MORE
Archery

Juneau county reports

10/27/12 @ 9:06 AM
INITIAL POST
duckman05
duckman05
User since 1/6/11
Haven't seen any on Juneau yet, figured I would chime in. I hunt southern juneau, sat last night have 12 doe it a cut corn field....Not bucks to be seen. Have noticed a few scrapes. Also noticed there are not many dead deer on the roads around here yet, compared to Monore and Jackson co. Think the best is to come this week and next. Happy hunting.
Displaying 31 to 45 of 479 posts
10/19/21 @ 8:06 AM
dsinwi
User since 1/24/02

Nice work bueller!

A buddy from high school came up with me this past weekend. We hunted Friday afternoon and Saturday morning. Saw nothing. No sign of rut activity that I saw. Got a last minute invite for the Badger game Saturday night so headed home for that. It was a fun game to watch as it was close the entire game but, the Badgers sure don't look very good this year offensively.

10/18/21 @ 4:00 PM
bueller
User since 1/4/03

Saw a 5 pt yearling Saturday morning. Watched him zig zag through the woods and was set on giving him a pass until he stopped 3 yards from the base of my ladder. 150 live weight, 115 dressed. 

10/18/21 @ 3:01 PM
BigHorn
User since 10/24/11

Hunted last Thursday thru Sunday morning.  Saw deer all but Saturday morning.  Friday night had the most activity.  Saw a few little bucks (spikes and a fork).  All deer just walking to or from feeding areas.  A couple scrapes opened up in the spots they're always at.  I'll be back at it this Wednesday thru Sunday.  

One nice buck showed up on the one camera I still have left.  Hope he shows during the day.  

10/12/21 @ 1:51 PM
WelderGuy
WelderGuy
User since 12/19/10

Yeah it sure sucks to be excited to check cameras just to find them stolen!!

10/12/21 @ 12:52 PM
BigHorn
User since 10/24/11

I was up the weekend of Oct. 2nd but didn't hunt.  Checked cameras to find one missing.

Sat Friday evening.  Had a doe and fawn eating acorns for a while before they headed to the food plot.  Didn't see anything Saturday morning.  It was kind of cool with the fog.  Lots of squirrel activity.  2nd camera is also missing now.  Haven't had any issues before.  Kind of puts a damper on my excitement for hunting season.  It's bad enough to trespass, but then to steal something.    

10/11/21 @ 7:53 AM
dsinwi
User since 1/24/02

Went up to the cabin Friday after work for the first time this bow season. Had a couple good meals, mowed my lawn and the neighbor's. Slept in both mornings. Met up with the friend at his cabin for a few cocktails. Did some cleaning and started to tear down the old wood shed. Home in time to watch the game Sunday. 

I had intentions of hunting Saturday evening but the heat, skeeters and general peacefulness of just being there was enough for me to just take some time to relax and enjoy the place. Looks like a little cold front this weekend. Will kick things off then.

12/3/20 @ 1:55 PM
sauger
User since 6/19/01

Well, bow hunting was a lot better for deer sightings than gun hunting.  We saw some deer during the gun season but they were all does and not a lot of them.  Oh well, next year I guess....

12/2/20 @ 2:07 PM
bueller
User since 1/4/03

He's trolling. Posted the same report on the gun hunt thread with the same BS claiming he was in Vernon County. 

Our group struggled badly this gun season. Very very few deer seen, none harvested. Others in the immediate area reported the same. DNR shows harvest was up quite a bit in the Juneau Central Forest. We did see good numbers during bow just didn't close the deal. 

12/2/20 @ 1:25 PM
Casedog
Casedog
User since 10/4/11

Johny I think you’re on the wrong forum-this is Juneau county we’re I haven’t seen 40 deer in one year let alone a day-lol

I think u must have thought this was the Vernon, Crawford, and or Grant county page!

Either way congratulations on seeing that many deer as I haven’t seen that many deer since the early 90’s in Juneau county but that’s why I love it because it is so challenging! I don’t think I would have the drive I have if I saw that many deer!!

12/1/20 @ 1:23 PM
Casedog
Casedog
User since 10/4/11

Our year ended with a 15 year old shooting a 17” 8 pointer for the big buck of the year!

We ended with 6 deer-3bucks 3 does! 5 of the six were shot by kids under 15 so it was a great year for the youngsters!

It was a decent year but definitely on the lower side of our average! Great memories were made and I’m already ready for next year! I’m done hunting so tag soup for me this year! Good luck to those still out there hunting the late season!

Until next year,,,

11/30/20 @ 3:12 PM
Johnny Wishbone
User since 8/15/18

Saw 40+ deer everyday.  It was like a damn war zone with all the shooting.  The tribe got more deer than we can possibly eat in 3 years.  I guess we won't go hungry

11/30/20 @ 10:38 AM
BigHorn
User since 10/24/11

Our camp had a great time even though nobody saw a deer opening weekend.  There was a decent 10 ptr on camera on Saturday night and does and fawns so they were around.  We didn't have any action until Tuesday when it snowed.  My stepson shot his first deer on Tuesday.  It was a nice sized doe and boy was she fat.  I believe she was the one that's been around all fall with no fawns so that was perfect.

There was very little shooting and only a few shots remotely close.    

I closed up the cabin on Thursday/Friday and headed home.  It was a great year for me with getting one during archery season and then my stepson scoring his first.  All of us were able to get together for the opener and we're all healthy.  That's a great year in my book!

11/23/20 @ 1:38 PM
Casedog
Casedog
User since 10/4/11

Opening weekend was decent by us this year! We had two youths each fill there doe tags on Saturday! One of the older guys got a 8pointer on Sunday morning 

When I left for home we had two does and a buck on the meat pole! Most guys hunting all week so hopefully that number gets higher. I won’t be back in the woods until thursday 

Shooting was really lite again this opener! There were maybe a half dozen shots before 10 then there was a little flurry of shots between 10 and noon and then nothing until about 3 and then a couple here and there

Sunday had more shots than Saturday but who knows how many were at deer versus people just shooting there guns!

Good luck to all who are still getting after it

11/23/20 @ 8:09 AM
dsinwi
User since 1/24/02

Saw 3 deer, 7 doe and 3 bucks for the weekend. One of the bucks was a pretty nice one but was going across the marsh at about 300 yards. I could see his back and head. I'm sitting about 40 yards inside the woods on a ridge. Wasn't comfortable taking that shot. Perfect weather this year for the opener. Not nearly as much shooting as in years past. Maybe a half dozen shots in my immediate area by the sound of it.

Good luck to those still out there! 

11/19/20 @ 8:06 PM
Casedog
Casedog
User since 10/4/11

Good luck everyone 

Besides no snow the weather looks pretty good! Not windy like the last 3 weekends 

I’m leaving tomorrow at 10 and I am amped up right now! If I ever loose this kid n a candy store feeling before opening day I will quit hunting 

Displaying 31 to 45 of 479 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fishing geared up by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE