MORE
General Discussion

The up north thread

8/26/16 @ 12:47 AM
INITIAL POST
n.pike
n.pike
User since 4/2/02
Tidbits and News related to northern Wisconsin. 
Displaying 1 to 15 of 5,393 posts
TODAY @ 8:47 AM
Bassmaster+recordracks 2
Bassmaster+recordracks 2
PRO MEMBER User since 7/24/20
While visiting the Northwoods, I found six golf balls in the grass. Made a trip worthwhile.
TODAY @ 8:19 AM
Fowler2
Fowler2
User since 7/17/09
I agree with the mischievous Raccoon. 
I see them skirt by the house carrying turtle eggs this time of year. Swinging from the jelly feeders at night. Scaling the chicken coop. There busy all night long. 
TODAY @ 8:07 AM
PSE
PSE
PRO MEMBER User since 11/25/05
raccoons, my neighbor finds my golf balls in his yard.
TODAY @ 5:40 AM
Snake1
Snake1
PRO MEMBER User since 1/22/21
Looks like they like pizza too Westy!, lol
TODAY @ 5:29 AM
westfieldW
westfieldW
User since 10/9/16
My best guess is that it was a gray or red fox. They love eggs and what do golf balls look like eggs. So I think some fox has a bunch of golf balls stored up and his fox den.
I would put all some eggs in your yard and see if they're gone the next day then you know it's a fox
The up north thread photo by westfieldW
6/2/24 @ 11:56 PM
ThreeFiftySeven
ThreeFiftySeven
User since 3/14/03
Hmm, I doubt someone would do that too, but than wth?! That only leaves critters and I can't think of a 1 that would take an interest in golf balls? That is strange man. Not to understate the previous comment, but the mosquitoes are just as bad as they were the year of record snowfall in Ashland co. Ticks, pshh, used permethrin on 2 sets of tops, bottoms, and shoes/boots...notta Can't say the same for my work buddy. It works, but follow instructions...
6/2/24 @ 11:06 PM
n.pike
n.pike
User since 4/2/02
So, we had a graduation party today for our daughter. 
Last night, I put out 6 golf balls in our yard as part of a yard game. This morning I wake up and all the golf balls are gone.. I wonder what animal would do this? Doubt a person came and stole 6 golf balls…,
5/28/24 @ 10:41 PM
n.pike
n.pike
User since 4/2/02
Beautiful smallies! 

I love Forest Co. great scenery and lakes. Quiet too. 
5/28/24 @ 11:55 AM
PSE
PSE
Caught 14. Anywhere from 3.5 to 4.3 lbs. Couple more
The up north thread photo by PSE
5/28/24 @ 10:04 AM
glimmertwin
User since 1/18/11
Ye Gads PSE THOSE LOOK HUGE! 
Didja get a weight or length on either? 
Congrats again!
You guys take correct fish pics too. So hard for me to get guys to get their d a m n fingers under fish!
5/28/24 @ 9:42 AM
huntfish
User since 6/16/03
Forest County is slow, quiet, and not congested. Whats not to like? When it rains, we will visit Eagle River for shops, etc. Almost busier than where I live....
5/28/24 @ 8:09 AM
PSE
PSE
son and I did some fishing this weekend
. did well on smallies. here are a couple.
5/27/24 @ 11:20 PM
n.pike
n.pike
User since 4/2/02
Interesting comments everyone on The Vilas /Oneida county popularity. Thanks for weighing in. 
5/27/24 @ 5:31 PM
utahman
User since 3/9/03
AAAHHHH THE EXODUS.Really wasnt bad with the citidiots, except for the tailgaters from MN. No late night noise, no garbage thrown out windows of vehicles, that I noticed. Not many boats out on the lakes. Cool weather so no one swimming or skiing not that I mind if they do. Just a nice quiet weekend
5/27/24 @ 12:57 PM
river_chaser
User since 10/3/12
Ive always been in the neutral camp I can live with it either way.  With the cabin here we own 2 ATVs the kids love them, wife and I like a ride every now and then.  Last fall my 85 year old father inlaw came up and him and I went for a 25  mile ride.  He grew up in this area and raised bear hounds. Cruisin the back roads and logging roads was the most fun he had in many years.  Yesterday son and I put on 50 miles
Displaying 1 to 15 of 5,393 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fishing equipped by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE