SEARCH
MORE
General Outdoor Discussion

Trapping seasons coming-Lets TALK!!!!

7/26/02 @ 7:39 PM
INITIAL POST
a1trapper
User since 7/6/01
Any trappers out there who wish to exchange info? Would like to contact Brian Potter, A member of the Minn. Trappers Assn. I have a super receipt for a coon/fox bait. Lets talk. Trapper

Displaying 61 to 75 of 2,166 posts
9/15/16 @ 8:35 PM
Alex the dog
User since 12/27/01

Well looked over some new gear tonight that I picked up at Marshfield last week.   Getting excited to be back out there chasing yotes, sloshing thru water to feed beds and catching a few late season coon

Anyone else getting ready?

Alex

4/11/16 @ 5:36 AM
Alex the dog
User since 12/27/01
Fellow trappers and outdoorsmen in general, please attend tonight's public input meetings and vote no to question #24 on a common dry land opening date. This cuts 2 weeks out of the trapping season which hurts all sportsman by lowering the harvest of coon, fox, coyotes, skunks and possum. Those extra critters will still be eating all winter and spring so bye, bye more deer, waterfowl in spring and game birds. IMO it was a bad proposal to start with and needs to be defeated. Wisconsin Trappers Association agrees and voted not to support this change. Thank you for reading this. Alex
3/31/16 @ 10:07 AM
part-timer
part-timer
User since 1/22/05
well I took my girls with me to pull my 6 sets I had in the area. knowing I still had to old hag to get out for the farmer, but was running out for time to check this week. well she didn't disappoint. the girls were more that happy help and carried across three creeks and a river. well my shoulders weren't. man was I tired and sore the next day. she weights 61#s after drying out. they wanted to talk a pic on the hut as they were queens of the hut now. with the season ending today I want to thank you all for the help through the year and for reading. happy off season and soakem BBusser
Trapping seasons coming-Lets TALK!!!! photo by part-timer
3/28/16 @ 6:44 AM
LUVtheOTDRS
LUVtheOTDRS
User since 11/15/06
Nice work nabbing that bad boy part-timer! Love your pics man, very cool. I finally snagged my otter in a castor mound set on Saturday! We ended up pulling on Saturday. We had 26 sets out for exactly 14 days. Ended up with 23 beaver, 23 rats, and an otter. I had my biggest beaver to date aslo (a legit 60 pounder, previous best was 52)
Trapping seasons coming-Lets TALK!!!! photo by LUVtheOTDRS
3/23/16 @ 11:41 AM
part-timer
part-timer
User since 1/22/05
well the last three days have been busy. got a double on sun. and got my trap back from a high maintenance beaver, wanting a necklace to match the bracelet
Trapping seasons coming-Lets TALK!!!! photo by part-timer
3/17/16 @ 9:59 AM
part-timer
part-timer
User since 1/22/05
Got this hog last Monday and had another break cable. still have a few to get out of the area that im in. hope this water retreats, because everything is 3 to 5 ft under water right now.
3/16/16 @ 7:30 AM
LUVtheOTDRS
LUVtheOTDRS
User since 11/15/06
Well the ice season ended rather abruptly! Dove right into the spring season as a result. Set on Sunday. Picked up 7 beaver in my first check of 26 sets out yesterday. Not too shabby!! Still haven't connected with a stinkin otter though...
2/25/16 @ 12:40 PM
part-timer
part-timer
User since 1/22/05
i have had it with otter. I cant trap some areas with beaver because of the fear of trapping an otter. I have missed a few beaver in the last couple of days, but rats are still working out for me. only one trap out for them and am 1 for 1. hard not to set or carry a 110 with. but soon season will be close. maybe get lucky and get a mink before than. river beaver kicking my butt. don't seem to want to pattern nice for me.
2/25/16 @ 7:42 AM
LUVtheOTDRS
LUVtheOTDRS
User since 11/15/06
I've got about 2 dozen beaver through the ice so far. Still getting eluded by the Almighty Otter! In good time...
2/19/16 @ 1:47 PM
part-timer
part-timer
User since 1/22/05
I have half dozen beaver traps hitting the water this weekend.
2/16/16 @ 10:50 AM
LUVtheOTDRS
LUVtheOTDRS
User since 11/15/06
Anybody else got any steel out yet? And yes, I know prices are low, so save the "why would you bother, junk prices, etc." lectures please.
1/15/16 @ 2:31 PM
part-timer
part-timer
User since 1/22/05
coon top 5 @ 8.00 put up 5 @4.00 green avg 4.3125 deer hide 5 top rat top 4.00 green beaver 3.00 put up (little guy) opossum 1.00 put up yote top 22.00 avg 15.25 coon kicked my butt, but I knew it going in. good season now to see what my big lot of rats, mink and otter do at Auction. soakem BBusser
1/9/16 @ 8:41 PM
garro
User since 9/8/01
Hunter&Hound can you freeze your rats after there put up ?
1/9/16 @ 9:11 AM
Hunter&Hound
User since 7/24/01
Jesse, What was the average on rats? I'm assuming they were put up. Also, any idea on what good, big, put up beaver were going for? No offense to anyone that's sold, but these prices are terrible. I have a large # of rats put up and I'm starting to clean the beavers out of the freezers. Rats might go back in the freezer but I have to dump the beavers when I finish putting them up.
1/8/16 @ 8:25 PM
Jesse Quale
Jesse Quale
User since 1/25/09
Top rats went for $3.50 today Coon $2.00 top was $6.00 Female fisher Top Was $35.00 Big beaver rough skinned $11.00 tops Small $4.00 Deer hides Tops $4.00 Mink stretched $9.00 tops Sold to Groenewold fur today in dells 1/8/16 Sad Sad
Displaying 61 to 75 of 2,166 posts

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fishing equipped by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE