MORE
Turkey Hunting

2017 Bird Reports

4/18/17 @ 4:23 PM
INITIAL POST
Vermeeson
Vermeeson
User since 1/22/02

Congrats to all involved in the youth hunt. Let's start with Period A and follow the season with Hunting reports, conditions, pics of birds killed. Good luck to everyone!

Displaying 61 to 74 of 74 posts
4/22/17 @ 9:51 AM
badgerfowl1
User since 10/1/12

6:40am this morning. 9.5" beard. 1 1/8" spurs. Gobbled all morning and finally came across a big field all the way in. Only one I saw.

4/21/17 @ 4:34 PM
Granpa
User since 2/4/05

Got lucky this year and captured my bird on my trail camera. I have a blind on a strut area on a road in the woods and always place a trail camera to keep track of activity. He was with hens when he flew down and I had to work pretty hard to get him to come but another tom came to where he was displaying for the hens and he must have figured rather than get into a fight, he would come and check me out.

4/21/17 @ 8:29 AM
browning3
browning3
User since 5/23/02

6am this morning on public. 2 toms came in quiet without any hens. 

2017 Bird Reports photo by browning3
4/20/17 @ 9:38 PM
Rocky2
User since 4/8/13

Shot a decent one last night, without making a call. Got out in the woods after work and set up in a stand of woods they have been roosting in. After decoys and ground blind were in place, I discovered I was a knucklehead and forgot my call. Decided to wait out the last few hours and see if I could get lucky and have one walk my way and see the decoys. Lucky enough, that happened about 7:25 pm when I heard some leaves rustling behind me. He started in towards the jake decoy, but stopped and got bit nervous. He hopped up on a log, stuck his neck up, and that was my season. Nice bird 24 lbs. I guess sometimes it's just being in the right place.

4/20/17 @ 11:00 AM
One shot one kill
User since 8/12/02

Quiet in Waushara  Co . Only heard two gobbles from 3 different spots so far . 

Drying off now and a nap then back out .

4/20/17 @ 10:54 AM
fishdaily
fishdaily
User since 4/3/03

I got really lucky last night. Got home from work. Walked the dogs a bit and was going into the house. All the sudden I heard a gobble!! Grabbed my gun, camo, and decoys. Went outback and out deeks on Utv trail and called. They responded from just over the neighbors hill. I scurried to the nearest little clump of trees. 2 minutes later 2 Tom's came. The one I shot was beating the snot out of my breading pair deek. The other Tom wouldn't cross the fence he was bigger but I didn't want to upset the neighbor. I love turkey hunting! First double beard I ever got! 

2017 Bird Reports photo by fishdaily
4/20/17 @ 9:47 AM
Twig "SNAP"
User since 2/13/11

Waupaca co. Quiet was the word here. Only a few gobbles herd through out the day but this guy interupted my book reading at 2 pm which I was glad to stop as the story sucked. Called him in from a long way through the swamp, putting on quite a show gobbling and strutting all the way. What a pretty bird.

4/20/17 @ 7:32 AM
lakeshiner
lakeshiner
User since 7/20/09

I shot a tom in zone 3 yesterday.  22lbs and a 9.5" beard.  I got up early to get to the spot because it was public land and not that big of an area, so I was there at 3:30 in the parking lot.  Sat in the truck until 5 and then walked in.  I just listened and once I heard gobbling I moved in on them.  No blind, packed light so I could move easily. 

I thought the numbers in my area were down the past few years, but this year seemed like its back on the upswing.  Quite a few more birds around.

Here is my 'in the field' picture.

4/19/17 @ 10:49 AM
Jesse Quale
Jesse Quale
User since 1/25/09

"Gobbler down!"

23lbs 1" spurs 10" beard.

Public land zone 1 juneau county

A lot of birds gobbling today. 

Anyone looking to book a hunt, I still have availability in the second,fourth and fifth seasons.

2017 Bird Reports photo by greenwaterwalleye
Displaying 61 to 74 of 74 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
percision control by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE