MORE
Pike Fishing

Best and Worst Pike lures

4/2/11 @ 10:50 PM
INITIAL POST
n.pike
n.pike
User since 4/2/02
Let's talk pike lures. What do you do well on? What do you feel is over-rated?

Displaying 16 to 30 of 101 posts
3/24/15 @ 1:04 PM
svitreum
svitreum
User since 8/29/06
8" bluegill on a circle hook.
3/8/15 @ 9:23 PM
vegas492
antler junkie
User since 8/17/05
The Bucher tail 500 mini in clown color is my favorite for N.Pike in Canada.
3/8/15 @ 1:43 PM
fishfillet
User since 1/8/13
my go to lures are mepps 4 or 5 with hair or the mepps giant killer. also 5 of diamonds dare devil. (yellow with orange diamonds)
3/1/15 @ 6:20 PM
The Huntress
User since 4/30/14
Iv'e found the dressed #5 mepps spinners good for pike & bass also....even perch will go after them. Some musky articles Ive read reccomend them for finesse presentations; cold water ect. The northers in N. Mn. also like standard bass spinnerbaits. (the safety pin style)
10/4/14 @ 1:41 AM
Lectrotech
Lectrotech
User since 11/19/09
Years back we were fishing on Rainy Lake in Canada. Having a great time with the Smallies. Out of the corner of my eye I was watching a Chipmunk, he was eyeing an acorn at the end of a log that jutted out into the water. Eventually he made a dash for the acorn, as he picked up his prize a Northern of about 36 inches burst from the water and took the little chippy down. A few minutes later the Northern very carefully arose and placed the acorn back on the end of the log.
9/28/14 @ 4:26 PM
Fresh Air
User since 1/21/12
I'd have to say Mepps cyclops has been my go to lure for some time. Fire tiger pattern or orange and green preferably with a silver back versus gold. Also tough to beat is soaking a golden with a big red and white bobber. Nice to sit back after throwing a lure for hours on end.
9/26/14 @ 12:06 AM
ultramicro
User since 6/17/11
#5 Mepps dressed Aglia spinners have caught a lot of pike for me this season. Really big lures seem to be overrated for pike, they seem to like lures that are sized more for bass... Speechless When I used the Mepps Musky Killer spinner, even though it had the #5 Aglia blade, most pike would ignore it, but not the more aggressive largemouths! I had to switch to #5 Mepps dressed Aglia spinners with smaller tails to start catching pike again... Smile
7/25/14 @ 5:15 PM
david639
User since 3/7/11
I use the same setup for Pike I use for Walleye, a twisty tail grub on a 1/4oz. jighead with a 4in. grub instead of the 3in. used for Walleyes.
7/11/14 @ 6:00 PM
livinthedream
User since 3/10/11
Fall time, Phantom soft tails Summer time, any large crank to get you down to the thermocline spring, X raps, spinnerbaits, #5 mepps.
5/22/14 @ 7:20 PM
allen_550
User since 7/10/11
1/4oz zip
5/18/14 @ 9:49 AM
centralwiwalleyeslayer2
User since 2/15/10
tandem bass spinner in bluegill color they eat them up like candy
5/11/14 @ 9:27 PM
fishinfool1
User since 3/14/10
Red and white Daredevil
5/10/14 @ 4:50 PM
Mike Nitro
Mike Nitro
User since 4/3/14
Best Pike Lure......White Spinnerbait worked over weeds. Worst Pike Lure.....Rubber Eel lure tipped with the end of a hotdog.
5/5/14 @ 12:30 AM
Torrent1
User since 4/25/14
Best for me... anything I'm not using to target pike! Worst is anything I am using to target the green meanys! Side note. I was using a clown x rap Saturday for bass and hooked into a BIG pike after I floated a sucker for 3 hours targeting pike! Oh yea lost that big pike too!
5/4/14 @ 1:36 AM
Lectrotech
Lectrotech
User since 11/19/09
Anything that flashes, darts, bubbles, cries for momma, or is in some sort of distress.
Displaying 16 to 30 of 101 posts

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fish seduced by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE