SEARCH
MORE
General Outdoor Discussion

Trapping seasons coming-Lets TALK!!!!

7/26/02 @ 7:39 PM
INITIAL POST
a1trapper
User since 7/6/01
Any trappers out there who wish to exchange info? Would like to contact Brian Potter, A member of the Minn. Trappers Assn. I have a super receipt for a coon/fox bait. Lets talk. Trapper

Displaying 46 to 60 of 2,166 posts
9/18/17 @ 2:54 PM
part-timer
part-timer
User since 1/22/05

So pulled a fisher tag, but want to wait tell colder weather.  What are your favorite cold weather sets or baits.  I know where I am going, they see them on the bear bait all the time.  Ideas and or thoughts.  

9/4/17 @ 10:38 AM
A5¢
A5¢
PRO MEMBER User since 6/15/09

Tis the season to get ready, fa la la la la, la la la! Its time for the Wisconsin Trapper's Association Annual Fall Rendezvous in Marshfield WI this weekend, September 8th and 9th. Tailgaters can set up after noon on Thursday. As usual, there will be demo's all day long, vendors from Wisconsin and several other states, raffles, drawings, games and of course, old friends and new friends you have even met yet!

So stop in, stock up on what you need, and what you want, for the upcoming trapping season. All of this for the cost of one $10 button for all three days.

SEE YOU THERE!!

8/15/17 @ 7:44 AM
part-timer
part-timer
User since 1/22/05

If you need rat meat this year let me know.  What is it for so I know how to process it.  thank you,

Brandon

8/14/17 @ 8:30 PM
LUVtheOTDRS
LUVtheOTDRS
User since 11/15/06

Cat, fisher and otter tag draw results are available online.

5/4/17 @ 7:11 PM
LUVtheOTDRS
LUVtheOTDRS
User since 11/15/06

26 total. These were all winter ones. Fall ones I sold back in December and averaged about a buck less per rat then ($2.83 to be exact). 

5/3/17 @ 7:54 AM
Hunter&Hound
User since 7/24/01

How many rats did you have?  Were they fall or winter rats?

Beaver prices are terrible, but at least rat prices are coming around a little.  I'm going to empty out the freezers when I can get a $4 avg.  Hopefully next winter I can ship them.

5/2/17 @ 9:07 AM
LUVtheOTDRS
LUVtheOTDRS
User since 11/15/06
Well ended up selling to Groeny on Fri night to close the season. Ended up avg $9 on beaver (green) $3.84 on rats (put up), had one mink that would have went for $12 put up but kept for tanning, and had 1 coon I caught in a beaver castor set that sold for $5 (green). 
2/1/17 @ 1:27 PM
pike eyes
User since 12/28/10

Does anyone have any Rat meat in there freezer that they want to get rid of.

1/31/17 @ 12:47 PM
river_chaser
User since 10/3/12

Pretty quiet here. Low prices keeping you home?

12/15/16 @ 12:18 PM
LUVtheOTDRS
LUVtheOTDRS
User since 11/15/06
Haven't been able to connect with my cat yet! Had a handful of rats, coon and an otter I sold last Friday. Will be out for beaver after my cat season ends Xmas day. Best of luck to all.
12/15/16 @ 10:10 AM
DACS
User since 12/25/13

That time of year is anybody getting anything

10/27/16 @ 5:37 PM
garro
User since 9/8/01

Why would anybody be trapping rats now in southern Wisconsin (10-26-2016) ? Stopped by a lake around West Bend and someone had flags everywhere. not even close to prime?

9/19/16 @ 2:35 PM
part-timer
part-timer
User since 1/22/05

Can't wait.  I don't see a lot of coons seeing the trap.  well a few as some new areas for farmers.  but i wont be going after them tell after nov 1st. market is down still and this will keep some fly by niters at home.  ready for waders and marsh mud.  looking for that 80lb beaver. want to best last years 76.5lber.  I also am going to be busy with my euro mount stuff as my beetles cant wait to be feed all those skulls.  lol  good luck to all and furry traps

9/16/16 @ 9:49 PM
Got Shnitz?
Got Shnitz?
User since 11/2/07

Getting ready, I should be thinking about bowhunting but all I keep thinking about is trapping.  I went to the convention last weekend and got some new baits/lures and lots of new ideas that I cant wait to try out.  I even got the 1st round of traps dyed already. 

9/16/16 @ 9:12 AM
LUVtheOTDRS
LUVtheOTDRS
User since 11/15/06

Sure am! Didn't make it to Marshfield, but about to place a good order through F&T here. Drew a cat tag this year for southern zone so will get to try my hand at trapping cats this year. Looking forward to it!

Displaying 46 to 60 of 2,166 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fishing geared up by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE