MORE
Archery

2018 Archery Season

8/29/18 @ 12:08 PM
INITIAL POST
Casedog
Casedog
User since 10/4/11

17 days until go time! How many people actually hunt the early September season? Where in Wisconsin are you hunting? What type of terrain? Any expectations? Introducing any youth to the great outdoors? 

I will start- I absolutely love the first 2 weeks of archery! 

I will be hunting the northern part of Juneau county!

i will be climbing very close to the hottest oak tree in the area! I usually start on a beautiful 40 acre chunk of county land! Trying to leave the private alone until the youth hunt! 

I have higher than normal expectations for this year due to the mild winters and great crop selection! The herd is in really good shape! Not quite as good as pre 2000 doe slaughter years but getting close again! I’m somewhat scared to drive on the roads at night which hasn’t scared me in almost 20 years now! Really hoping my 12 year old daughter or 9 year old nephew connects this year?

We should possibly have 5 youth hunters this year so that is going to make for a great year as long as safety is priority #1!

Im extremely excited as always and ready to go! 17 days and it’s my favorite time of year! I also wanna wish everyone else a safe, enjoyable, and memorable season ahead!

Displaying 61 to 75 of 209 posts
11/9/18 @ 11:45 AM
Junkie4Ice
Junkie4Ice
User since 12/19/11

Hammered a HUGE red squirrel last night. Barely made it 10 yards before she crashed. Glad I could provide for my family this weekend! That's the extent of my archery season so far. Been a rough one. New property, still trying to figure it out.

Some nice deer posted so far, congrats to all!!

11/9/18 @ 9:28 AM
the_dude
the_dude
User since 1/10/03

Great deer, Hankster!  Looks like a pile of mass on that boy!  Mature deer for sure.

11/8/18 @ 9:43 PM
musky nut
musky nut
User since 7/20/12

Brother in law shot a real nice 9 pointer today at 4:30. Probably close to 145 inche's ...Sauk cty. I took off  a few days last week wish I would of took off this week. Oh well. Congrats to all that have connected. 

11/8/18 @ 9:23 PM
Oneshotkleibs
User since 9/13/18

Nice 

11/8/18 @ 9:00 PM
hankster
User since 1/11/11

Been at since Saturday in 4 different north central public woods with very little action. Noon today this guy came by and gave me a shot. Buddy also got a huge 10 pt last night on private, same area.  Don't quit yet

11/8/18 @ 12:53 PM
Cold Front
User since 7/9/01

Way to go ! Enjoyed the video. Your son will never forget that buck! Mrt.

11/8/18 @ 12:38 PM
alcrumpler
User since 7/19/09

Congratulations on the buck an retrieval i had simpler experience when i was younger went back in cedar swamp dad said only shoot if it was a nice one so shot buck an doe in knee high water 4hrs later was out lolbwent home an rite to bed beat learned big lesson that year lmao 20 some years ago..

11/8/18 @ 9:50 AM
Whitetailfever29
User since 11/20/12
Great video.  What a great teaching lesson from the shot to the recovery. Only thing that would've been better and funnier is if you had him go in water up to his twig and berries. 
11/8/18 @ 9:27 AM
ere
User since 2/22/07

Jiggers, with a lopsided doe buck ratio, you probably wont see much of a chase, the bucks dont have to.

11/8/18 @ 9:18 AM
earlyretirement
earlyretirement
User since 3/2/13

11/7/18 @ 7:45 PM
Jigger Pleaz
Jigger Pleaz
User since 3/30/18

I feel your pain neighbors don't shoot does by me. See anywhere from 6 to 15 does a night on my 40. I can only eat so many deer and not going to shoot them just to donate. Only seen a couple small bucks this year, and nothing chasing.

11/7/18 @ 5:23 PM
brews4995
brews4995
User since 4/2/10

Congrats to you that filled tags. 

This years rut has been tough. Normally average year is 1 buck sighting for per hour. This year its about 4-5 hours per buck. Just not seeing deer. Tons of crops left yet, super wet now isn't helping Im sure. And I think way to many does, no competition. My 10 day vacation ends Friday and I am actually sick of hunting right now. Curious what rest of hunting season will be like.

11/6/18 @ 4:24 PM
Jigger Pleaz
Jigger Pleaz
User since 3/30/18

Nice bucks guys. Hopefully now that his wife can hunt there is a big one left for her. Wonder if he picks the deer she can shoot.

11/6/18 @ 4:09 PM
MightyHunter
User since 3/25/06

Neighbor shot this one on Friday night 11/2/18. 10 pts, been after him for years. He is an 8 year old. I missed him when he was 5.

Pictures him caped out 

when he was 5.5 years old

And last year during gun season

Great deer, on his way downhill

11/6/18 @ 3:48 PM
lookn
lookn' 4 PnY
User since 7/15/05

I am!  We always do.  Guessing he is 6.5 plus but would not be surprised with 8.5.  We have shot bucks that old before.

Displaying 61 to 75 of 209 posts

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fishing geared up by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE