DEALS
SEARCH
MORE
Canadian Reports/Discussion

Whitefish Lake, Ontario, Canada

6/18/01 @ 12:36 PM
Stitzo
User since 6/15/01
BEARHUNTER-I dont't see you in the Messenger drop down list. Hope you're not having trouble logging in.

Anyway, My Dad called Sunday morning. They didn't get perching on Saturday, but got an 18" & 29" eye before dark. The 18 went toward the Man Food supply & Dad's partner put back the 29 for you to play with. Said both fish fought like pike.

They fished east of the west end island. No action on cranks. Drifted & cast into the wind with 1/8th & 1/4 oz jigs with white 2" & 3" twister tails tipped with leeches. I guess the 29 came on a split/double tail body.

I'll post a soon as I hear more.

Displaying 46 to 60 of 286 posts
7/8/18 @ 11:07 PM
DWR
DWR
User since 2/20/08

We are heading up in a couple of weeks. Does anyone have any reports on how it's been so far this summer? Looking to see if the walleyes are going at all. We went last year and did alright on the perch but only a few walleyes. 

6/7/18 @ 9:24 AM
rugbyref
User since 2/21/14

brbriar    im going up for the 1st time this sunday. Where there curtain spots you trolled at night? Did you troll at all during the day?

5/29/18 @ 9:39 AM
peanut09
User since 1/17/10

Does anyone have any news for this year? Just wondering how the perch were doing if anything at all. I don't think I know of any crews coming up this summer. I hope some perch still make it so the perch can rebound. Any news would be great. Thanks

9/5/17 @ 6:58 PM
peanut09
User since 1/17/10

I know of a group of good fishermen that just came back on labor day weekend. They had 278 perch for 6 guys for a week. I think this lake needs a break.

8/4/17 @ 7:56 PM
peanut09
User since 1/17/10

Well our 2017 trip is in the books. 4 man group 2 boats. My boat and two of us did okay at 172 for 4 days. The other boat with two guys had 82 for the same amount of time. Lots of little ones and not as many big ones. We were just chasing perch. We did catch about 25 northern and 1 walleye and 1 bass. Weird weather and heavy fishing pressure while we were there.

7/23/17 @ 4:56 PM
peanut09
User since 1/17/10

Well I'm leaving in a few days and this is what I know. Water is up which is good. The weather is supposed to be good when I go. I heard from a group that just came back yesterday and did not get their limit. They had some rain and just could not find the fish. If anybody has some more info let me know. Otherwise I'll report when I get home.

7/8/17 @ 5:37 AM
peanut09
User since 1/17/10

I'm heading up in three weeks. Anybody else going soon or has been there this year? Wondering if water is up or down and fishing any good? Sound off if you know anything new. Thanks

6/14/17 @ 11:22 AM
brbriar
brbriar
User since 6/17/05

We used very small leeches or larger ones cut in halves or thirds. Caught most of our Northerns on the same set up. Slip bobber with bait just above the bottom weeds. 

6/14/17 @ 10:55 AM
peanut09
User since 1/17/10

Glad to hear the fish were biting. Our group will be there from 7/29-8/5. I hope they bite when we are there. We never tried it in the spring. Maybe we will have to do that one of these years. Thanks for the info.

6/14/17 @ 1:36 AM
wini
User since 3/27/06

What bait were you using for perch?

6/13/17 @ 5:51 PM
brbriar
brbriar
User since 6/17/05

Fished from 5/27 to 6/2. Six of us in three boats brought home 600 perch. We concentrated on perch so we didn't bring home limits of Walleye and Northern Pike. Lots of rain and wind made for uncomfortable but good fishing. Had a great fish boil with Northern Pike and a fish fry with Walleye. Caught most walleyes trolling after dark.

6/13/17 @ 2:30 PM
peanut09
User since 1/17/10

What's going on up there? Anybody fishing?  Just checking in. Thanks

3/23/17 @ 9:10 AM
percheye1
User since 6/24/01

I think you should go and try it and report back. Im thinking it must be doing really well as everyone is staying hush hush about it or its so bad no one fishes it anymore. I remember it in the days of unlimited perch and seeing truck loads of jumbo perch but thats probably why its not as good as then.

3/22/17 @ 2:05 PM
peanut09
User since 1/17/10

Just wondering if anyone has been out ice fishing?  No one ever posts on here. Just wondering if there was any action up there. Thanks 

10/16/16 @ 6:30 AM
peanut09
User since 1/17/10

Wondering if anyone has ice fished this lake recently? If so any comments or suggestions would be great. Are there any resorts open in the winter? I believe the general store has a cabin for rent other than that I'm not sure if anyone else is open. Thinking about trying it if conditions work out. Let me know what you think or message me. Thanks

Displaying 46 to 60 of 286 posts

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fish seduced by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE