SEARCH
MORE
General Discussion

Time to talk BREWERS!!!!

3/30/02 @ 9:29 AM
INITIAL POST
Crazyotto
User since 10/2/01
Yeah I know baseball is ruined and ther Brewerw are almost as severly hampered by Princess Prieb as they are the lack of revenue sharing, but Im still excited. I am probably crazy but I think the Crew should be .500 this year and if Sheets, Wright, Quevedo, and Nuegebaur pitch up to their potential and we dont swing at everything, I think the crew can win 90 and be in the wild card race late, which is something we havent seen in a long, long time. They must finish over .500 to avoid 10 years straight of losing seasons. I think it is time for a coup to remove Princess Prieb.

Displaying 1 to 15 of 53,011 posts
TODAY @ 7:45 PM
Carpio
Carpio
PRO MEMBER User since 11/5/17
I dont think that the BREWERS were worried to much about Imaginia’s sub 1.0 era before the game.       And it shows!
TODAY @ 7:23 PM
hotbait
PRO MEMBER User since 5/16/16
Chourio has ran and caught two balls. Somebody got his mind right! Both teams came to play. Love it.
TODAY @ 7:02 PM
bobber b down
User since 1/31/04
Way to go Yeli'!! Let's escalate China mans ERA tonight!!!
TODAY @ 6:35 PM
jawjerker
jawjerker
User since 1/14/02
Almost game time!!!!!

Go Brewers!!!!!!!!!!
TODAY @ 4:50 PM
hotbait
6:40 start. Chourio in rt field tonight. Yeli in lf field. The cubs have another good pitcher tonight. The Crew will need to perform well for a win. I hope the nice weather brings some southern fans. That would help pay some bills for the Crew. After resting for a night, the Crew will have some hot bats! Looking for the win. Have a Brew with the Crew! 
TODAY @ 4:49 PM
the_dude
the_dude
User since 1/10/03
I mean, who drops their glove and walks off the field when it’s a live play.

I agree with this 100%.  I have never seen that in baseball unless the shot was to the head and the guy ​just goes down.  To ​drop your ​glove and run into foul territory with a live ball right next ​to you is one of the most bizarre plays I've seen.  Obviously it was crazy to the guys on the field as none ​of the position players ran to the ball either.  They were all kind of just watching ​Magill like "what is this guy doing?"  
TODAY @ 12:21 PM
Carpio
Carpio
Brown impressed me last night.  He and Freddy mowing them down.
TODAY @ 10:28 AM
hotbait
It was a nice game to watch. Kept me from turning to the NHL. 9 great innings. The 10th sucked! Has an injury report come out? What a way to lose a good closer. Chourio needs to be told to "RUN and CATCH". He is paid very good and needs to play like it. I'm sure Freddy told him last night. Can they put a jugs machine on home plate and send some to the outfield? How did he get this far, and paid very well, when he can't run up on a ball? Rant done. Good game, we lost to the cubs, let's get the next game. Brown, cubs pitcher, has a good arm. Need a win tonight.
TODAY @ 10:15 AM
ten4
User since 3/22/14
That pitcher being an absolute baby in the 10th inning really set the tone for the loss.  I mean, who drops their glove and walks off the field when it’s a live play.  Pick the darn ball up and save the run!  I’d expect that in youth baseball, but high school up it’s inexcusable.  Then they followed it up with right field lazily letting a catchable ball drop.  I hope the team got an ear full after that game.
TODAY @ 9:29 AM
the_dude
the_dude
User since 1/10/03
Chourio's number one tool I've heard about is his speed.  Yet he can't run back on a ball and make a play on it, so he has to play with his heels practically on the warning track.  Then he is too tentative to use his speed to run through balls in front of him.  Frankly, it's tough to watch.  All the speed in the world and can't use any of it defensively.  

All that said, I really don't see him being sent down, even if it is the right thing to do.  Too much money tied up in him and they wouldn't like the "optics."  
TODAY @ 7:30 AM
glimmertwin
User since 1/18/11
It is a comparison made to Magill. As he often comes in & strikes out the side. Overpowering reliever who will be missed. Hopefully Koenig can make the same leap. Made the analogy weeks ago, so far he’s (Magill) earned it.
TODAY @ 7:17 AM
BarDown
BarDown
User since 3/9/19
They managed to get out of the inning with no damage, but yeah, a catchable ball for sure. Chourio is too hesitant out there. Same thing as before...if he runs right through the ball, he catches it. Freddy was not pleased. This team really needs Mitchell to get healthy, stay healthy, and produce. Then Perkins can go back to his best role, as a defensive replacement/fourth outfielder, and Chourio can go to AAA where he really should be this year.

Who's Gossage?

Wondering the same. The only Gossage I know is Goose Gossage. Not sure if that's a comparison to Megill? Not sure why? Goose was about 6'2" and was hairy like a sasquatch. Megill is 6'8" and clean shaven. And everyone and their little sister is throwing 98 mph these days. He's really lucky( Megill, not Gossage) that he escaped breaking a bone last night. Brewers can't get any relief from the injuries this year. 
TODAY @ 7:10 AM
hunt-fish-campfire-beer
hunt-fish-campfire-beer
PRO MEMBER User since 2/15/23
Ooopps brewer's got to try a little harder.  It dont matter now, it only matters in September   . So we have been told, lol.  Lets getem.

Go brewer's 
TODAY @ 6:02 AM
44/45
PRO MEMBER User since 3/9/11
It might be a different outcome if the outfielder gave his all. Twice in the last week it seem's like I saw a catchable ball drop while the outfielder pulled up. Still was a good game to watch!
TODAY @ 5:58 AM
Carpio
Carpio
Who’s Gossage
Displaying 1 to 15 of 53,011 posts

HUMMINBIRD - Humminbird MEGA Live Imaging
Humminbird MEGA Live Imaging
It's showtime. We've expanded the performance of our MEGA Imaging®? technology with the introduction of MEGA Live Imaging™?. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - Humminbird MEGA Live Imaging Advertisement

MINN KOTA - UPGRADED Ulterra and Terrova
UPGRADED Ulterra and Terrova
The Ulterra® and Terrova® are newly upgraded to keep you at the top of your game and always in the thick of it. More maneuvers. More capabilities. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - UPGRADED Ulterra and Terrova Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
ice drilled by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE