SEARCH
MORE
Canadian Reports/Discussion

WABASKANG LAKE PERRAULT FALLS, ONTARIO

6/9/02 @ 9:34 PM
INITIAL POST
SIX PACK
User since 2/10/02
FISHED FIRST WEEK OF JUNE BEST FISHING IN ALL THE YEARS WE WENT. WALLEYES WERE IN 2 TO 8 FEET OF WATER 1/8 OZ. WHITE JIGS WORKED BEST. WALLEYES FROM 12 TO 27 INCHES BUT ONLY 1 OVER 18 INCHES ADAY MAY BE KEPT. LAKE TROUT WERE ACTIVE BEST WAS A 12 POUNDER. GOOD LUCK SIXPACK

Displaying 121 to 135 of 1,100 posts
6/10/15 @ 2:08 PM
hockeybob
User since 4/20/11
My wife and I are headed to Pefflys at the end of the month. It's her first time fishing in Canada so I'm excited about our trip. These fishing reports and tips are very helpful to us new guys and much appreciated! Please keep them coming. I don't want for this next comment to come off negative but a post below said 2 people caught 344 fish in a week. Don't get me wrong that is a lot of fish but I'm used to catching 100 walleyes a day easy at the lake we normally go to. My wife's only off of work didn't work with the other resort as it was full that week. I may need to lower my expectations which is fine as this is just a "different" trip with a new set of experiences. Again, I have never fished Wabaskang but have been fishing my whole life and have been going to Canada for 35 years. Any more tips, spots to fish or other items I should bring to Pefflys is appreciated.
6/10/15 @ 11:10 AM
vexman65
User since 3/6/10
Great report thx so much. Heading there end of June. Looking forward to the time thx.
6/10/15 @ 10:24 AM
vegas492
vegas492
User since 5/21/03
I'm really enjoying reading the reports. Ruby Lake? I'm not sure where that is....probably a long haul via 15 horse engine from Peffley's place. But it makes a lot of sense that warmer water would have the weed growth to hold those perch and walleyes. And about mid-week, I was wondering if the second south narrows would be rocking. Sounds like they were. Sounds like everyone had good catches in that twilight hour. We focused more on some larger fish spots rather than the community spots. Guys in other camps were getting 40-60 fish in a little trip in the evening at the Hotel. But the sizes were smaller. 12-15's. Couple 16's. As far as spots go, we did well on larger fish on Peffley's Point in the Big Lake. Sometimes the fish were shallow 5 feet of water or so and you had to fish around/through the snags. Sometimes they were out a little deeper. We also did well at the cuts on Mean Lake. Weeds should be growing up there soon and I would think they will be loaded with fish. We also got fish around Doe Island and Devil's Point. The big Rock Island close to Peffley's Camp gave up fish to us as well. Everytime you see a point in that lake, be it an island or shoreline, just imagine that point underwater. There are some fish on pretty much every point. We even went into a few new coves and found those points. And caught 5-6 fish off every one. Good luck up there everyone. I can't wait to get back. And if you haven't done it yet, go pick up one of those portable Humminbird Fish Locators. My wife got me one to use up there and it was worth it's weight in gold. Showed depth, structure, bait and water temp. Great little unit. Ran all week on 6 AAA batteries.
6/10/15 @ 9:13 AM
Bullman
User since 4/10/15
Thanks Eldril, Goosepnd and Vegas for your posts. I'm heading up to Peffley's on June 19th and appreciate the reports. Looking forward to the camp and the wonderful fishing. I'll provide a post when we return.
6/10/15 @ 6:31 AM
eldril
User since 5/28/09
Hello got back from Kingfisher on Saturday just haven't had tome to post. We arrived on the 29th and it was chilly and overcast but the weather improved as the week went on. We fished Friday afternoon and had trouble locating many fish. We found a few walleye here and there and some 22-26in northerns, no perch to speak of. Saturday we found a few perch the walleye bite was hit or miss. The northerns were easy to find in the 22-25 inch range nothing to big. We fished hard all day Sunday and found the walleye in the coves close to the "yellow Cabin" that's not yellow anymore. We decided to fish the first narrows south on Sunday night and caught 51 Walleye in 1 1/2hrs they were hitting on anything we threw. Artificial in a avocado green, minnows crawlers on purple and white jigs or white and red were the best. Monday it was chilly in the morning but was starting to warm up mid day. We started finding the perch on Ruby lake in 12-15 inches of water. We found weeds sticking up and casted into them and there was almost always perch in them. If you took the time to move around slowly you could catch quite a few but had to sort through the small ones. Average size was 10-12 inches. We also caught a ton of northerns on Ruby and a few smallies biggest was 17 inches. The popular color for perch was blue and white, or a chartreuse green with blue and white or red on in 1/32oz. Monday night we caught 41 walleyes in the first narrows same time 8-930pm and Tuesday we caught 63 from 8-90pm. Wednesday was the best day for perch we found them again at Ruby just about any weed line was holding them. Ruby lake and Kenote were about 7 degrees warmer than the main lake so the fish were feeding and it was fun. Thursday was sunny and warm no clouds and the perch were still biting and so were the walleyes we found them in 4-6ft of water on slip bobber it was really strange catching walleye midday in the bright sunshine but I'll take it. Friday we fished half a day and finished our limit of perch and caught a northern and walleye to have with our Friday night Steak dinner. For the week 2 guys caught 344 fish, the bite was steady and overall the weather was great. The most popular colors were purple/white 1/8oz, white with red speckles 1/8oz and blue and white for walleye. The Green Chartreuse with blue and white or red on it 1/32 I bought them at Bass Pro and they were called Gum Ball jigs with a red hook. I can't say enough about the hospitality and Kingfisher Lester cleans the fish and Gerry and Linda are just great as well. Had the chance to enjoy some time with them at the lodge. I hope this helps with anyone going up I can't wait until next year until then Good Fishing.
6/9/15 @ 8:36 PM
FISHING REPORT
goosepnd
User since 5/17/15
Well, got back from Wabaskang Saturday but just haven't had time to post up report. Fishing was good all last week. Cant say it was sizzling but steady. Had some huge fish caught and not in just one place. I got 2 - 19" small mouth, brother got a 24" walleye and a friend with us got a 45" northern on a chub. What a hog it was. We caught several others in the 27 - 37" range and had a ball doing it. Great weather last week hope its good this week. Everything was biting just had to find the spots. Perch were coming on end of the week and heard of many in the 12-13" range with several over 13". Good luck to everyone.
6/9/15 @ 4:55 PM
vexman65
User since 3/6/10
Great report. If you care to share your fishing spots I'll be going up in a few weeks. Thx
6/9/15 @ 10:58 AM
vegas492
vegas492
User since 5/21/03
Well...it was different than any other trip I've had up there...fishing wise. We didn't catch as many walleyes as we are used to. I'm used to catching 50-100 a day. In this trip, I think I may have caught 100 fish total. Others in my camp caught more, especially my father. I was the one trying to hold a boat in the wind with the motor, tie all jigs, bait the hooks...etc so that is probably why I caught fewer. But, the sizes were impressive of our walleyes. Average fish was 16 inches, with tons of 17's, 18's, 19's and 20+'s. I think our camp released 30-40 fish over 18 inches long. And we had to eat a few early in the week. Our average eaters were 17 inch fish. And we did have a large fresh walleye meal every day up there. Here is what happened....a big time cold front hit the day we arrived. Frost on the ground for 2 or three days. I saw the water temps dip 4 degrees right away. We kept a 23 inch fish as a traveling "trophy". She still had half her eggs in her. So, my best guess is that we hit the tail end of the spawn. Bigger males and some females were still shallow. But, the majority of those little males were out deep. I caught 13 inch males in 40 feet of water on 3 consecutive casts off of a spawning reef. Then we left to go get bigger fish, so my lack of numbers was partially due to relocating away from smaller fish. The fishing improved as the week went on. I'm sure this week is better than last week and next week should be awesome. No weeds were up yet for our trip. They were just starting to emerge in Gawleys Bay. It was a meat bite. I threw a lot of plastic trying to get something going, sometimes I caught fish, most of the time I didn't. Minnows, though, were consistently great. I did get some of husky jerks with a half ounce weight in front of them. Had the fish been schooled up more, that technique would have worked better. We found a few new rock bars and a few new spots. Most spots held fish, just not in the numbers that we were used to. But, the last trip I took with my father on Friday was pretty indicative of the trip. We went out with about a dozen and a half minnows, just to fish them out as we had our traveling fish. In 2 hours, we caught 16, 16, 16.5, 17, 17, 18, 19, 20, 22. My uncle and cousin caught more, same size range. And of our catch? I got a 16 right away, then a 17 on my last cast. The rest was all dad. We tried for perch, couldn't find them as there were no weeds. Caught a few dinks, then gave up. Tried for smallies, they moved out deeper with the cold, I think. Got two nice ones, but that was it. Never went over the falls, but heard that others did well on lakers. Pike were everywhere as usual. More of nuisance than anything else. And the camp? Dave Peffley has to be the nicest man in Canada. Just a great host. We had a great time in camp. Everything was unbelievably clean and Dave upgraded his camp boats. He has some nice Princecrafts up there and some Nadens have been modified with flat floors. He has a very good camp right hand man, Mel, helping him out. While I don't think I'll be returning with my father anymore as he just can't do it any longer, I will be back up with my wife and then probably with my cousin and his two young kids.
6/7/15 @ 9:15 AM
ColoradoMS
User since 5/22/15
Vegas492, Looking forward to hear your report from Peffley's. We are heading up later this summer.
6/5/15 @ 1:35 PM
vexman65
User since 3/6/10
Any updates. Thx
6/4/15 @ 6:36 AM
percheye1
User since 6/24/01
yes
6/3/15 @ 7:25 PM
vexman65
User since 3/6/10
Basic jig and piece of worm under a cork presentation ? Thx
6/3/15 @ 3:21 PM
percheye1
User since 6/24/01
1-6 ft based on other years Look for reeds.
6/3/15 @ 2:46 PM
Bullman
User since 4/10/15
Heading to Peffley's in 17 days. Hoping to get some perch this year. Last year it was still to early for them due to the late ice out. Any idea's on general areas or depth to catch them?
5/29/15 @ 4:53 PM
dlok
dlok
PRO MEMBER User since 11/20/08
Edril we will be up there the weekend of 7th. looking forward to your reports. Definitely getting that walleye itch that needs to be scratched. Good Luck to you! Tight lines
Displaying 121 to 135 of 1,100 posts

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fish located by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE