SEARCH
MORE
General Discussion

Time to talk BREWERS!!!!

3/30/02 @ 9:29 AM
INITIAL POST
Crazyotto
User since 10/2/01
Yeah I know baseball is ruined and ther Brewerw are almost as severly hampered by Princess Prieb as they are the lack of revenue sharing, but Im still excited. I am probably crazy but I think the Crew should be .500 this year and if Sheets, Wright, Quevedo, and Nuegebaur pitch up to their potential and we dont swing at everything, I think the crew can win 90 and be in the wild card race late, which is something we havent seen in a long, long time. They must finish over .500 to avoid 10 years straight of losing seasons. I think it is time for a coup to remove Princess Prieb.

Displaying 1 to 15 of 53,128 posts
TODAY @ 10:11 AM
hotbait
PRO MEMBER User since 5/16/16
Missed the start of the game. Thanks for the info. Only hear a few innings while at work. Home in time for the last 3. With bases loaded, do they swing too hard? Grand slam swings, no on base swings. Happy they are doing this good.
TODAY @ 8:21 AM
Zmaniac
Zmaniac
PRO MEMBER User since 2/8/06
Having Koenig pitch the first inning is known as a “spot start” not a bullpen game. The Phillies have lefties in 3 of the 5 top spots in their lineup. Wilson has a .218 ERA against righties, but a 5.23 ERA against lefties. Using Koenig to start the game gives the Brewers the better matchup to start the game. That strategy worked as the Phillies went 1, 2, 3 in the first.
TODAY @ 7:58 AM
the_dude
the_dude
User since 1/10/03
Koenig did "start".  He pitched the first inning and then Wilson came in.  They did this the last time Wilson pitched as well.  

It's been said, but that bases loaded no outs scoring 0 runs was pretty much the game.  When playing great teams like the Phillies, you really need to capitalize in those situations.  Strange how the Brewers are the near the top of the NL in batting average with runners in scoring position but near the bottom when the bases are loaded.  Clearly a mental thing or just strange coincidence.  I hope it is the latter and the law of averages catches up.  
TODAY @ 7:52 AM
hunt-fish-campfire-beer
hunt-fish-campfire-beer
PRO MEMBER User since 2/15/23
Tough loss, got to try a little harder 

Go brewer's 
TODAY @ 4:45 AM
kona77
User since 6/20/13
Losing a tight contest to the Phillies is a lot less painful than seeing Gasser has some "elbow soreness". Two worst words you can usually hear about a pitcher. Hoping the Crew gets some good news for a change this year on an injury topic. 
6/3/24 @ 8:52 PM
glimmertwin
User since 1/18/11
As stated can’t get nothing on bases loaded no out situation. Turang doesn’t hit into too many dps.
Looked back on Contreas stats. He’s like 8 for 42 since end of Boston series…
Think that finger thing really bothering him…
6/3/24 @ 8:27 PM
jawjerker
jawjerker
User since 1/14/02
Losing 3-1 against the best team in the National league isn't bad considered they pitched a bullpen game. But, our top 4 in the lineup went 1-16
6/3/24 @ 7:37 PM
hotbait
I like Rock and BA on TV. Do they only do home games? 
6/3/24 @ 7:35 PM
hotbait
Sorry about the pitcher. I put Koenig. The Brewers put out a rooster and it is not correct. Get some runs, Crew.
6/3/24 @ 7:04 PM
Bodhi77
Bodhi77
User since 1/9/21
Yeah not getting some runs across against  Wheeler witht the bases juiced and no outs is a killer. Likely will not got another chance like that this game.
6/3/24 @ 6:37 PM
Carpio
Carpio
PRO MEMBER User since 11/5/17
You ain’t going to win too many games with the bases loaded and 0 outs and can’t score a run.   It looked like weak swings but I think they were ball placement swings.
6/3/24 @ 6:13 PM
Mrduck
User since 12/6/22
The "B" team is back. When are the Brewers going to get a good "B" team.
6/3/24 @ 5:28 PM
hotbait
Jumpsteady, I have Koenig as starting pitcher. Hoskins as DH. We shall see. I don't drink by the pitcher anymore; I drink by the can. Just want a win. ​5:40 start. 

hoskins
6/3/24 @ 3:58 PM
jumpsteady
jumpsteady
PRO MEMBER User since 12/25/01
Bryse Wilson is on the Hill.
6/3/24 @ 10:49 AM
Hunter&Hound
User since 7/24/01
I think the Crew is up 7+ on the Cards and Cubs.

It'll be interesting to see how they do w/ Philly.  They're a much better team than the Chicago teams.
Displaying 1 to 15 of 53,128 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fishing fueled by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE