MORE
General Discussion

The up north thread

8/26/16 @ 12:47 AM
INITIAL POST
n.pike
n.pike
User since 4/2/02
Tidbits and News related to northern Wisconsin. 
Displaying 46 to 60 of 5,318 posts
3/19/24 @ 9:45 AM
Steelhead88
User since 4/13/22
Welcome to the north woods !! Been that way for years . Had some of the absolute best snowmobiling over the years in March after a cruddy winter . Every winter is different  . Pic is from late March years ago after a 100 mile winter .   
The up north thread photo by Steelhead88
3/19/24 @ 6:22 AM
river_chaser
User since 10/3/12
looks like its high water snow the wet heavy stuff
3/18/24 @ 8:55 PM
n.pike
n.pike
User since 4/2/02
Hearing some potential big snow numbers for Sunday and Monday. 
Ice reforming in spots today. Crazy! Something to talk about I guess! 
3/17/24 @ 5:57 PM
n.pike
n.pike
User since 4/2/02
Maybe the early ticks will die with this cold snap! Gonna be down near 10 a couple of nights. 
3/17/24 @ 2:57 PM
n.pike
n.pike
User since 4/2/02
Winter isn’t giving up yet. 
Cold today. 

The up north thread photo by n.pike
3/16/24 @ 1:02 PM
n.pike
n.pike
User since 4/2/02
Most lakes are wide open. The ice that’s  left out there is in bad shape... However, once in a while, you find a liake that has characteristics where it keeps its ice much longer than most. Found that one yesterday. Didn’t fish. Just drilled  a few holes. About 6-7 inches of ice. Obviously, not great ice. But decent.  We were in the shallows. But with a cold weather coming up, this ice on this lake will be around a bit…
3/15/24 @ 5:23 PM
ThreeFiftySeven
ThreeFiftySeven
User since 3/14/03
We're pretty set on helping locally as much as possible. Appreciate all of the feedback 
3/15/24 @ 5:05 AM
44/45
PRO MEMBER User since 3/9/11
I'm adding 30' on to my garage. Dealing with Menards in Antigo has been nothing but a pain. And by the time they tacked on their delivery cost, my local lumber yard was cheaper with better quality wood. You have to look over Menards quote's really careful because they don't like to add the tax to the quote, and they won't itemize their quote. Sorry, I'm too old to play their games! And I keep getting their e-mails from different people wanting to work with me on my order, after I told them how I feel about their service!
3/14/24 @ 12:40 PM
ThreeFiftySeven
ThreeFiftySeven
User since 3/14/03
Any storage buildings where there's fuel involved has to have metal siding/roof etc...it's been a trip staying on top of all the specifications
3/14/24 @ 12:35 PM
ThreeFiftySeven
ThreeFiftySeven
User since 3/14/03
Ashland co. with very specific restrictions. We have 9 acres, but can walk straight through into national forest. 
3/14/24 @ 12:03 PM
Igor
User since 6/20/01
What county are you in?  My place is in Taylor County with no water or septic, just an outhouse.  I'm looking at a septic in the next year or so and was told, once you put in a well, septic is required, no outhouse.  But you can have a septic with no well.
3/14/24 @ 11:05 AM
ThreeFiftySeven
ThreeFiftySeven
User since 3/14/03
We will certainly be hauling specific things from our local Lowes and Menards. If things go well, it's bye bye kenosha
3/14/24 @ 11:00 AM
ThreeFiftySeven
ThreeFiftySeven
User since 3/14/03
Yes, it's certainly a volume project. My brother and myself cleared the whole 200yd drive back and opened a nice space for a couple boats, vehicles, firepit, tent spot and now camper spot to use while we build. Only another 30+ trees to go. Lol There's something to be said about designing it how you envision it though, worth every muscle cramp. Honestly, the hardest work has been making level ground (removing boulders etc). Just got the OK for the well and outhouse. Good times, good times
3/14/24 @ 10:26 AM
river_chaser
User since 10/3/12
If youre doing a volume project like you have planned it pays to shop around.

Menards can beat on price but you have to double check their quality.

Lowes has good quality and good prices but no Lowes up there.  

The local yards will give you good service as thats their bread and butter and you likely want certain things delivered like windows, trusses, joists.
3/14/24 @ 10:12 AM
ThreeFiftySeven
ThreeFiftySeven
User since 3/14/03
Interesting, if that's the case, it's gonna be all about the price. We have 3 (if not 4) buildings going up from a workshop to cabin and storage between. Thanks guys
Displaying 46 to 60 of 5,318 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fishing fueled by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE