SEARCH
MORE
General Discussion

Drones

5/28/14 @ 1:12 AM
INITIAL POST
Jackbass
User since 1/29/02
Anyone flying one? Certainly provides a different perspective...
Displaying 16 to 30 of 109 posts
6/6/16 @ 3:45 PM
swamp people
swamp people
User since 5/14/12

Im gonna invent a drone that shoots wasp spray so when those dam nests are 2 to 3 stories up I can be a safe distance away . AND coach dont steal my idea. Lol

6/6/16 @ 11:56 AM
BâssÂddîçt ©¸
BâssÂddîçt ©¸
PRO MEMBER User since 6/15/01

Dave,

I just use it to photograph wildlife

is that scouting

6/6/16 @ 11:26 AM
Dave (Golden)
Dave (Golden)
PRO MEMBER User since 6/22/01

FM1997...

Scouting is prohibited.. That was spelled out in an article I am having difficultly finding at the moment. Same is true in Colorado..

6/6/16 @ 11:16 AM
'da Coach
User since 12/23/08

Yes, actually, to newoodhntr's point, Cabela's offers quite a selection of drones and associated accessories: Cabela's: Drones.

I haven't personally looked into them, but clearly, the higher end ones are very capable of some of the most sophistic drone maneuvers imaginable!

6/5/16 @ 9:17 PM
amaranthlost
User since 5/31/10

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/outdoors/drones-pose-special-threat-to-outdoors-ethics-b99185039z1-240381201.html

"Use of drones in hunting or to scout game is prohibited in Wisconsin by administrative code NR 10.07, Van Haren said.

The rule states "no person shall hunt with the aid of an aircraft, including the use of an aircraft to spot, rally or drive wild animals for hunters on the ground." Van Haren said drones meet the definition of an aircraft."

6/5/16 @ 8:40 PM
fishingmaster1997
User since 4/18/12

"It is illegal to:

hunt any animal with the aid of any aircraft, including unmanned aircraft or drones"

When I read the regulations I took that to mean drone are illegal while engaged in an actually hunt.

Does it also apply to pre season scouting?

I've thought about buying a drone to scout deer, would that be illegal?

6/5/16 @ 8:22 PM
newoodhntr
newoodhntr
PRO MEMBER User since 12/11/01

Cabelas sells them  

6/4/16 @ 7:33 PM
swamp people
swamp people
User since 5/14/12

E bay $50.00 to $2000.00.

Get extra batteries most last 10 minutes. They are rechargeable

6/4/16 @ 4:23 PM
nihsif
nihsif

www.amazon.com

here's the desktop version of that link...really dislike sites that automatically push you to their mobile version...

Looks like drones are available at plenty of places!

www.amazon.com

6/4/16 @ 3:55 PM
uplander
uplander
User since 10/6/09

so were does one buy a drone.

6/4/16 @ 1:56 PM
swamp people
swamp people
User since 5/14/12

Neighbor, s son graduation party was today.  I had some fun flying.  Took a bunch of hd.photos for him of it from the air, then I switched to video,  and got close to see everyone there and they all smiled and waved,  but there was don, he Mooned my drone LOL. already gave him the edited SIM card and now he can watch it well into the future. I still dig flying it total fun for this old man.

Edit:here is a still shot of the graduate,  with my drone. 

5/31/16 @ 1:34 PM
swamp people
swamp people
User since 5/14/12
Nihsif. You are correct and thanks. It did not dawn on me as illegal. I could see where its benefits a hunter, however in my case it doesn't.  I already know what where and how on my own 150. Already know where the beds are and the roosts. Also know the trails to the fields,  etc 30 years experience on the same land. Although the coyote's are unpredictable with the ridges and caves. Here is a couple of pics with my night vision drone
Drones photo by swamp people
5/31/16 @ 12:02 PM
nihsif
nihsif

I agree, using the drones to herd the turkeys towards you, or using it to find a deer, etc., are illegal and unethical

but I don't think anything at all like that was described in the original post... not much different than using trail cams to see whats what BEFORE the season as a scouting mechanism

heck, in Alaska, you're not allowed to hunt any spots you flew over for at least 1 day

5/31/16 @ 11:51 AM
Dave (Golden)
Dave (Golden)
PRO MEMBER User since 6/22/01

I believe most states have laws against the use of Drones aiding in Hunts...

Wisconsin

With one major caveat: The activity described in each scenario is illegal in Wisconsin.

State statutes and administrative codes prohibit the use of aircraft to hunt, to harass hunters or to disturb wildlife, said Tom Van Haren, administrative warden for the Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources.

Last week the Colorado Parks & Wildlife Commission adopted specific language that bans the use of drones for hunting or scouting in that state.

5/31/16 @ 11:31 AM
nihsif
nihsif

lol Chemist!

Manni, scouting has always been part of a successful hut... taking advantage of new technology ( fishfinders for example ) might take some getting use to I guess, haha

Displaying 16 to 30 of 109 posts

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fishing fueled by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE