SEARCH
MORE
General Discussion

Time to talk BREWERS!!!!

3/30/02 @ 9:29 AM
INITIAL POST
Crazyotto
User since 10/2/01
Yeah I know baseball is ruined and ther Brewerw are almost as severly hampered by Princess Prieb as they are the lack of revenue sharing, but Im still excited. I am probably crazy but I think the Crew should be .500 this year and if Sheets, Wright, Quevedo, and Nuegebaur pitch up to their potential and we dont swing at everything, I think the crew can win 90 and be in the wild card race late, which is something we havent seen in a long, long time. They must finish over .500 to avoid 10 years straight of losing seasons. I think it is time for a coup to remove Princess Prieb.

Displaying 1 to 15 of 52,793 posts
TODAY @ 9:10 AM
glimmertwin
User since 1/18/11
Chi-would seem too early to start Cubbies Brewers , as all engrossed i(with good reason) in last nites melee…
TODAY @ 8:12 AM
brews4995
brews4995
User since 4/2/10
No, Peralta hit 2 guys last night. He hit Ramirez,  then Hoskins was hit, retaliation maybe? Then Peralta hit Suri. The more I've analyzed it, I do think it was intentional. Gonna walk him anyway,  why not drill him on a 3-0 count, little payback for maybe watching his earlier Homer too long. 
But what Uribe did, totally out of line. Hope he isn't another million dollar arm, 10 cent brain kind of guy.
TODAY @ 8:09 AM
Zmaniac
Zmaniac
PRO MEMBER User since 2/8/06
The rules state that it’s customary to warn both sides, but the umpire can eject a pitcher without warning if they feel that the HBP was intentional.
From what I read, Siri stared down Peralta after his HR and Peralta took exception to it and threw at him. I didn’t see the play, but the accounts given would suggest that is what happened. 
Time to talk BREWERS!!!! photo by Zmaniac
TODAY @ 8:02 AM
the_dude
the_dude
User since 1/10/03
Sorry, you are correct.  The Ramirez HBP was a grazed jersey (that is such a stupid rule).  The article I was reading stated that Siri was the first player hit by Peralta, so they didn't have their facts straight.  Guccione did state after the game that there were no warnings issued prior to Peralta's ejection though.  So it is still darn strange to eject a pitcher without any issued warning for a pitch in the thigh.  
TODAY @ 7:57 AM
Zmaniac
Zmaniac
The box score says differently Dude
Time to talk BREWERS!!!! photo by Zmaniac
TODAY @ 7:51 AM
the_dude
the_dude
User since 1/10/03
Zman - your synopsis is incorrect.  Siri is the first and only batter hit by Peralta last night.  And there were no visible warnings after Hoskins was hit previously, as there did not appear to be any intention with that pitch.  I'm assuming Peralta hit Siri on purpose, but it is pretty crazy to throw out a starting pitcher with no prior warning for hitting a guy in the thigh.  
TODAY @ 7:17 AM
PSE
PSE
PRO MEMBER User since 11/25/05
Pitchers throwing punches only leads to injured throwing hands. Teams fine their own players for that. Brewers cant afford to lose a pitcher.
TODAY @ 6:57 AM
jumpsteady
jumpsteady
PRO MEMBER User since 12/25/01
1 of Baseballs unwritten laws.
TODAY @ 6:56 AM
Zmaniac
Zmaniac
Bodhi…I went back and reviewed the events that led up to the Peralta/Murphy ejection. It appears that both pitchers had one HBP prior to HBP that caused the ejection. That would explain the ejection because both teams were warned after the first two. The warning might have been missed by the play by play guys, but it’s customary that the warning be given after each team hit a batter. 
Crazy game for sure and I’m sorry I missed it. I’m sure Uribe and Siri will be suspended and fined for the melee 
TODAY @ 5:45 AM
Snake1
Snake1
PRO MEMBER User since 1/22/21
At least the Crew moved back in 1st by a ½ a game again. It will be a long season. 
I like it when Cubs/Brewers are fighting for 1st place. It’s like Packers / Bears. 
TODAY @ 1:08 AM
glimmertwin
User since 1/18/11
Chi having phone problems- reserve my right to reply tomorrow 
4/30/24 @ 11:27 PM
chitowncrappieman
chitowncrappieman
PRO MEMBER User since 3/4/06
Well Glimmer,that kind of thing won't happen in our house when you visit us and hopefully take a "Whoopin"! Only funnin but thought i'd start the BS EARLY!! All kidding aside the Brewers are pretty good but my LOYALTIES LIE ELSE WHERE!!! Oh yea almost forgot,when is the last ime if any the brewers of the National league won the World Series? juyst asking. Pay no attention to me okay,looking forward to seeing the Cub/brewers games down here by me on T.V.
Time to talk BREWERS!!!! photo by chitowncrappieman
Time to talk BREWERS!!!! photo by chitowncrappieman
4/30/24 @ 11:15 PM
glimmertwin
User since 1/18/11
Hope Uribe not suspended. If he had to throw the first one wish it would’ve been a closed fist punch instead of biach slap! Weird why these teams dislike one another so much? Anyone know anything about why?
4/30/24 @ 10:28 PM
glimmertwin
User since 1/18/11
Great win! Now if the Bucks can just keep going , Beasley back to form!!!
4/30/24 @ 9:34 PM
jawjerker
jawjerker
User since 1/14/02
Good win for the  Crew
Displaying 1 to 15 of 52,793 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fishing geared up by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE