SEARCH
MORE
Canadian Reports/Discussion

WABASKANG LAKE PERRAULT FALLS, ONTARIO

6/9/02 @ 9:34 PM
INITIAL POST
SIX PACK
User since 2/10/02
FISHED FIRST WEEK OF JUNE BEST FISHING IN ALL THE YEARS WE WENT. WALLEYES WERE IN 2 TO 8 FEET OF WATER 1/8 OZ. WHITE JIGS WORKED BEST. WALLEYES FROM 12 TO 27 INCHES BUT ONLY 1 OVER 18 INCHES ADAY MAY BE KEPT. LAKE TROUT WERE ACTIVE BEST WAS A 12 POUNDER. GOOD LUCK SIXPACK

Displaying 76 to 90 of 1,100 posts
7/2/15 @ 1:43 PM
Walleye Will 16
User since 2/13/15
Does anyone know of any lodges near the north end of wabaskang?
7/1/15 @ 1:23 PM
ColoradoMS
User since 5/22/15
jsmyers, I really believe you are correct. The slot has made a huge impact on the fisheries and reproduction. Couple that with more and more fisherman releasing the girls makes for sustainability. I know just my group alone has adopted and embraced releasing ALL walleye 18" and over. We keep our 17-18's for lunch and fish coming home. You are allowed one fish over 21", however, we have come to the conclusion that catching the big girls are a whole lot more fun than frying them. I have no issues for groups keeping their legal limit or exercising their right to taking a bigger fish. Good luck to everyone if heading up in the near future. We are heading to Wabaskang for the first time in a few weeks. Counting down the days!
7/1/15 @ 8:43 AM
jsmyers
User since 6/25/10
I saw drptine's message from a couple of weeks ago about Wabby changing over the last ~20 years. I didn't see that anybody responded. My grandfather started going to Wabaskang in the 70s, I started in 1985 when I was 5. We stopped going around 93 or 94 when my grandfather's mobility declined. Back then we went August or September. Then we went back in May 2011. We mostly target pike. My experiences and everything I've read indicate that the fishery is much better than it was in the early 90s. The slot limits, fish sanctuaries, and changing ethics regarding keeping fish have made a big difference.
6/29/15 @ 1:01 PM
JAY221
User since 6/13/15
Sorry, My mistake. 11 days until I get to cross the border headed up. Later,Jay
6/28/15 @ 4:27 PM
percheye1
User since 6/24/01
I believe he was asking about fishing the refuge by the falls.
6/28/15 @ 3:37 PM
JAY221
User since 6/13/15
I believe the walleye opener was May 16, 2015 but I could be wrong. Later, Jay
6/27/15 @ 7:38 AM
percheye1
User since 6/24/01
June 15
6/26/15 @ 8:33 PM
vexman65
User since 3/6/10
When does Perrault falls area open for fishing. Thx
6/26/15 @ 8:17 AM
JAY221
User since 6/13/15
Yes, that would have to be Keynote. Some of these places go by different names depending on who you are talking to. I have heard McLeod Bay referred to as North Bay. I have heard Ruby referred to as Moose Bay. If you go looking for Keynote you will think you are running out of water but the opening is there on the left to get down there. Later, Jay
6/26/15 @ 7:00 AM
czar312
User since 8/19/14
I see regarding the crappie and perch that there is reference being made to "Keyhole". Is that the same as Keynote lake?
6/25/15 @ 10:03 PM
hockeybob
User since 4/20/11
My wife and I leave 6:00am tomorrow for Pefflys. First time going there. Hope we can get on fish without too much "exploring". I will report back as the week goes on. Thanks to all who offered up some "spots" to try and also lures and techniques. Bob
6/20/15 @ 8:52 PM
percheye1
User since 6/24/01
Putting out an APB on roadrunner jigs found in northerns My wife and I lost over 100 most were chartreuse or white some red if found please return. Walleye bite was very good early part of week got a little tougher last couple days. Mayflies are starting to hatch. Perch didn't cooperate for us as well this year couldn't find the big ones in numbers.
6/19/15 @ 1:19 PM
vegas492
vegas492
User since 5/21/03
Hazards? Yes. Though most of them are marked with jugs. My first time up there, I was running around the second lake with a buddy. Out in the middle of nowhere was an unmarked, huge, rock. I saw it just in time and was able to lift up the motor before we hit it. Instead of a wrecked prop or lower unit, all we got was a little scrape on the bottom of the boat and some underwear that may have been less than clean afterwards. But the third lake, or Big Lake next to Peffleys camp? No real hazards out there. Common sense rules. Be careful running next to shore. I know of a few shoreline spots that get dicey, but those were clearly marked with jugs. Should you go over the first falls and into Wine Lake? Well, make sure you run that river correctly. If you make the wrong turn, I think you end up at the 7 foot falls. And there are rock hazards there and that waterfall seems to kill someone every few years.
6/19/15 @ 11:34 AM
vexman65
User since 3/6/10
Great posts. Just wondering any rocks or hazards to be aware of on this big lake. Thx.
6/19/15 @ 10:40 AM
vegas492
vegas492
User since 5/21/03
Pretty cool to hear about crappies. I've never caught one up there. Next time I may have to go hunting for them. Years ago we were staying at Kingfisher, second week of June. Had horrible warm weather with little wind. Fishing was very, very tough. We had enough fish for a shore lunch, so we pulled into "Picnic Point" on the second lake, right across from the island that looks like the Prudential Rock. As we pulled up to the spot, I looked in the water and saw about 100 walleyes just hanging out in the rocks. So, I let the others get the fire going. Fish was already battered, so I threw out some slip bobbers with minnows. Quickly got our limit. For the next 3 days, that was the only spot on the chain that we could consistently catch walleyes, except for some small fish in the first narrows in the evening. That spot sounds similar to some advice given below. It saved our bacon that one year! Our first time up there, we stayed at Keystone (Kingfisher). Dad caught walleyes on 36 consecutive casts at the Falls near camp. When he tells the story, he says you've never seen anyone work a cast as long or as good as he did that 37'th time.... Smile
Displaying 76 to 90 of 1,100 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fish located by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE