Esox23
User since 10/31/01
 Chicago Cubs.. Where do we start
Displaying 1 to 15 of 11,694 posts
TODAY @ 2:40 PM
chitowncrappieman
chitowncrappieman
PRO MEMBER User since 3/4/06
Well what a new day can bring and so far it's a good thing. Cubs have jumped early and often so far and lead the brewers 4-0 bottom of the fifth Don't want to talk that loud yet for fear of jinxing them but I like what Tallion,our pitcher is doing so far to keep the Brewers hitters at bay.. If and when our bullpen takes over,i hope they don't blow this game too! Go Cubs!!
Chicago Cubs photo by chitowncrappieman
TODAY @ 6:46 AM
kona77
User since 6/20/13
I’d be embarrassed as a fan if it was the other way around.

Yep,there are folks trying to stir things up on the thread but it also happens on the other side of the border (especially Packer thread). I can appreciate good nature banter between sports fans from opposing teams but some folks just like to take it further. 

Cubs still have the best roster (and proven Mgr) in the division (imo). Unfortunately, it looks like you found a stud pitcher from Japan and Steele is coming back soon. Brewers have been a real pleasant surprise so far..As I mentioned before the season, I am just hoping to see the young guys improve/get better for the future. Just don't think we have enough starting pitching to be a serious contender for the whole year (hope I am wrong). Expect the Cubs to be leading the division when it matters the most in Sept.    

Snake- I disagree about the Bears having to take one against the Packers  .They can take two from the Lions!! 
5/3/24 @ 8:22 PM
Snake1
Snake1
PRO MEMBER User since 1/22/21
I fully respect the Cubs and my friends who love them. I love good sporting events, which Brewers/Cubs is. If you love  game, you love the rivalry. 
Just like Pack/Bears twice a year. Maybe we throw in a playoff game this year too. 
Bears have to take at least one from Lions and Packers.
My Cub friends have to feel good about their team. JMO
5/3/24 @ 7:44 PM
Zmaniac
Zmaniac
PRO MEMBER User since 2/8/06
It will be a long season if the ignorant fans can’t just take the win and be happy. It’s ridiculous how they come out of the woodwork to troll the opposing side. I’d be embarrassed as a fan if it was the other way around. 
5/3/24 @ 7:36 PM
Snake1
Snake1
PRO MEMBER User since 1/22/21
It will be a long season. This series isn’t over yet. 
5/3/24 @ 7:31 PM
Zmaniac
Zmaniac
They gave up 17 in one game. Brewers gave up 15 in 2 of the 3 games against the Yankees. The point is that losing by 2 runs is hardly a waxing   
5/3/24 @ 7:27 PM
jawjerker
jawjerker
User since 1/14/02
Wasn't it the Cubs that lost 17-0??
5/3/24 @ 7:15 PM
Zmaniac
Zmaniac
Did you only watch the game from the 8th inning on?
Up until the meltdown by our reliever, the Brewers had just 3 hits and 8 strikeouts to the Cubs 5 hits and 4 strikeouts. 
5/3/24 @ 6:56 PM
Fishlove
User since 4/6/24
Sorry, but that lineup today had no chance! Lucky to score a run! Who are those guys?
5/3/24 @ 6:56 PM
Zmaniac
Zmaniac
You’re making a lot out of one game. 
In case you’re wondering what a waxing really is. Look back at the games you played against the Yankees. That was a waxing   
5/3/24 @ 6:54 PM
jawjerker
jawjerker
User since 1/14/02
You got beat by the Brewers, you keep talking how great your Chicago teams are. Suck it up buttercup
5/3/24 @ 6:21 PM
Zmaniac
Zmaniac
Losing 3-1 is a waxing? That’s as stupid as the other clowns comment   
5/3/24 @ 6:14 PM
Zmaniac
Zmaniac
Kona…The Cubs definitely have their share. The good news is that most of them could be back in May

https://www.espn.com/mlb/team/injuries/_/name/chc/chicago-cubs​​​
5/3/24 @ 6:12 PM
jawjerker
jawjerker
User since 1/14/02
You guys talk like your the best but you got waxed by the Brewers,
5/3/24 @ 6:08 PM
kona77
User since 6/20/13
Z-  Have not seen any stats to confirm but it sure seems like injuries are up this year. Both the Cubs and Brewers are missing numerous key guys but I saw there are several teams with even more guys on the IL right now. Happening to numerous marquee guys (Trout tears up his knee, Strider has Tommy John surgery etc). Believe I read over 40 guys have had TJ surgery alone over the last 12 months. 
Displaying 1 to 15 of 11,694 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
boat towed by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE