MORE
Archery

2018 Archery Season

8/29/18 @ 12:08 PM
INITIAL POST
Casedog
Casedog
User since 10/4/11

17 days until go time! How many people actually hunt the early September season? Where in Wisconsin are you hunting? What type of terrain? Any expectations? Introducing any youth to the great outdoors? 

I will start- I absolutely love the first 2 weeks of archery! 

I will be hunting the northern part of Juneau county!

i will be climbing very close to the hottest oak tree in the area! I usually start on a beautiful 40 acre chunk of county land! Trying to leave the private alone until the youth hunt! 

I have higher than normal expectations for this year due to the mild winters and great crop selection! The herd is in really good shape! Not quite as good as pre 2000 doe slaughter years but getting close again! I’m somewhat scared to drive on the roads at night which hasn’t scared me in almost 20 years now! Really hoping my 12 year old daughter or 9 year old nephew connects this year?

We should possibly have 5 youth hunters this year so that is going to make for a great year as long as safety is priority #1!

Im extremely excited as always and ready to go! 17 days and it’s my favorite time of year! I also wanna wish everyone else a safe, enjoyable, and memorable season ahead!

Displaying 46 to 60 of 209 posts
1/1/19 @ 10:58 AM
waltereye sr.
User since 6/25/01

Well I see cold weather will be short lived. Oh well, I'll be out regardless. Good luck to anyone who goes

1/1/19 @ 10:53 AM
waltereye sr.
User since 6/25/01

I have a couple dang nice bucks on camera but no earlier than 5:15. That is why I like the deeper snow late season. Also, now the woods have settled and am hoping cold will move deer a touch  earlier this week

1/1/19 @ 10:40 AM
shoreboy
User since 3/30/03

Been out a few times. I have not seen any deer since the 2nd week of October, hunting the Northern Kettle moraine unit.  I do not have 4x4 so I have to be careful where I park. found these beds the other night, but tracks looked old.  I must be doing something wrong.  

12/31/18 @ 9:45 PM
waltereye sr.
User since 6/25/01

Isn't anyone hunting late season? I enjoy all the stories also. I will be, this week and weekend. Love late season but wish we had more snow. A lot more. Good luck if anyone is heading out.

12/24/18 @ 9:05 AM
MightyHunter
User since 3/25/06

Snuck out last night, been waiting for a West or Northwest wind and cold temps. Finally got it yesterday evening. It was gorgeous out with the light snow falling.  We Had a ton of does show up after gun season this year and still got a buck tag burning a hole in my pocket.

Worked just how it was suppose to (if you know my bowhunting luck, it never works that way), 408 she came into 15 yards and smoked her with a double lung shot. Ran 100 yards and toppled over. 

Brother brought my three year old son out to help find and boy did he have a blast. I showed him the first blood and he was off. Used his own flashlight and followed it right to the deer. It was pretty cool and he was jacked to be out there helping dad!

Still gonna try for a buck!

12/20/18 @ 10:39 AM
Bowhunting Guy
User since 5/22/18

Great buck, Catfish!

12/19/18 @ 1:39 PM
CatfishHunter47
CatfishHunter47
User since 1/16/07

Late post, I was fortunate to fill my tag in the last 15 minutes of my last day off back on November 11th.  I had a close encounter with him the previous week that he took the W on.  The wind did not help him this time.

Tried a DIY euro for the time as well as tanned the hide.

I was about to get down and get an early start on a long drive home and got lucky.  Lesson learned, every minute in the stand counts even when deer activity is non-existent.

11/26/18 @ 2:40 AM
Scott2
Scott2
User since 7/7/01

Very late report, but I took this buck on 10/28. Shot him while he was chasing a doe hard. I had to yell at him to stop him. 

11/11/18 @ 1:46 PM
alcrumpler
User since 7/19/09

Late report got this guy Friday came in to the extinguisher an can call 15 yrds fallowed by another 8 an yearling.

11/11/18 @ 5:17 AM
OB.3
User since 1/6/13

Two years and 17 sits later and this duck hunter finally sealed the deal on a deer! He was crusing and seen him out in front about half hr into sit at 60-70 yards.  30-45 later he came from inback of me and didn’t see him till he was with in 15 yards.. thought I was busted twice but he only would look at me for a second or two and must have figured I wasn’t a threat. Finally was able to shoot when he was 35 quartering away. Double lung and a 70 yard death run... still shaking! Awesome feeling, few more ducks might be making the flight south going forward! 

11/10/18 @ 6:43 PM
dodger
dodger
User since 9/3/01

Great job Collin !  Nice buck.

11/10/18 @ 11:31 AM
the Jimmer
the Jimmer
User since 1/11/05

Sorry for the double post. Phone is acting up. 

11/10/18 @ 11:29 AM
the Jimmer
the Jimmer
User since 1/11/05

Got this girl at 4:30 last night, winds west at 18 and real feel of 8 degrees. Woof. Was glad to get out of the stand. 

Freezer is stocked now, 1 buck and 1 doe. It’s gonna have to be a nice one to pull the trigger in the rifle season. 

Nice deer everybody. Congratulations. 

11/10/18 @ 11:25 AM
the Jimmer
the Jimmer
User since 1/11/05

Got this girl at 4:30 last night, winds west at 18 and real feel of 8 degrees. Woof. Was glad to get out of the stand. 

Freezer is stocked now, 1 buck and 1 doe. It’s gonna have to be a nice one to pull the trigger in the rifle season. 

Nice deer everybody. Congratulations. 

11/9/18 @ 11:58 AM
the_dude
the_dude
User since 1/10/03

That’s a booner, kv!

Displaying 46 to 60 of 209 posts

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fish seduced by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE