SEARCH
MORE
Canadian Reports/Discussion

Eagle Lake

2/11/18 @ 8:38 AM
INITIAL POST
Golf Guy
PRO MEMBER User since 7/22/12

Planning a summer trip to fish Eagle Lake. 

What resorts are recommended for a decent place to stay but more importantly their guide service ?

thanks in advance. 

Tight lines. 

Displaying 16 to 30 of 55 posts
7/15/18 @ 1:36 PM
FloridaWalleyeGuy
User since 7/15/18

Any updates on Walleye and if anyone is catching anything lately?   Heading up in a few days from Florida and would love nothing more to catch a ton of eaters.  We stay at South Shore Lodge and traditionally have fished the flats out just west of Net Island.   

7/4/18 @ 7:37 PM
Golf Guy
PRO MEMBER User since 7/22/12

Esox

Hope you have a great week.  

We leave the 13th for a week. 

Staying at AML - if your near maybe pop a cold one and a story or two. 

Safe travels & tight lines

7/4/18 @ 1:46 PM
Esox JJ
PRO MEMBER User since 6/4/05

Deerlake, thanks for the excellent report. We will definitely check out those two spots for the big fish. We have a guide for two day's and then a different guide for one more day. We are staying for eight day's this year. I just got done packing my stuff, we leave at 4:00 AM tomorrow. You didn't say if your line broke or if the big fish just came unhooked. If the line broke and I hook into her and bag her I'll return your jig. LOL

7/3/18 @ 5:37 PM
Deerlake1
User since 6/20/13

Saw one two years ago in the middle of 502 during early morning light. You don't want to see one up close and personal. It was a cow and she was a lot taller than the truck I was seated in.

7/3/18 @ 10:05 AM
BugleTrout
BugleTrout
User since 9/27/01

I was disappointed that we didn't get to see a moose.  The group of guys that went on a fly out to the same lake we were at the previous day got to see a cow and calf feeding on watercress so we missed it by a day.

7/3/18 @ 8:45 AM
BucketMouth123
BucketMouth123
User since 5/6/16

That's awesome to see. We saw one driving home overnight Friday. He was in the middle of the road as we passed by. Also saw 2 moose which was a little scary. Luckily they weren't in the road. 

7/2/18 @ 4:00 PM
Deerlake1
User since 6/20/13

Bucketmouth,

I have a picture and video of a Lynx swimming near Viking Reef on Eagle Lake but don't know how to post it here. According to old guides and lodge owner very very rare to see. That's what makes Canada special. Cat was 1.5 miles from far west shorelinend was still a 1/2 mile to closest land.

7/2/18 @ 1:03 PM
BucketMouth123
BucketMouth123
User since 5/6/16

Got back this past Saturday. As stated the walleyes were in the weeds and on the edges. Found a few fish on deeper structure but the numbers were in the weeds. Smallie action was hot. Multiple doubles with a triple in the boat. Muskies were way more active then I have ever seen. Only had one hookup that shook loose about 10 seconds in. I need to work on my boatside skills to trigger more strikes on follows. Water was down significantly and was much warmer than we are used to this time of year. Can't wait till next year.

7/2/18 @ 6:50 AM
Deerlake1
User since 6/20/13

Just returned last night from Eagle Lake at Temple Bay Lodge.

1.There were mayflies hatching but in bays were there were weeds you found lots of walleyes small to over slot. Jig and minnow deadly. Had 100 fish days with hatch on. Biggest Walleye in our boat was 28". Our other boats had 28's and one 29". One 36" Northern the biggest in our group.

2.Humps off deep water Big Walleyes. Jig and Minnow

3. No bugs except one shorelunch island with a few mosquitos.

4. Lots of big storms a couple of days. When Guide boats don't go out you know it's a bad storm. Got chased off the lake 3 times in one day 10am -2pm and at 6pm. But the fishing was spectacular in between storms. 

5. Water down a couple of feet but most hazards marked with bottles.

6.  Saw very active Muskies while Walleye fishing.Had a 50" try attacking Walleye while reeling in. 

JJ - Helmut's rock and Whisky barrel big Muskies.The one on Helmuths has sore mouth he took out 125 yards of 10 pound line and never stopped. Couldn't even slow him down with tight drag.Didnt get boat in right direction to follow. Hooked him on jig and minnow. Never saw him. Have a great trip.

6/25/18 @ 6:48 PM
Deerlake1
User since 6/20/13

Thanks JJ! Sorry we will miss you this year. If I get any hot tips on those BIG Muskies you like to chase I will post on Sunday or Monday.

Good Luck and safe travels!

6/25/18 @ 1:52 PM
Esox JJ
PRO MEMBER User since 6/4/05

Good luck Deerlake. Gary and I will be driving up this year, leaving on July 5th.

JJ

6/20/18 @ 12:00 PM
I Wire Em
User since 7/19/01

Any recent fishing reports ??

Thanks

6/20/18 @ 9:35 AM
OUTDOORCRITTER
OUTDOORCRITTER
User since 2/5/12

Thank you for all the input.

6/18/18 @ 9:35 AM
BugleTrout
BugleTrout
User since 9/27/01

The guide took us to the big basin to the south and east the two days we were with him on Eagle.  That's where the numbers and size structure was the best.  We had two days on Eagle unguided and we fished Myers, Waldorf and Vermilion Bays and the islands in the area with the camp boat.  After making the 35-40 mile journey with the guide, I think that I could have found my way to the big basin and back but the camp boat only had a 50 hp motor so it would have taken us around an hour each way so we stayed closer to the lodge.  The fishing in the Myer's/Waldorf/Vermilion Bay areas was good but no where as good as in the big basin to the southeast.

6/18/18 @ 8:45 AM
BucketMouth123
BucketMouth123
User since 5/6/16

BT, glad to hear it was a good trip. Did you guys generally fish the Vermilion bay area or did they take you south to the main area of the lake? 

Displaying 16 to 30 of 55 posts

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
ice drilled by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE