MORE
Archery

Juneau county reports

10/27/12 @ 9:06 AM
INITIAL POST
duckman05
duckman05
User since 1/6/11
Haven't seen any on Juneau yet, figured I would chime in. I hunt southern juneau, sat last night have 12 doe it a cut corn field....Not bucks to be seen. Have noticed a few scrapes. Also noticed there are not many dead deer on the roads around here yet, compared to Monore and Jackson co. Think the best is to come this week and next. Happy hunting.
Displaying 46 to 60 of 479 posts
11/16/20 @ 10:44 AM
Casedog
Casedog
User since 10/4/11

Same here DS

Tag soup for my 2020 archery season! I thought Saturday morning would be a great hunt but didn’t see anything! Saw a mom and fawn Saturday evening! Woke up Sunday and went back to bed!

Good luck and be safe next week to all my Juneau county hunters!

11/16/20 @ 8:03 AM
dsinwi
User since 1/24/02

Up to the cabin this past weekend. Saturday morning was cold with very little wind and some snow on the ground. The sit produced one sighting about 100 yards out. Not sure what it was, guessing a doe. Some rain off and on in the afternoon. Sat till dark and saw nothing. It was raining Sunday morning when I got up so I waited a bit to get dressed. It did let up but started again around 6:15. With the forecasted winds and not wanting to get wet again I opted to clean the cabin a little and pack up. Headed home to catch the Packer win. That concludes the 2020 bow season for me.

11/15/20 @ 4:26 PM
sauger
User since 6/19/01

Hunted Thursday-Saturday morning at the cabin which is SW of Necedah.  Saw a decent amount of deer.  A few smaller bucks and 1 dandy—couldn’t get him to stop —nose to the ground and on a mission.  Overall an improvement from past sits 

11/11/20 @ 12:17 PM
musky nut
musky nut
User since 7/20/12

Out this morning till 10 and saw a doe and 2 fawns that was it. Really thought with the colder weather and all the rain the deer would be moving like crazy but not the case by me I guess. Hit it again later.  

11/10/20 @ 8:19 PM
sauger
User since 6/19/01

Nice buck Big Steele —headed over tomorrow to hunt for a few days we’ll see how it goes 

11/10/20 @ 10:09 AM
BigSteelhead
User since 1/12/03

Got this one last weekend. Public land. Great time hunting despite the warm weather.

11/9/20 @ 9:24 PM
bueller
User since 1/4/03

Congrats BigHorn, great buck. We hunted Saturday through Monday morning. Very slow for us. Last weekend was much better. Both of us had our chances but for one reason or another no tags were punched. Hope the ones still walking come through during gun season.

11/9/20 @ 3:15 PM
BigHorn
User since 10/24/11

I'm just a few miles north of Necedah.  

11/9/20 @ 1:27 PM
Casedog
Casedog
User since 10/4/11

Just reporting on our rutcation! It was definitely one of our worse year in over a decade! The warm weather really put a damper on the daytime activity!

I had a 2-1/2 eight pointer on sunday evening after the big wind but no shot! On thursday night the 5th I had a big 8 point circle my stand just out of range! The only other buck I saw was a 4 pointer chasing does on Monday morning! Cameras showed a lot of movement between 3am and 5am

Out of 8 guys we ended with 2 bucks! On a normal year we would end up with 4-6 bucks so considerably slower this year! Better luck next year! Maybe get a crack during gun season! Pretty appropriate for the year from hell 2020! 

All north of necedah! Good luck to all still hunting! I will give it one last go this weekend before hanging the bow up for the gun!

Great deer big horn! How far north of Necedah? We are ten miles north in town of new miner

11/9/20 @ 11:07 AM
BigHorn
User since 10/24/11

Another pic.  It added a pic that was not me.  

11/9/20 @ 11:06 AM
BigHorn
User since 10/24/11

Hunted Thursday and was able to get a decent 10 ptr.  6 on one side with a split brow and 4 on the other.  In the morning I heard deer before dark around my stand.  One grunting.  Doe and 2 fawns as well after it got light out.  Then sat in the food plot Thursday afternoon.  A doe and 2 fawns came running to the plot and started eating at 4:30.  Thought dang, they must be hungry!  Then a second later the buck came running in grunting.  Drew back and he stopped and stared at me.  Quartering toward me.  I decided to shoot.  I could see the arrow sticking out of him as he ran away into the water.  Not one drop of blood anywhere.  Couldn't believe it.  Thought maybe square in the shoulder.  Went back in the morning and still couldn't find blood.  Walked to the other side of the water and no blood either.  Did so as well Thursday night.  Went a little farther in the morning and there he was laying in the water.  He was good and cold and the meat was fine.  Ate the loins Friday for dinner!  My mood sure changed from Thursday night to Friday morning!  Sure happy I recovered him.  It did go thru his shoulder blade and hit lungs.  North of Necedah.  

11/9/20 @ 8:47 AM
dsinwi
User since 1/24/02

Hunted last Wed afternoon to Sunday morning. Despite the warm temps action was pretty good the first couple hours of the morning and the last hour of light. Saw 5 bucks, 2 doe and a 2 or 3 unknowns. Missed a big 10 Saturday morning at 7am that came cruising through. He stopped on his own in a tight window at 25 yards and I opted to take the shot. Ended up making a perfect shot on a 3" maple tree. I had about an 8" gap to shoot through right to his vitals. Thinking I peeked at the shot as an inch to right I would have had him. Had a nice 8 pushing a doe around in the marsh behind me Sat night. They came in close but didn't offer a shot. Same buck came through Sunday morning but again no good shot opportunity. The bucks seem to be sticking to the low wet ground. I watched 3 buck go through a lot of brush in low areas when they could have easily turned and had a clear trail, right by my stand. Seems to be cooler in the low wet areas. I noticed a significant temperature drop when I hit low areas in my evening walks out in the dark. Will be back up for the weekend so give it another go.

Good luck to those still getting out.

11/2/20 @ 2:17 PM
bueller
User since 1/4/03

We hunted Friday afternoon through Sunday morning. Seems the lack of acorns and clean farm fields in the area really have the deer hitting our plots. Saw good doe numbers, passed on a couple smaller bucks, and even put eyes on our target buck twice but couldn't close the deal. No rutting behavior observed, just feeding. Wish it wasn't going to be in the 60's next weekend. 

11/2/20 @ 12:20 PM
BigHorn
User since 10/24/11

Hunted Wed-Sat.  Didn't hunt in the wind on Sunday.  Missed a decent one on Wednesday morning.  He was out cruising.  He wasn't with any does.  He came straight in after I bleated at him but he came straight at me and got too close.  Shot under him.  Other than that, I just saw does and fawns in a normal feeding pattern.  Nothing acting goofy yet.  Lots of scrapes and a few rubs around.  I'll be back at it Thursday morning.  

11/2/20 @ 8:33 AM
dsinwi
User since 1/24/02

Hunted last week Wed to Fri. Saw a good buck Wed evening cruising. No interest in my calls. Saw a doe and 2 fawns on that sit as well. Saw and unknown on Thur evening. That was it. Didn't find any scrapes and not a lot tracks in low muddy areas where I would typically see them.

Neighbor got a smaller 8 on Thur afternoon. That deer was feeding with several other does.

good luck to those getting out.

Displaying 46 to 60 of 479 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
boat towed by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE