used my Work Sharp to sharpen up my filet knifes then went through the kitchen and got all the knives that needed a new edge. Dang I really like using that thing. Put new line on two of my panfish rods that seem to be a bit twisted, now leftovers for dinner and maybe watch the Brewers for awhile.
5/20/24 @ 3:34 PM
Mrduck
User since 12/6/22
One of those day. Rain most of the day. Clean cat box, loaded dish washer, clean kitchen counters and p I s s ed the rest of the day away. Was planning to get stuff done outside. That was a bust when I got out of bed with it pouring out. So I open the bar early today at two. Not doing any cooking because it is leftover night, garbage pick up tomorrow. I hope other got something accomplished.
5/20/24 @ 2:09 PM
glimmertwin
User since 1/18/11
Tried doing all things obligated. 
Called 95 year old auntie, no snswer.
Tried to pay Church bill they been bugging us about, but no accountant st firm today
Can’t mow lawn, too wet today
Did dishes , what little housework there was
Cars clean, truck really doesn’t matter csuse sits out…can’t start resealing driveway due to rain, too frickin cold to power wash house, cause i always get soaked…
Short term jobs done, longterm impossible! 
Is it too early to start Scotch review? Probably
Will go put some new line on reels and tighten screws, oil up the reels I didn’t get to yet. 
Then if rain holds off, grillin , & swilling new scotch for review…
And Brewers!
5/20/24 @ 1:49 PM
Bassmaster+recordracks 2
Bassmaster+recordracks 2
PRO MEMBER User since 7/24/20
Watched Noah load the arc again and just checked in the hospital for a back and spine injection. Oh boy there fun!
5/20/24 @ 12:24 PM
jawjerker
jawjerker
User since 1/14/02
Was planning to take the boat out and chase some gills but got up to high east winds and about an inch of rain so far in the rain gauge. Day shot
5/20/24 @ 10:32 AM
BUD E LEE
BUD E LEE
User since 5/19/10
Doing a little research on a ax i found at the flea market yesterday. It turns out to be a Vintage Sheldon Wells Co. (USA) Lewis Tomahawk. It has a faded arrowhead shaped logo etched on steel head, "Lewis Tomahawk / Sheldon Wells Co. / Kinzua, PA. U.S.A.",  circa 1940s-1950s;
What Did You Do Today? photo by BUD E LEE
5/19/24 @ 10:01 PM
chitowncrappieman
chitowncrappieman
PRO MEMBER User since 3/4/06
R/C,i agree with you if these old bones could get up there without getting lost first!!
What Did You Do Today? photo by chitowncrappieman
5/19/24 @ 9:55 PM
river_chaser
User since 10/3/12
Pool that boat has Lake Link Party written all over it.  Hey we wont tell anyone.
5/19/24 @ 9:03 PM
Pool8
User since 1/27/17
Got the wifes mothers boat on the shore station and the cover on it. She's set for the season. 
What Did You Do Today? photo by Pool8
5/19/24 @ 8:52 PM
crobar
User since 6/19/01
Horrible nightmares....so figured I better head to church...after that round of golf at Browns Lake...hit a couple in the Fox river... think Softshell turtle got one the other maybe a carp...water pretty muddy...didn't see Plmlk....buy his posts think he got his limit yesterday   
5/19/24 @ 4:33 AM
44/45
PRO MEMBER User since 3/9/11
My wife and I hit an estate auction. What a trip! Not many people is my advantage. Came home with a snowmobile. Haven't had one for around 10 years. Always wanted another for ice fishing, maple syrup and now grandkids. My first with electric start!!!
Displaying 1 to 15 of 8,361 posts

MINN KOTA - UPGRADED Ulterra and Terrova
UPGRADED Ulterra and Terrova
The Ulterra® and Terrova® are newly upgraded to keep you at the top of your game and always in the thick of it. More maneuvers. More capabilities. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - UPGRADED Ulterra and Terrova Advertisement

HUMMINBIRD - Humminbird MEGA Live Imaging
Humminbird MEGA Live Imaging
It's showtime. We've expanded the performance of our MEGA Imaging®? technology with the introduction of MEGA Live Imaging™?. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - Humminbird MEGA Live Imaging Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
percision control by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE