SEARCH
MORE
Turkey Hunting

2019 Reports

3/11/19 @ 8:20 AM
INITIAL POST
FullDraw05
User since 10/10/17

Hard to believe the season is roughly only a month out - i've actually been noticing Tom's breaking away from the flocks in my area. No strutting or gobbling thus far that I have seen. Any one else?

Fox valley area

Displaying 31 to 45 of 61 posts
4/23/19 @ 9:09 AM
lakeshiner
lakeshiner
User since 7/20/09

Struck out first period for the first time ever.  Had very little time, hour here, hour there...made it tough.  This morning I had 5 strutting at about 80 yards and had to go to work.  Would have loved to wait them out.  Frustrating but oh well.  Next year I'm not applying for a period that has Easter weekend so that the weekend is free.  

4/22/19 @ 10:42 PM
Tr carper
Tr carper
User since 6/15/15

Got to love the reapers. It's hard to believe guys do it where others are hunting. And they call that turkey hunting. 

4/22/19 @ 7:31 PM
Blowing feathers
User since 2/15/16

Had a exciting Saturday morning when another hunter flipped open his strutting Tom umbrella and proceeded to stalk my decoy I walked to 10 yards next to my decoy wide open yelling hunter here buddy was coughing loud the guy still kept crawling closer to within 50 yards I walked back to the edge of the woods before I got shot then he realized and quickly walked away 

4/22/19 @ 6:55 PM
Btw567
User since 9/22/17

Furry, that is a great gobbler.  Would love to be able to hear 10-20 birds but up North it seems if you can find one, the day is successful.

4/21/19 @ 8:14 PM
Furry
User since 12/6/02

Hunted the Barneveld area (Iowa county) the past 3 days.  Lots of gobbling this morning, although not real close to me.  Sounded like a good 15 or 20 toms.  Eventually two toms made their way to me at about 10 am. Downed this 24 pounder.  A nice, successful day!

4/19/19 @ 9:48 PM
inland sweep
PRO MEMBER User since 6/2/09

Northern Iowa County Private land was super quite this morning. Hoped out of the blind and hit the woods. High winds kept them down in the coulees. Around 10 got this 24.5 pound 11 inch bread with 1.125 inch spurs to thunder in. Intense hunt I’ll never forget. Totallly awesome day.

4/19/19 @ 8:11 PM
wicked crappie
User since 7/23/15

I ended up shooting one this afternoon about 2:30. Two came in strutting and gobbling.I sat the stand for a little more than an hour before I heard the first gobble. I was in the same area this morning and had some gobbling and getting closer when some coyote's started barking and yipping. Gobbler's shut right down and the coyotes never made an apperance. So I went back this afternoon an got the deal done.

4/18/19 @ 1:47 PM
Lunkerhunt85
User since 5/10/14
Hunted 30 minutes. 
4/17/19 @ 5:44 PM
musky queen
User since 7/17/03

Set up yesterday,  muddled through mud,  floated sleds across 3 mile hike, waded through mid thigh creek,  put birds to bed. Was it worth it. Heck yeah. 9:23, 3 toms come to the decoys and one hit on the box.  This one had the thick beard 24.5 lb, 9.5 "beard. 1.5"spurs.

First bird with a Valentine's gift from my fiancee a year go. A Franchi Affinity  3 for a short shooter.  

2019 Reports photo by musky queen
4/17/19 @ 4:47 PM
joeywadu
User since 5/13/02

My dad got this nice Jake this morning around 7am...we had over 30 Tom's and a bunch of Jakes and about 40 hens fly down into the field we were on...ever see 30 Tom's strutting at once...it was so cool..after what seemed like forever we had a single hen walk by us at 10 feet and then their were like 5 Jakes and a big Tom following her...well dad shot the first bird that had a reddish head...darn thing ran 200 yards before dying way on the other end of the field..

Game over

4/17/19 @ 9:12 AM
lakeshiner
lakeshiner
User since 7/20/09

Had a couple guys wandering the woods so I left, I couldn't hunt long anyways, had to head to work.  I was trying a blind for the first time and that just doesn't work where I hunt.  I have to be able to move to get ahead of the other yahoos.  Was hoping to take my son but he doesn't sit still super well so was hoping to use a blind yet.  Will have to figure something out.  I think I now lost 50% of the motivation I had.  Doesn't help that I have a nasty head cold/cough and its hard enough to keep quiet.  

4/17/19 @ 7:58 AM
FullDraw05
User since 10/10/17
Good luck everyone! Stuck at work today but hoping for Friday AM
4/17/19 @ 5:22 AM
lakeshiner
lakeshiner
User since 7/20/09

I’m out now on some public land. One other guy here, not sure what will happen.  I know where the birds are, depends which way they go or if this guy is running around in the woods...as I get older I get sick of the public race more and more.

4/13/19 @ 4:43 PM
griff n
griff n
User since 6/17/11

My brothers granson got this bird in Waupaca Co this morning. Was windy but had 3 maybe 4 Toms gobbling way before light.Pretty exciting when they let you know thier close to where your set up. 21.78 lbs

4/13/19 @ 3:21 PM
PSE
PSE
PRO MEMBER User since 11/25/05

A couple days early. Nice Tom and 3 hens. Looks nice in the scope though

Displaying 31 to 45 of 61 posts

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
boat towed by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE