SEARCH
MORE
Canadian Reports/Discussion

Eagle Lake

2/11/18 @ 8:38 AM
INITIAL POST
Golf Guy
PRO MEMBER User since 7/22/12

Planning a summer trip to fish Eagle Lake. 

What resorts are recommended for a decent place to stay but more importantly their guide service ?

thanks in advance. 

Tight lines. 

Displaying 46 to 55 of 55 posts
3/8/18 @ 3:15 AM
fishingcentury
User since 2/20/17

We would love to have you up to our families island fishing resort Century Lodge on Eagle. We are the only lodge on the whole SE end of Eagle Lake on famous Osbourne and Niven's Bay! Remote and secluded, sheltered stained end of the lake! Also wind protected! Excellent spawning grounds for walleye and trophy topwater muskie fishing. Great big smallmouth, pike and perch as well! Please visit www.centurylodge.com and our facebook page at www.facebook.com/centurylodge and let us know if you have questions at anytime!

Randy Tyran
Century Lodge

2/14/18 @ 10:07 PM
BugleTrout
BugleTrout
User since 9/27/01

The AML boats pull fish for a reason from what I'm told.  They hold an instructional seminar the night you get there and you get same-day info from their guides and pro staff.  They mark up lake maps and share specifics on baits, colors, techniques and patterns.  They have a follow up session mid-week and encourage guests to share info every evening so everyone gets into fish all week.  It was that and the opportunities to do a one-day flyout to an outpost lake, a guided 4x4 excursion to a remote lake and options to hike to a few portage lakes if fishing or conditions aren't ideal on Eagle that made the decision us.  After meeting the owner at the All Canada Show, I'm pumped for our trip.  

2/14/18 @ 6:31 PM
cle
User since 3/7/15

Also look at Evergreen Lodge. You can always get out and fish if the wind is blowing hard. Has good guides probaly one of the best on the lake. Yes Eagle is awesome.

2/14/18 @ 4:48 PM
BucketMouth123
BucketMouth123
User since 5/6/16

As recommended try and hit the All Canada show. Ask questions. The different parts of the lake offer different styles of fishing. Darker water south on the main body. Slightly stained and deep through Portage bay and then clearer up in Vermilion bay and West arm. I have never used guides but the 3 that have the reputation are Andy Meyers, Temple Bay & North Shore. 

I always see the Andy Meyers boats pulling fish. That would be my recommendations to you. 

Price, ammenities, location.... all the different factors will play into your decision.

Good luck with the trip. Eagle is awesome.

2/14/18 @ 3:18 PM
vegas492
vegas492
User since 5/21/03

http://northshorelodge.ca/

This place has come highly recommended to me.  Darker water.  Better fishing.  No need to run too far from camp.  Certainly worth a look.

2/14/18 @ 11:56 AM
roro
User since 5/29/07

Make sure you check out Eagle Lake Sportsmen's Lodge. I know they will be at the Milwaukee All Canada show. The owner - Jim is a great guide. www.eaglelakesportmanslodge.com one of our group has been going to Eagle for over 25 years and always stay at this lodge. 

2/11/18 @ 12:25 PM
BugleTrout
BugleTrout
User since 9/27/01

I highly recommend that you go to the All Canada Show next weekend in Milwaukee.  There are tons of lodges represented there with booths set up where you can talk directly with the owners and their staff.  I had already booked a trip before going to the show in Green Bay a few weeks ago but I'm glad that I went because I got to meet the owner of the lodge we're staying at in June and got a lot of questions answered about what to bring from clothes to gear.

I had many lodges recommended to me on Eagle Lake including Birchdale, Temple Bay and Andy Myers.  I checked them all out and each one of those looked like great places to stay but I went with Andy Myers.  They have the package that best fits what my dad and I are looking for during what will be our first trip up there.

Good luck with your search.

2/11/18 @ 11:30 AM
NARDA1
NARDA1
User since 3/27/11

www.birchdalelodge.com 807-227-5262 owners name is Marcel

www.eagleeyeguiding.com guide's name is Greg Bruetsch, he has grown up on Eagle.

Displaying 46 to 55 of 55 posts

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fish located by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE