MORE
Ice Fishing

Augers

10/10/23 @ 3:34 PM
INITIAL POST
n.pike
n.pike
User since 4/2/02

Eskimo under 14 pounds with their new model. Very tempting. Thought my Ion at 22 or 23 pounds was light. 

What auger do you have or want these days? 

Displaying 16 to 30 of 78 posts
2/4/24 @ 9:41 AM
huntfish
User since 6/16/03
Strikemaster 40v 8 inch auger bought on sale review. 10 inches good ice and about 40 holes yesterday upnorth in 40 degree weather. Cut holes very nicely without effort. My kids could easily use this. Ran most of the battery out, and quit using as it would catch before going through bottom ice, darn near ripping my arm off. A little disappointed in number of holes before battery died in such nice weather. I was expecting to do 60 holes minimum, per advertising of 100 holes.  I used the gas jiffy for 20 more holes, and loved the raw power. My concern is battery life in very cold weather. Second battery would be mandatory, especially with 2 feet+ ice. Reverse function is definitely needed as it wouldn't pull up at times. Overall, nice auger with good cutting power and less weight.
1/31/24 @ 10:30 PM
n.pike
n.pike
User since 4/2/02
Drilled about 25 holes today with my Eskimo E40. 11 inches of ice.
There is absolutely nothing not to like about this auger. 
Light. Dependable. Cuts fast and easy. Reverse feature. 
Love using this machine. 
1/31/24 @ 3:34 PM
IceFishBaby
User since 11/26/01
I was happy paying $449.99 for my 40V, crazy they are down so low.  Wish batteries came down in price because I would like a second one for comfort.
1/31/24 @ 2:48 PM
Junkie4Ice
Junkie4Ice
User since 12/19/11
https://www.scheels.com/p/strikemaster-lithium-40v-ice-auger/04325312209.html?gad_source=1&gclid=CjwKCAiA_OetBhAtEiwAPTeQZ0byJVEXx9-o-W2rlMdXGoER-5KHfp4upF1Xxi8_Im1HSoVlFkQjnhoC_RoQAvD_BwE&src=hardlines

Quite the discount on the Strikemaster 40v right now, not the lite version though. If the E40 starts being discounted that much I might pull the trigger and keep the kdrill as a backup. It's small enough I can keep it under my backseat just in case. I need absolutely nothing for ice fishing, and already have backups for all my equipment, but you just can't pass up deals when they come up!
1/31/24 @ 12:33 PM
IceFishBaby
User since 11/26/01
Finally got the new 40V 8 inch strikemaster some work.  About 11 inches of ice, one battery, probably 50 holes with no issues.  Overall happy with my choice.
1/26/24 @ 1:22 AM
Bemidji-Bergquist
Bemidji-Bergquist
User since 3/23/20
Gman I could not agree more about the e40 I finally got to use it also for the first time on some good ice and I can say I will probably never use my gas anger again. This anger cuts so smooth and plenty of power and it never got hung up like my gas augers where you lift it cause the auger stops or shakes to break through the last inch of ice. I said I would never give up on my gas auger and go electric. 
1/24/24 @ 1:47 PM
Gman762
Gman762
User since 1/10/21
Ordered a Universal Drill adapter w/handle after seeing one in action. I have the drill, 4 batteries and the 5"/6"/7" augers. So, I may as well use them.
Augers photo by Gman762
1/22/24 @ 4:12 PM
Gman762
Gman762
User since 1/10/21
Finally had a chance to deflower the 8" Eskimo 40V Composite. This thing is an ice-chewing monster. Drilled 20-25 holes through 10 inches of very solid ice and it never skipped a beat. Easy to reverse it and motor the shavings back down the hole. Never came remotely close to sticking the blades as it cut through the bottom of the ice. Best auger that I have ever used, bar none.
Augers photo by Gman762
1/11/24 @ 12:57 PM
Junkie4Ice
Junkie4Ice
User since 12/19/11
Benefits of a short ice season!
1/11/24 @ 11:58 AM
Zmaniac
Zmaniac
PRO MEMBER User since 2/8/06
There’s inventory reduction sales for all the augers sold under the Ardisam brand. ​
1/11/24 @ 11:38 AM
Junkie4Ice
Junkie4Ice
User since 12/19/11
Ardisam owns Eskimo/Ion too right? I would assume they're going to discontinue the jiffy line and push the eskimo/Ion line then. Hopefully Ardisam is a quality company now that they essentially own the entire electric auger market.
1/11/24 @ 10:01 AM
Fish Hound
User since 1/29/02
I see "Jiffy" is unloading most of it's inventory. It's either going to be discontinued or they will sell the same yellow ION/Eskimo augers.
1/11/24 @ 7:22 AM
Bemidji-Bergquist
Bemidji-Bergquist
User since 3/23/20
Had the same problem from time to time Or most of the time with my  jiffy rogue the thing is that the 2 springs that you are pushing the battery against are way to heavy duty you have to push the battery down really hard to the point you think somethings gonna break and it will lock  i have also removed the springs which gave the opposite affect getting the battery out was a PIA which is why after 2 years It was a PIA to Remove and replace while fishing to keep the battery warm when not in use . So I bought the eskimo E40 and I would definitely recommend it so I  just use the the rogue as a backup . If you still can't get the battery to lock in call jiffy which is now owned by ardisam. Also it's kinda embarrassing when your out and others are watching you wrestling with the battery to get it to lock.
1/10/24 @ 4:25 PM
Pelican pounder
User since 1/10/24
Has anyone had trouble getting the battery for a jiffy rouge to clip in. I won one last year and just got it out of the box and the battery won't snap in.

12/29/23 @ 6:27 PM
n.pike
n.pike
User since 4/2/02
Yeah. Will be interesting to see how much ice it cuts  before it slows down. Time will tell. 
That’s a good point about some sales. I think you will see some deals maybe even pretty soon here…
Displaying 16 to 30 of 78 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fishing equipped by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE