SEARCH
MORE
Canadian Reports/Discussion

Eagle Lake

2/11/18 @ 8:38 AM
INITIAL POST
Golf Guy
PRO MEMBER User since 7/22/12

Planning a summer trip to fish Eagle Lake. 

What resorts are recommended for a decent place to stay but more importantly their guide service ?

thanks in advance. 

Tight lines. 

Displaying 31 to 45 of 55 posts
6/16/18 @ 1:50 PM
BugleTrout
BugleTrout
User since 9/27/01

We're on our way home.  Caught a lot of fish.  We had two 100 fish-in the-boat days and one 150+ fish day which included 5 over the slot.  Dad had two 24's and I had a 26, 27 and a 30".  One of those days was for lake trout exclusively on a different lake.  All three days were guided through AML by the most awesome guide I've ever fished with.  Walleyes are in transition from spring to summer areas.  The walleye were moving daily but are setting up on humps coming out of deep water.  We also found fish in the shallower areas near new weed growth but the big fish were on the humps and deep rock structures.  Jig and Minnow caught 99% of fish including the trout which were still shallow (25-45 fow).  Color didn't seem to matter but we mainly used chartreuse or parrot pattern.  We did get some trolling firetiger spinner rigs tipped with Minnows and with Rattling Raps on the days that we were on our own.  We didn't have mayflies the whole week but had a bunch on the truck this morning when we left so they're just starting. If you need anything more specific, let me know. I can post more when I don't have to type with my thumbs.

6/15/18 @ 1:37 PM
Deerlake1
User since 6/20/13

Thanks. We don't leave till the 26th. Sounds like some lakes are low this year and was just wondering what it's like. Mother Nature is in control all we do is hold the fishing rod.

Just itichin to get up there.

6/15/18 @ 10:36 AM
BucketMouth123
BucketMouth123
User since 5/6/16

I'll be there June 23rd to 30th. I can report when I get back and hopefully during. Not sure if that will help you or not. I know BugleTrout is there right now and will probably give an update when he gets back.

6/14/18 @ 5:04 PM
Deerlake1
User since 6/20/13

Any fishing reports from the guys that were up on Eagle? Water levels etc.

thanks

5/31/18 @ 6:57 PM
fishguidealso
User since 2/5/10

I guided with Scotty at aml. Now I guide for him.sure don' miss the long boat rides anymore.definetly don' have to go far to get into any kind of fishing.great boss to.real relaxed atmosphere also.best end of the lake for sure.must be a reason the aml boats travell all the way down there like I used.most days I don' have to go far to catch fish.

5/31/18 @ 6:56 PM
fishguidealso
User since 2/5/10

I guided with Scotty at aml. Now I guide for him.sure don' miss the long boat rides anymore.definetly don' have to go far to get into any kind of fishing.great boss to.real relaxed atmosphere also.best end of the lake for sure.must be a reason the aml boats travell all the way down there like I used.most days I don' have to go far to catch fish.

5/31/18 @ 5:42 PM
BugleTrout
BugleTrout
User since 9/27/01

We are booked for their deluxe package and I spoke to Julian at the All Canada Show. It sounds like he's going to hook us up with a great time.  Hopefully that includes Danny for one of the days.  If not, I've also heard that their guides and pro staff are hard to beat so either way, I figure that we'll be in good hands. 

And as far as WIFI, the lodge has it but I should also be good in our cabin as my truck WIFI has a 35' radius.  I'll try to post a report or two. Otherwise shoot me a PM.

5/31/18 @ 3:31 PM
BucketMouth123
BucketMouth123
User since 5/6/16

My guess is AML will have wifi for you. I will be checking in for updates as I'll be on Eagle June 23rd to the 30th. Can't wait for fresh Canadian air, hot walleye fish fry, and some rib bustin musky fishing.

BT, all the guides there are top notch, but keep your fingers crossed you get Danny guiding you for walleye. That kid can put you on some real nice schools.

5/31/18 @ 3:20 PM
BugleTrout
BugleTrout
User since 9/27/01

I'll be at Andy Myers at the same time.  My new truck has a WIFI hotspot so I'll be able to check in here once in a while.  After 25 years, you probably don't need advice but we're going to be guided 3 days. So if you need a report, post here or shoot me a message.  

5/31/18 @ 3:04 PM
Suickchucker
User since 12/27/07

I've stayed at most of the lodges on this lake over the last 25 years.  Great lake! We have been going to North Shore Lodge lately.  Scotty the newest owner is awesome and he grew up on the lake. His family used to own Fin N Feathers years ago and now Scott bought North Shore.  You can't go wrong there. The biggest plus is the location of the lodge.  It's the most centrally located lodge on the lake.  We will be there June 8th-15th. I'll let you know how we do.

3/11/18 @ 12:45 PM
BugleTrout
BugleTrout
User since 9/27/01

denesox,

Um, sorry about that.  I can't even blame auto correct.  It's funny how one's brain sees things.  We've both been here a long time and I always wanted to know why you named yourself after an athlete's foot powder.

3/10/18 @ 10:04 PM
denesox
denesox
User since 2/1/06

LMAO Bugle...its denesox...like den, and esox....lol.

Yeah, you are right it was definitely before the new ownership or renovations, that's for sure.  And if accomodations would have been up to par, it would have been worth it, because there's always a crazy amount of knowledge floating around that lodge...and even when its tough, they have access to smaller lakes that are numbers lakes...but don't let that fool you...The average fish was around 40 and they were comng from everywhere, and at a time when Eagle was completly shut down.

3/9/18 @ 10:16 AM
BugleTrout
BugleTrout
User since 9/27/01

desonex,

How long ago did your group go to AML?  From what I can tell, the lodge has been under new ownership for the past few years and it appears that they are investing a lot in the facilities.  Their last newsletter stated that they had done renovations to three cabins this off-season and are building a new 2-story 7000 square foot lodge that should be ready by May.

As far a cost goes, I did compare prices at other lodges/camps and AML is higher than many of them.  But none of those other packages offered what we're getting.  Maybe some guys are OK not doing fly-outs or having meals prepared for them.  We may choose not to do that the next time we go but wanted the full experience the first time around.  I know that comparing Canada to Alaska isn't apples to apples but my dad and I are paying less for both of us to go to AML on their upgraded package than we did for one of us to go fishing in AK.  And I think we'll actually do more fishing since we won't have hour+ long boat or plane rides every time we want to try different spots.

3/8/18 @ 8:47 PM
denesox
denesox
User since 2/1/06

fishingcentury...That';s the one part of the lake I haven't fished....Eldorado bay or a little past that, was as close as I got, and that';s still al ong ride from your area....I've always wanted to fish that area, and if I go back, that's probably where I will go.

3/8/18 @ 8:41 PM
denesox
denesox
User since 2/1/06

The first time here, my goup went to Andy meyers.

They do have excellent guides.....

But they have aweful accomodations and ultra high prices in comparison to others....we went there once, and never went back.

Cedarpoint lodge is significantly better in every way aside from the guides...and last I was there, almost half the cost...they have the same boats that they have at Andy Meyers.

Great Lake, many areas of the lake are as busy as Pewauee practically, but its so big, that as long as you don't mind a long ride, you can always find seclusion.

Tough lake, but also very rewarding...sometimes you go long periods of crazy tough fishing, then you get a day or two where muskie seem to be coming out of every weed bed and off every rock pile.....you will raise a ton of fish, but likely catch few....but the size of the fish you see...well, its incredible....I have seen a few fish I swear were 60lb class fish....fish I will never forget.

Main parts of the lake get really rough a lot of the time, which can make the long distance boat rides like riding the log ride at great america for an hour....but its all worth it.

Walleye are stupid east to catch as well...like see them on the graph, drop down and reel up.

Displaying 31 to 45 of 55 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
boat towed by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE