SEARCH
MORE
Waterfowl Hunting

2017 Waterfowl Reports

1/1/17 @ 6:31 PM
INITIAL POST
Gander Dander
User since 4/15/09

2017 is here! Post your reports, conditions etc, here. Let us know what's going on!

Displaying 91 to 105 of 307 posts
11/17/17 @ 4:39 PM
freeguideservice
User since 12/4/13

Breal 

i like your style. & you may be right they may be comming back north thinking its spring already!

Cuz according to posts on DU there seeing huge amounts of divers and mallards as far south as Florida now

11/17/17 @ 2:31 PM
breal
breal
User since 10/12/10

Angry? Who's angry? No anger, just some good old-fashioned ribbing and sarcasm.

And for some,,? Who wish they had the mint flavored shoe polish? 

Far as the migration then. Freeguideser, maybe they are on the way back north already? Because now the ducks and geese are around. Lol.

11/17/17 @ 1:45 PM
freeguideservice
User since 12/4/13

Mr seaguar

thats a perfect comment !!! Lol

to bad its true

11/17/17 @ 1:35 PM
Mr.Seaguar
PRO MEMBER User since 2/5/05

Duck hunters are such an angry bunch. 

11/17/17 @ 12:49 PM
freeguideservice
User since 12/4/13
Ok, i was wrong. Again. Birds are just starting there migration now.  Went out this am and birds all over!! Hmmmm maybe they really should wait to open season in mid november.  The birds showed up last night I guess....  who new?  Can only get better from here boys! Hang on to your hats and buy extra shells.  The migration is finally starting !
11/17/17 @ 8:59 AM
breal
breal
User since 10/12/10

Freeguideser,.. WHHHAAAT!? Mr. Nigativity himself, will be hunting this late in the season? You know its 30 days past Oct 5. And you witnessed it, AIN'T NO BIRDS AROUND. And to top it off,,....... asking for help?? Dats sum crazy. All the bad reports you got and YOU knowing, gotta be better than 95% of the migration is over. You're just going to be wasting time.??

11/16/17 @ 8:59 PM
Tr carper
Tr carper
User since 6/15/15
No scouting today for me do to one of my kids getting sick. So I'll be going blind tomorrow oh well lol. Got 3 spots in mind one i would do for sure but the wind isnt looking canoe or kayak friendly or the weekend for that matter. So it might be fast morning hunt then put some miles on the truck to find a spot for the weekend.
11/16/17 @ 10:35 AM
92ohbillkilla
User since 9/21/11

trcarper, that was probably me and mu buddy on the river lol. nm out there, buddy dropped a mallard n had put couple shots in it swimming out, along w a buffie he got. between two of us shot maybe 12x ish

11/16/17 @ 9:34 AM
freeguideservice
User since 12/4/13

Jzzzzz

you talking lake michigan ?  Let us know how you do. There were guys ice fishing on big lakes north oh hwy 8 last week

11/16/17 @ 9:02 AM
Jzzzzz
Jzzzzz
User since 1/19/02

headin north tonight cant wait to get out in am most of the bigger lakes should be open and holding birds, we'll see, run it through the northern close then heading to a large lake that i know has several thousand ducks on it.

goodluck all! and be safe in these cold icey temps.

11/15/17 @ 11:13 PM
1fowl one
1fowl one
User since 12/9/10

Huh? Still a good amount of mallards bouncing around. (SE WI). Couple different spots @ 20miles apart holding birds. Definitely spread wise, they work the h#ll out of it before floating in. Yup, can't wait for some fresh birds to move down. Public water hunt yesterday morn before work. 4-greens. 

Busted @200 mallards and a handful of gwt off a spot this afternoon to set up. Mallards trickled back In perfect 3"s and 4's at a time. No teal returned? As picking up slowly and watching the sunset, @5 o' seen geese and mallards dumping in a field.

11/15/17 @ 9:30 PM
Tr carper
Tr carper
User since 6/15/15

I didnt make it out after work to scout like planned for a friday hunt. But when i was getting ready for work and going out to my truck there was a lot shooting on the river behind my house. So I atleast have a back up plan if i cant anything better tomorrow.

11/15/17 @ 7:56 PM
grizwald
grizwald
User since 2/6/09

Scouted around the county today after work. Good numbers of geese. Seen few mallard and some divers. Good bet that only few locals remain. Zero to no migration around. Winter on the way and the season on its way out. Been a great season. Sure ill get on a few more goose hunts though.

11/15/17 @ 7:22 PM
freeguideservice
User since 12/4/13

Scouted se wi today pretty good.  4 lakes only found grebes and a few mallards. Big marsh just a few mallards in refuge.  Only birds of numbers were geese in a park.  Seen 8 mallards all afternoon total .  Anyone have any ideas? Maybe i just suck at seeing.  Would like to go somplace tomorrow and at least get 1 bird 

11/15/17 @ 4:47 PM
recker44
User since 12/8/09
Man I am stuck at work but I cannot help but think the river is probably pretty good today. Overcast with a nice wind and a bite to the weather. Well maybe next week I can get out. 
Displaying 91 to 105 of 307 posts

HUMMINBIRD - Humminbird MEGA Live Imaging
Humminbird MEGA Live Imaging
It's showtime. We've expanded the performance of our MEGA Imaging®? technology with the introduction of MEGA Live Imaging™?. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - Humminbird MEGA Live Imaging Advertisement

MINN KOTA - UPGRADED Ulterra and Terrova
UPGRADED Ulterra and Terrova
The Ulterra® and Terrova® are newly upgraded to keep you at the top of your game and always in the thick of it. More maneuvers. More capabilities. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - UPGRADED Ulterra and Terrova Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
percision control by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE