SEARCH
MORE
Upland/Small Game

Dove Hunting

8/18/14 @ 12:38 PM
INITIAL POST
aschenck
User since 8/18/14
Hey Everyone, I was just wondering if any of you have any information on the activity of the dove fields/public hunting land within an hour and a half of Madison. I am a UW Madison student and absolutely love dove hunting, but due to being a student I don't have much time for scouting. Thought I could help save some time by only checking out the fields that have been reported to have doves. Any info on fields you've had success at would be very much appreciated. Thanks!
Displaying 31 to 45 of 61 posts
8/31/15 @ 11:38 AM
CrazyOutdoorsman
CrazyOutdoorsman
User since 8/4/11
I'll be heading out for the evening hunt, gotta go to school first...
8/31/15 @ 8:48 AM
DuckSlayin88
User since 9/13/11
Anyone getting out tomorrow? Ive seen a lot of birds within the last few days
8/24/15 @ 3:20 PM
Rempump
User since 5/8/03
Lovestohuntfish- What part of the state are you hunting in?
8/21/15 @ 10:10 PM
lovestofishnhunt
PRO MEMBER User since 6/13/06
I checked all my DNR locations and there are sunflowers planted at all the spots where I hunt.
8/21/15 @ 9:25 AM
DuckSlayin88
User since 9/13/11
Anyone getting excited? Less than 2 weeks. Im starting to see more birds around. Hoping for a better year than last. What you guys seeing?
8/7/15 @ 12:24 PM
Birdyboy
Birdyboy
User since 8/24/07
Doves are everywhere in North Central Illinois where we hunt. Heard from the farm that they also have a ton. Should be good. Last two years we limited out a couple of times. My son limited in under an hour! Hope for the same in September.
7/8/15 @ 2:38 PM
Rempump
User since 5/8/03
I checked several areas that were DNR planted Sun flower fields last year. So far none of them have been replanted in sun flowers. They have been turned into bean or corn fields. Anyone else seeing this?
7/7/15 @ 11:49 AM
DuckSlayin88
User since 9/13/11
I agree river_chaser. This past year was pretty brutal for us, so Im hoping for a good bounce back year and so far so good.
7/2/15 @ 6:40 PM
river_chaser
User since 10/3/12
Seeing many doves this year. Looks like good hunting from here.
10/22/14 @ 11:14 AM
bigfish35
bigfish35
User since 3/29/13
Hunted a cut cornfield Sunday morning in SE Wisconsin and got 8 doves
10/22/14 @ 9:21 AM
DuckSlayin88
User since 9/13/11
Dove hunting has picked up for me lately and the size of the birds seems to be better too. You guys ever notice that? Evenings have actually worked out better than expected. Will keep posting.
10/5/14 @ 12:10 PM
bigfish35
bigfish35
User since 3/29/13
Was doing some scouting today in SE Wisconsin and I found the doves today. Scouted a one acre patch of woods with openings here and there and spooked doves out of every opening. Some of the doves were probably the same but one opening was holding about 40. I am still waiting for my weapons discharge permit which is pending for where I am hunting but when I get it I will report back on how I do
10/4/14 @ 12:40 AM
ThreeFiftySeven
ThreeFiftySeven
User since 3/14/03
So far this season, a buddy has put me on a sunflower field that started out strong (mature flowers and tucked back off the roads), however, as the pressure grew by word of mouth...it's slowed waaay down! Now, I'm hunting near cut corn and a few big dead Oaks that have been holding doves consistently...land is in Walworth co. and surrounded by 3 farms (1 w/soy bean and 2 cattle farms w/cut corn. Just enough to keep me busy. They're feeding on the cow crap...semi - digested leftovers anyway. The #'s are scattered and they seem to be holding in tight groups on certain properties. -What are the odds?! Lol They're feeling the pressure...
9/26/14 @ 8:43 AM
Fish_Craft
Fish_Craft
User since 3/21/12
I have not saw the numbers lately either, had a few working the public land I hunt but now it is quite dead. Does anyone else hunt around the Fox Valley (Appleton Area)? Does it seem to be dead everywhere? Crying
9/19/14 @ 10:34 AM
Rempump
User since 5/8/03
How has the hunting been? I have been unable to get but still getting some scouting in while on sales calls. Seeing birds one day and then the next they seem to be gone. Still not seeing the numbers of birds I have in the past. I am hoping a few are coming down from the north or they start moving around a bit more.
Displaying 31 to 45 of 61 posts

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fishing equipped by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE