SEARCH
MORE
Canadian Reports/Discussion

WABASKANG LAKE PERRAULT FALLS, ONTARIO

6/9/02 @ 9:34 PM
INITIAL POST
SIX PACK
User since 2/10/02
FISHED FIRST WEEK OF JUNE BEST FISHING IN ALL THE YEARS WE WENT. WALLEYES WERE IN 2 TO 8 FEET OF WATER 1/8 OZ. WHITE JIGS WORKED BEST. WALLEYES FROM 12 TO 27 INCHES BUT ONLY 1 OVER 18 INCHES ADAY MAY BE KEPT. LAKE TROUT WERE ACTIVE BEST WAS A 12 POUNDER. GOOD LUCK SIXPACK

Displaying 91 to 105 of 1,100 posts
6/18/15 @ 10:07 PM
dlok
dlok
PRO MEMBER User since 11/20/08
vexman65 I don't know if you have fished up there before and where you are staying but we covered a lot of water. Our best fishing was what they call Hwy 66 which is the shoreline on the right side coming out of the 2nd Narrows north. We would go as far as the rock bluffs where you turn right heading for the 3rd narrows and worked the shoreline back to the 2nd narrows north. The 2nd Narrows north itself primarily to the left hand side especially if the wind is out of the south. And then the 1st narrows in the corner 20-50 yards away from the channel. For us the key was the 9-11 FOW seemed to be the hot depth. The water was still pretty low 12-18" yet at least. Another spot I have always done well was the falls coming out of Perrault lake down by the Kingfisher resort. We couldn't fish it this year since it's now a Fish Sanctuary and didn't open until the 15th. We also did real good on crappie and perch on Keyhole there you just need to look for wood in the water. We keyed in on Beaver houses. Good Luck to you!
6/18/15 @ 3:38 PM
vexman65
User since 3/6/10
Dlok any spots on lake would be much appreciated. Leaving in 10 days
6/18/15 @ 9:22 AM
Bullman
User since 4/10/15
Nice Northern DLOC. Thanks for the information. I leave tomorrow for Peffleys and am looking forward to it. Last year we used gulp and it out fished live bait every day. I tried other plastics and could not get a hit, but switched back to Gulp and it was game on. We used 3" and it did not matter color, smelt, shiner, pink, orange, and chartreuse all produced. I'll post when I return. Good luck to everyone.
6/18/15 @ 7:49 AM
dlok
dlok
PRO MEMBER User since 11/20/08
We were up there 6/5-6/13 staying at Kingfisher and had excellent fishing with average size being up from past trips. Didn't even attempt to count the number of fish most days it would have been to much work. We were catching them in 6-10 FOW jig and minnow or jig and plastics. I used 4 minnows the whole trip switched over to plastics half way through the first day and never went back. The majority of the time I was using gulp minnows (emerald shiners 4") and was keeping pace if not passing the catch rate of natural bait. Later in the week I tried all different kinds of combos of jig colors and plastics. Jig color didn't seem to make a dramatic difference and Gulp definitely out fished the other plastics (moxie purple & chart 5" was the hottest). Last day my partner in crime did pretty decent on perch and crappie on Keyhole I caught a handful of perch and crappie just wasn't my day for numbers. Caught this big girl near the 2nd Narrows north 40" approx. 18lbs on Sunday awesome fish on walleye gear. Took the picks and measurements and turned her loose I will most likely get a replica made biggest Northern I've ever caught.
6/16/15 @ 8:46 AM
vegas492
vegas492
User since 5/21/03
While we didn't get any perch on this trip, in year's past, we would get great jumbo perch in the bays behind Doe Island if coming from Peffley's camp. From what I remember, we would motor into the bays and see if we could see cabbage weeds. If we saw weeds, we would get jumbo perch. If not? We would leave and try the next bay. Here are a few pictures....Our eaters were about 16.5 to 17 inches. Then we tried keeping 18 inchers to travel home with us. We released a lot of fish over 18.5 inches. Maybe 40-50. As I said before, we've caught more fish up there, but never in the sizes that we got this time. And I really believe that the little guys were still out deep.
WABASKANG LAKE PERRAULT FALLS, ONTARIO photo by vegas492
6/15/15 @ 4:59 PM
drptine
User since 6/6/07
Anybody got any pics of some of there bigger fish. I am interested in taking my fiver year old the end of August. Thanks.
6/15/15 @ 2:49 PM
vexman65
User since 3/6/10
Pm sent. Thx Vegas. Looking forward to finding walleyes and some bonus jumbos
6/15/15 @ 9:23 AM
vegas492
vegas492
User since 5/21/03
To answer a question... Our crew is a jig and minnow crew. Which can get costly. So once we get a fish or two, I usually flip to plastic, twisters, to see if they will eat that. Sometimes they do, sometimes they do not. Yellow and Chartreuse are the two colors that seemed to work best. White and Black were not eaten. I also pitch rapala crank baits when up there. And I'll troll them when I think fish are schooled up. Husky Jerks were best for me this year, even though the bite was primarily meat. Perch colored.
6/14/15 @ 7:57 PM
percheye1
User since 6/24/01
Fished the last day and a half Walleye bite is great anywhere from 2 to 10 feet catching more bigger fish than I have caught in a week previously. having problem finding big perch but hopefully that changes soon.
6/14/15 @ 7:05 PM
vexman65
User since 3/6/10
Thx fishies.
6/14/15 @ 5:31 PM
fishies
User since 1/2/12
Vex, Check your messenger.
6/14/15 @ 3:58 PM
vexman65
User since 3/6/10
Going up in two weeks. Bringing worms do you guys usually fish jig and Minnow ? If so salted or you buy them up there thx.
6/14/15 @ 1:32 PM
JAY221
User since 6/13/15
Thanks for the response ColoradoMS. I have been on Wabaskang 3 times in the past. Twice @ Kingfisher & once @ Tall Pines. It is a very good lake in my opinion. The way it is broken up you can find somewhere to fish all the time out of the wind. I have met Dave from Peffleys a number of years back the wife & I was coming through the first narrows early in the morning & Dave was out by the first island waving for help. His big motor had blown up & we towed him in to Sleepy Dog to get help. I will try to post when we are up there how the fishing is going. Later, Jay
6/13/15 @ 7:47 PM
FISHING REPORT
ColoradoMS
User since 5/22/15
Jay, spoke to Peffley's yesterday. Although they sit on the north side of the lake, they said the mayfly hatch was just about ready to hit. Water is still low. Weather's been good and fish has been easy to locate. My group will be up 3rd week in July. Never fished Wabby, but looking forward to new water.
6/13/15 @ 4:10 PM
JAY221
User since 6/13/15
New guy here. I was looking for fishing reports on Wabaskang & found this site. I will be up there 1 month from today & will be in the cabin by the lake @ Sleepy Dog that was just talked about. It is Sleepy Dogs cabin #4. I believe #1 is the large one first on the left as you go up the hill. Any reports would be appreciated. Later, Jay
Displaying 91 to 105 of 1,100 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fishing equipped by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE