MORE
Pike Fishing

Best and Worst Pike lures

4/2/11 @ 10:50 PM
INITIAL POST
n.pike
n.pike
User since 4/2/02
Let's talk pike lures. What do you do well on? What do you feel is over-rated?

Displaying 31 to 45 of 101 posts
2/13/14 @ 8:20 AM
Nathan Fischerman
User since 11/4/13
large spinnerbaits work well for me buzzed along the surface during the last half hour of daylight in about 3-6 feet of weedy water. I use spoons to but they get hung up more and for some reason tend to catch me more smaller size pike than big ones. Remember to always use wire leaders!
11/19/13 @ 1:55 PM
AChotrod
User since 9/8/13
I fish Northern Wisconsin and the pike and muskie love 3/4oz silver and blue Little Cleos casted or trolled. Heck even the smaller Cleos work. It is a chain of lakes and has very clear deep lakes and brown stained lakes you cant see down but a few feet. Doesnt matter the Cleos work. Here in IL I cant get them to even look at a spoon. Plastic swim baits and gold spinners or buck tails with perch color skirts work good in the stained water I fish.
11/9/13 @ 10:52 PM
crappiekiller95
crappiekiller95
User since 12/21/11
red and white devil and a good old dirty white boy spoon only thing I use when go to canada and catch fish every time and around Wisconsin
11/7/13 @ 7:52 PM
river-rat
User since 1/3/13
I've had the best luck on a Johnson Silver Minnow with a mister twister tail. Hard to beat them on weedy lakes! IMO
11/1/13 @ 11:26 AM
Badgerloader
User since 4/10/11
worst lure: a cream or jelly filled donut
10/29/13 @ 6:22 PM
mkefisherman
mkefisherman
User since 1/14/13
Fluuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuke
3/4/13 @ 1:02 PM
fishfinder101
fishfinder101
User since 1/1/10
this is my favorite lure! Guarantee to catch something lol
3/3/13 @ 7:57 PM
irishmikey43
User since 3/11/07
LUCKY 13 RED /WHITE OR A DAREDEVEL A YELLOW TWISTER TAIL A LARGE GOLD AND BLACK RAP HAVE FUN Smile Smile
1/29/13 @ 7:10 PM
SlimeTime
User since 3/26/10
LOL! IMO......IMO!
1/25/13 @ 11:44 PM
Bluegill's Nightmare
User since 1/1/03
You may think spoons are overrated, but there's a reason they are so productive for Pike. My favorite lure would be the big Lindy Gator Spoon in the Citrus Chub or Crimson Shad color. Very hard to find these days, as Lindy no longer makes them. These spoons have a wobble like no other, and when pumped so that they fall back towards the pike during follows, always trigger strikes. Worst lure: anything with a sports team painted on it!
11/5/12 @ 1:08 PM
SlimeTime
User since 3/26/10
Hey sorry forgot to mention another nice pike lure is an oversized chatterbait. Imo, the more gaudy(neon yellow firetiger) color the better.
11/5/12 @ 12:47 PM
BugleTrout
BugleTrout
User since 9/27/01
Open water - #5 Mepps Red/White Aglia with the red sheath on the shank of the treble hook. Ice Fishing - Dead smelt (previously frozen and thawed a couple of times) hanging just under the ice on a tip up. Unfortunately, you can only do that now in Lake Michigan Harbors and Green Bay.
11/3/12 @ 9:26 AM
fishfinder101
fishfinder101
User since 1/1/10
tandam spinner baits, booyah frogs, my favorite is a mepps musky killer, orange/black. jerk baits. Imo the larger baits seem to catch larger fish. that being said ive caught plenty of pike the size of my bait as well. not real sure what worst bait would be, i've also gotten away from using spoons as much as i used to. So i would say the worst baits are the ones i failed to mention.
10/29/12 @ 4:46 PM
SlimeTime
User since 3/26/10
Tandem Spinners(brown and yellow) are a friggin pike magnet. Smaller twitchers in firetiger, blue/silver, or black/gold put em' in the net. Imo, and over-rated are the' almighty spoons. Their are other options other than spoons, folks. Wink
10/20/12 @ 2:32 PM
Big Hitter
Big Hitter
User since 3/11/12
Firetiger Spoons work great for casting and trolling. 5 of Diamonds Spoons work good too. Perch pattern Rapalas have worked really well for me too. In the fall, I troll shallow water with floating and husky jerk models. In the summer, I troll the outside edge of th weedline with shad raps.
Displaying 31 to 45 of 101 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fish seduced by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE