SEARCH
MORE
General Discussion

Time to talk BREWERS!!!!

3/30/02 @ 9:29 AM
INITIAL POST
Crazyotto
User since 10/2/01
Yeah I know baseball is ruined and ther Brewerw are almost as severly hampered by Princess Prieb as they are the lack of revenue sharing, but Im still excited. I am probably crazy but I think the Crew should be .500 this year and if Sheets, Wright, Quevedo, and Nuegebaur pitch up to their potential and we dont swing at everything, I think the crew can win 90 and be in the wild card race late, which is something we havent seen in a long, long time. They must finish over .500 to avoid 10 years straight of losing seasons. I think it is time for a coup to remove Princess Prieb.

Displaying 1 to 15 of 52,925 posts
TODAY @ 3:20 PM
kona77
User since 6/20/13
Understand the comments/concerns about Mitchell and his injuries but it is not like he is constantly pulling hamstings etc.  Couple of freak injuries have shelved him the last 2 years. Look at his skill set and production. Limited sample size, but he has a .278 avg and even more importantly an OPS just shy of .800. Assume you remember some of the plays he has made in the field.. He has a plus arm and great speed. Like most young guys needs to cut down on his strikeouts but he has shown real promise.  He had a really good spring and I am looking forward to his return.

I would say the same thing about Chourio. He has been clocked at even a faster rate going to 1st base than De La Cruz. Has shown that great bat speed and power. Certainly agree he needs some work in the outfield . However the athletic skills are off the chart .. Just look at what happened to Jackson Holliday/Orioles. #1 rated player in the minors the last 2 years and just was tearing the cover off the ball. Every pundit/talking head has him as a can't miss guy. Orioles called him up and he struck in 18 of his 35 plate appearances and really struggled. Orioles have him back down at triple-A.. Some young guys just need time to develop. Case in point Turang with his bat. Brewers were patient with Turang and it is paying off.  
TODAY @ 1:58 PM
hotbait
PRO MEMBER User since 5/16/16
An insider told me the Crew is building up right now. Sometime in the near future they will explode like a shook-up beer! They told me it would be around May 27.   
TODAY @ 1:35 PM
hotbait
PRO MEMBER User since 5/16/16
I'm glad I am not a loner on Wiemer and Chourio. Wiemer needs to talk to Turang. Turang turned his offense around since last year. Chourio has stopped on a few balls hit his way this year. I hope somebody pulls him to the side and gets his mind right. I am just glad of all the wins with the team we have. Pitching depth has been great. Could CC get the play out of the players like Murphy has? I just pray they keep it up and beat the cubs.  
TODAY @ 12:06 PM
BarDown
BarDown
User since 3/9/19
I think that brews is saying that's what he profiles as fully developed, not what he is right now. 
TODAY @ 10:47 AM
Carpio
Carpio
PRO MEMBER User since 11/5/17
He’s FAR from being a .230 hitter!   More like .130.   I’d be happy with a .230 ave.
TODAY @ 10:37 AM
brews4995
brews4995
User since 4/2/10
Agree Weimer is a level higher than he should be right now. But I think he is the typical. 230 average and 25 to 30 Homer guy like so many others, Hoskins, Sanchez like numbers. 
I still don't get why everyone thinks Mitchell is the answer.  What has he proven except he knows his way around the DL. I'll expect nothing from him till he actually produces after at least 50 games being healthy. I don't like the way Churio is being used, either play him every day or send him back to AAA. Platooning him is doing nothing for his development. 
TODAY @ 9:42 AM
BarDown
BarDown
User since 3/9/19
dude, yeah, kind of an organizational failure in producing outfielders, perhaps until right now. Frelick shows promise, as does Chourio although honestly he should probably be in AAA. They pulled Perkins off the scrap heap and found something there. I know they've had some misses in the draft. Corey Ray comes to mind as does the Harrison guy that's going to try to play football in college now. Mitchell can't stay healthy long enough to find out what they have. These are the guys that should be playing now instead of Weimer, but didn't pan out.  
TODAY @ 8:54 AM
the_dude
the_dude
User since 1/10/03
Bardown - you aren't wrong - but I think the other guys are kind of saying the same thing:  What is he doing on the MLB team?  I get it Yelich and Mitchell are hurt, but Wiemer has been really bad at the MLB level.  How did he ever make it to where we was last year prior to being pressed into service with that awful swing?  I don't know how that works on any level in the farm system.  But I do agree, I don't think all hope should be given up on him.  He does have tools.  

It sound's like Mitchell could be back soon.  But who knows if that is an answer to anything.  He hasn't played enough to have any idea what we have there.
TODAY @ 7:32 AM
BarDown
BarDown
User since 3/9/19
Really disappointing loss. If Chourio runs right through that ball he catches it. I remember in spring training Murphy talking about his defense not being where they wanted it to be, and it bit them last night. Shame after great work from the bullpen. 

I don't get the Weimer hate. I have no idea if he's ever going to be a solid major league player or not, but it would be nice if he ever got the chance to develop at the level he should be at. He's hasn't been where he should have been the last two years. Kids been yanked around like a yoyo. Last year he should have been in AAA all year, but he was pressed into service because Yelich and Mitchell can't stay healthy. He was obviously overmatched, and needed a swing change. This year he was getting a chance to be where he should be, and got yanked up to the bigs cause...checks notes...Yelich and Mitchell can't stay healthy. He's a plus defender, with plus speed and stupid power. I'll reserve judgement untill he gets a legitimate opportunity to settle in at the level he should be at. 
TODAY @ 6:46 AM
kona77
User since 6/20/13
Yep, another lost opportunity on this road trip. Only one out of 162 but just hate giving games away.
5/20/24 @ 10:11 PM
jawjerker
jawjerker
User since 1/14/02
Why is Wiemre even back up here?
Blew this game
5/20/24 @ 8:52 PM
brews4995
brews4995
User since 4/2/10
About 3 times a year just in Brewers games
5/20/24 @ 8:13 PM
bobber b down
User since 1/31/04
How often does a ball get stuck under a wall??? 
5/20/24 @ 8:10 PM
the_dude
the_dude
User since 1/10/03
What on God’s green earth is Chourio doing pulling up on the fly ball?  That was a terribly disappointing effort from that young man.
5/20/24 @ 7:00 PM
bobber b down
User since 1/31/04
Yeli' steals home nice!!! Go Crew!!
Displaying 1 to 15 of 52,925 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
solid hook sets by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE