n.pike
User since 4/2/02
Tidbits and News related to northern Wisconsin.Ā 
Displaying 1 to 15 of 5,361 posts
5/10/24 @ 7:33 PM
buckhound
buckhound
User since 4/18/06
I ran into a guy at the hardware store that was in God's country for the opener. He guessed about one thousand boats on TWIN.    Glad I won't be up till next week!
5/10/24 @ 6:12 PM
never5
User since 4/9/04
Always look forward to opening summer cabin for the season 5 months of fishing and relaxing started today here in Rhinelander area.Water is high and had few heavy showers go through today.Mosquitoes not issue yet but will be bad soon with all the water around.
5/10/24 @ 4:23 PM
utahman
User since 3/9/03
Idiot season has officially started for me, I was waiting for the ever increasing NASCAR traffic, a couple more weeks to the peak and the rest of summer. Found a McDonalds bag of trash  scattered down the road out of town to our lake. The receipt was from Baldwin Plaza Drive at 1:43 found it at 3:43. 90 miles away. Cant wait for the idiots with the oversized go karts that dont adhere to any speed law in town or otherwise, and their loud mufflers blasting Sucks that they made any road open to those things.I say if they are using the roads they should all pay license plate fees for using public roadways.and enforced to eliminate exhaust noise.
5/9/24 @ 5:19 AM
44/45
PRO MEMBER User since 3/9/11

Steelhead88, well, I have actually been traveling to Northern Oconto Co. for 57 years now. I can almost make the trip with my eyes closed! Almost! 
It's unreal how a short distance can make a difference with the bugs and ticks. For an outdoorsman, I don't believe that I used repellant once in the last 2 years, and maybe pulled 1 tick in the last 5. However, at a friends down the road, you cannot go from the house to the garage without picking up a tick, and after dark, the skeeters will drive you crazy. The most likely difference is being in the open vrs being in the woods. I do enjoy when the dragon flies hatch. I almost feel like wearing my helmet when cutting the grass!
5/8/24 @ 4:29 PM
Polski
Polski
PRO MEMBER User since 5/11/03
Mosquitoes showing up big time here in the last few days. Nothing unexpected here living on the river, but last year they were barely around.
5/7/24 @ 9:07 AM
Steelhead88
User since 4/13/22
44/45 - Can always tell the new ones to the north , always rediscovering what is commonplace for decades & post it . If I’m correct with a previous post you’re south of Ashland a bit , know the area well . It’s not uncommon to still have snow in the woods this time of year , let alone wet . First gnats & ticks  , mosquitos &  horse/deerflies that follow . Welcome to the north & enjoy as you learn . šŸ¦Œ  
5/7/24 @ 7:12 AM
44/45
PRO MEMBER User since 3/9/11
Out with the tractor yesterday trying to disc last year's food plot. It did not go so well. Alot of moisture in the ground yet had my tires spinning and stuck several times. More rain likely today. Cut the lawn for the first time. I think it's about 2 week's early for that. Gnat's are bad right now!
5/6/24 @ 8:45 PM
Fv.screaming drags.com
Fv.screaming drags.com
User since 3/29/20
Another beautiful day in the northwoods watching deer and Bobbers and catching crappie!
The up north thread photo by Fv.screaming drags.com
5/5/24 @ 10:33 PM
n.pike
n.pike
User since 4/2/02
Got out fishing with pike Jr. on a small lake near Eagle river. Tough bite. Glad others are catching fish! 
5/5/24 @ 6:03 PM
Esox JJ
Esox JJ
PRO MEMBER User since 6/4/05
I think mine was the fourth one from the left in the back row. My compliments to the chef Friday and Saturday night. It was a great time meeting and hanging out with the LL’s. 
5/5/24 @ 5:21 PM
Brent Hess
Brent Hess
PRO MEMBER User since 12/18/07
One of the meals...
The up north thread photo by Plmlk
5/5/24 @ 5:20 PM
Brent Hess
Brent Hess
PRO MEMBER User since 12/18/07
Was awesome having you for the weekend my friend!

I so appreciate your (and everyone's) help.

Your table turned out awesome!  See ya soon - always nice hanging out!  

ā€‹
5/5/24 @ 4:54 PM
Bassmaster+recordracks 2
Bassmaster+recordracks 2
PRO MEMBER User since 7/24/20
Can’t say enough about the food! Thanks screamin for the thanks. 
5/5/24 @ 4:34 PM
Fv.screaming drags.com
Fv.screaming drags.com
User since 3/29/20
Had a great time this weekend helping Brent and friends with the spring clean up at the resort got lots of work done andhad a great time hanging out with Brent and several of the other lake linkers I met at the 
Upnorth ice fishing gathering it was great to see everyone again! And also got to meet several new people and family members and friends of  Brent's! We ate like kings once again and of course enjoyed some of bmrs whiskey and kamikazes ! Thanks for the good time Brent I'll be glad to give you a hand anytime! And thanks to everyone else who was there for the good times! 
5/4/24 @ 8:18 PM
Snake1
Snake1
PRO MEMBER User since 1/22/21
I am so proud of my friends that helped out Brent. Good on everyone! 
Displaying 1 to 15 of 5,361 posts

MINN KOTA - UPGRADED Ulterra and Terrova
UPGRADED Ulterra and Terrova
The UlterraĀ® and TerrovaĀ® are newly upgraded to keep you at the top of your game and always in the thick of it. More maneuvers. More capabilities. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - UPGRADED Ulterra and Terrova Advertisement

HUMMINBIRD - Humminbird MEGA Live Imaging
Humminbird MEGA Live Imaging
It's showtime. We've expanded the performance of our MEGA ImagingĀ®? technology with the introduction of MEGA Live Imagingā„¢?. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - Humminbird MEGA Live Imaging Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
ice drilled by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE