SEARCH
MORE
General Discussion

Drones

5/28/14 @ 1:12 AM
INITIAL POST
Jackbass
User since 1/29/02
Anyone flying one? Certainly provides a different perspective...
Displaying 30 to 44 of 109 posts
5/31/16 @ 11:31 AM
nihsif
nihsif
PRO MEMBER User since 6/15/01

lol Chemist!

Manni, scouting has always been part of a successful hut... taking advantage of new technology ( fishfinders for example ) might take some getting use to I guess, haha

5/31/16 @ 10:32 AM
Chemist
Chemist
PRO MEMBER User since 6/17/01

What will a fisherman do when a drone flies over and records them catching fish? 

I'd bet they won't be happy?

5/31/16 @ 10:12 AM
'da Coach
User since 12/23/08

"Oops! That page can’t be found

"It looks like nothing was found at this location. Maybe try one of the links below or a search?"

5/28/16 @ 10:00 AM
swamp people
swamp people
User since 5/14/12

I bought one mainly for the fun of flying but I did record my hunting land from above pretty cool when I got to the bedding areas, got some turkeys on roost and im trying to locate coyote's with it.  I haven't used it to spy on any one.  Im not a nosey person dont care what my neighbors doing.  Also had a good time flying it while ice fishing.  Had a blast

5/27/16 @ 8:07 AM
Dave (Golden)
Dave (Golden)
PRO MEMBER User since 6/22/01

Bang

10/8/15 @ 9:26 AM
Dave (Golden)
Dave (Golden)
I want one... Better than the 12 gauge with "Dead Coyote" T shot.. The 'death ray' that can knock out drones from up to a mile away using radio waves http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-3264166/The-drone-death-ray-knock-UAVs-mile-away-using-radio-waves.html
10/7/15 @ 10:16 AM
lvtofish
User since 2/2/05
my preference would to ban drones all together. I think the risks (invasion of privacy, abuse by law enforcement, arming of drones, clutter in the sky) outweighs the benefits.
10/7/15 @ 9:15 AM
Dave (Golden)
Dave (Golden)
Ascension Parish resident shoots down neighbor’s drone, says wife felt like it was watching her http://theadvocate.com/news/13641316-172/ascension-parish-resident-shoots-down
8/3/15 @ 8:32 PM
Brent Hess
Brent Hess
PRO MEMBER User since 12/18/07
X2 - Very cool!
8/3/15 @ 3:16 PM
Robbollio
Robbollio
User since 10/17/04
I want...
8/3/15 @ 1:42 PM
Prop
Prop
User since 4/9/03
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iMfTHHLbj5g One of these would be great to film those great days on the water. Flight time needs to improve lot though.
8/3/15 @ 12:07 PM
big ken
User since 6/3/06
I saw on CNN online that a guy in Tennessee shot down a drone that was hovering over his backyard while his daughters were there. He was charged, in part I believe for threatening 4 people who came to his house afterwards. I haven't heard of this happening for a while. It will be interesting to see how this plays out. Two airliners had drones flying close to them on approach in New York last week. Like many other things, they can have a positive use or can be used as well for evil. The report on the airlines said a drone could be constructed on 3D printer out of explosives. I am interested to see how policies changes as drones become more ubiquitous. Public policies often lag several years behind technology, so this would be a window on how drones could be used. The current FAA rules don't seem to match how some of the concerns.
3/9/15 @ 12:57 PM
nihsif
nihsif
PRO MEMBER User since 6/15/01
Manni, if you weren't trying to pee on Lake-Link by pointing out it was an ad on L-L, I apologize Saw a fishing show recently where they did a "behind the scenes" segment on filming Alumacraft boats to make teir catalog. Was sorta interesting, and they used drones for a lot of the shots Show was Sportsman's Journal
3/9/15 @ 12:44 PM
Dave (Golden)
Dave (Golden)
I don't see ads on this site, same with many others, if they use blocking software. So they won't know that..
3/9/15 @ 12:34 PM
Dave (Golden)
Dave (Golden)
Tommy, That is an interesting question. I know "most" states already have laws that prohibit there use for hunting/fishing purposed (scouting, locating, and such). I wonder if there is an exception when used in a filming production of the said sport..??
Displaying 30 to 44 of 109 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
percision control by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE