SEARCH
MORE
Canadian Reports/Discussion

Manion Lake

5/21/12 @ 12:20 PM
INITIAL POST
Coyote Hunter
User since 2/1/12
I just booked a five day stay at Hyatt's Manion Lake Lodge, from August 5th - 10th. I was there a few years ago in June as that is where we ended a Boy Scouts canoe trip. We fished a littlle there so I know there are big Smallies and abundant Walleye. Can anyone share any other info. We are not into fishing much but this is a birthday present for my son and I think this might just get him hooked on fishing. Do I need special permission from my wife to cross into Canada with my son? I know we needed it for the scouts. We are bringing our own boat and any tips on live bait versus artificial would be appreciated.
Displaying 46 to 60 of 259 posts
3/30/20 @ 5:31 AM
fishhook
fishhook
PRO MEMBER User since 9/16/01

74 more days till we arrive at Hyatt’s Mount lake outpost camp,

Maybe,......

Manion Lake photo by fishhook
1/23/20 @ 3:53 PM
C Eagle
C Eagle
User since 8/10/13

141 days and counting until we return to Hyatt's Manion Lake Outpost Camp!  

9/3/19 @ 6:41 PM
fishhook
fishhook

Canada fishing report for the week of August 23-30

DESTINATION: Hyatts Mount lake outpost camp

WEATHER: first 2 days the weather was great,70° air temps,& 10-20mph W winds. The last 6 days were brutal,as we had mid 60° air temps, wind from 29-36mph AND,5 days of “horizontal” rain.

BUGS: none of any kind.

WALLEYES: the jig bite was fair at best,as they were scattered,and the winds made it difficult to hold vertical,(unless you have a Minn Kota Ulterra  with spot lock).We moved around till we marked fish,then fished them up.

LAKE TROUT: we didn’t give the lake trout much interest. Trolled for them twice for a short time because of rough seas.

SMALLIES: Didn't target bass this time,as we caught enough when walleye fishing,so the bass bite was fair.

PIKE: didn't target pike too much,as we caught them fishing for walleyes too.

All of us had a nice week of fishing,relaxing,& friendship laughs,while staying at Hyatt's outpost camp. We also went over to LG65,for dinner Thursday at his still new island resort,thanks Pat!

Back up to Hyatts outpost camp in 284 days!

fishhook,.........out!

7/31/19 @ 7:42 AM
sylvanoaks
User since 8/1/18

Congrats on the new truck Fishhook!

We have the road in to Manion broke down into 3 sections:

The logging road

The cattle path

The goat trail  (after the bridge)    :-)

Sylvanoaks

7/27/19 @ 7:32 AM
fishhook
fishhook

I have a new boat puller for our Canadian fishing trip last week of August. I hope the Leer cap I ordered will be ready and on my truck before we go. We travel an hour on a dusty gravel logging road,& a dirt road thru the bush to get to camp.

6/26/19 @ 2:59 PM
sylvanoaks
User since 8/1/18

Nice report fishhook.  Sounds like those rascally walleyes were a little shut down.  We were up at Dinorwic from the 15th to 22nd.  water temp started at 52 and ended at about 74, but we had very little wind almost calm most days.

How was your border wait coming back on the 22nd?  We probably saw you in line.  Freeking line was all the way back to tim hortons in fort francis.  little over a hour wait to get out of canada???  Never been anywhere near that ever for us.  The hour wait getting in is bad enough.  These Sat to Sat bookings are getting tough. 

Sylvan Oaks

6/25/19 @ 6:39 PM
fishhook
fishhook

Canada fishing report for the week of June 14-22

DESTINATION: Hyatts Mount lake outpost camp

WEATHER: first half of the week had cloudy skies,brisk N.E. winds,with high temps at 60°/lows 40° water temp at 59°  The second half of the week the N.E. Winds diminished,sun came out,day time temps rose to 78°/lows to 55°,& water temps shot up to 70°

BUGS: mosquitoes were around mornings,& nights. No flies of any kind.

WALLEYES: the bite was fair to poor,as they were on the move. We just moved around till we were sick of searching,and went after the smallies.

LAKE TROUT: we didn’t give the lake trout much interest. Jigged for them twice for a short time and trolled a short time for them too. We got bored,& went after the smallies.

SMALLIES: the bass bite was fair,to good the first half of the week,& got bigger,& much better as the week went on. Awesome top water bite in 2’-7’of water in the sand/rocks. Color-Didn’t matter.

PIKE: didn't target pike too much,as we caught them fishing for walleyes, and bass. When we did,we caught bass,lol.

The 4 of us had a great week of fishing,relaxing,& friendship laughs,while staying at Hyatt's outpost camp. We also went over to visit LG65,in his still new island resort.(looks awesome Pat!)

Back up to Hyatts outpost camp in 59 days!

Blue magic marker,......out!

6/3/19 @ 8:56 PM
C Eagle
C Eagle
User since 8/10/13

LG65 looking forward to being at Hyatt's again and certainly hope to put a hurt on the Walleyes, Bass and Lake Trout....like normal.  Really looking forward to using my new Helix 10 G3N and finding some new spots. 

Can't wait to get unplugged and fish the Canadian Shield Lakes again.  I can almost taste my first meal of walleyes and can hear the Loon calls.  

Let's go Fishing!

6/2/19 @ 5:29 PM
Lawn Guy 65
User since 2/20/18

hey fishhook & plmlk 

will miss seeing you plmlk, maybe next year. no more cigars for me anymore, had some artery issues.

will see you when get to Mount lake fishhook. I'll be there June 10 with 2 other guys. Stop by.

6/2/19 @ 5:05 PM
Brent Hess
Brent Hess
PRO MEMBER User since 12/18/07

Gonna miss you guys this year FH!  

Also gonna miss having a cigar with LG on his island!  

Have fun - I expect a full report!!!

6/2/19 @ 12:20 PM
fishhook
fishhook

Nice fish report,sylvanoaks.

our group will be up to Hyatt’s Mount lake outpost camp in 12 more days.

6/2/19 @ 11:59 AM
sylvanoaks
User since 8/1/18

Fishing report for Manion  5/23-5/29

Weather was nasty the first 3 days, wind rain squalls and cold. Rest of the week was decent.

Walleyes

We primarily fish walleyes with jigs/minnows and troll shallows with cranks.With the water temp the first few days being low 50's, we had a hard time contacting any walleyes in the shallows.  

After seeing fish in deep water on the electronics, we moved our jigging operation to deep water 20-25' is where we concentrated and things picked up.  Probably 90% of our walleyes came from deep.

Pike

We normally catch enough pike fishing for walleye, but one of our group wanted to concentrate on pike, so 1 day that's what we did.  Our boat picked up 20 pike in about a 7 hr day, up to 34".  

Smallies

We didn't really target smallies but did catch a dozen or so up to 18.5"

BUGS

We did have knats all week, both on shore and in the boat.  On the days where the wind died down they swarmed us.  I have packed head nets for years, just in case of bugs, but this year I forgot them, Lol.   No other bugs whatsoever.

Overall, another fun fishing trip to Manion for my wife and I.  No major storms, caught plenty of fish, eat plenty of fish, enjoyed cocktails in the screened in deck in the evening.  Had my daughter and her husband there for a few days, and they loved it.  Next trip there is last week of Aug.

Sylvan Oaks out.

5/19/19 @ 9:45 PM
fishhook
fishhook

All the lakes are now ice free.

26 more days till our group checks in to Hayatts Mount lake outpost camp for an 8 day fishing excursion on a 7 lake chain for walleye,smallies,pike,& lake trout.

4/22/19 @ 10:05 PM
C Eagle
C Eagle
User since 8/10/13

My prediction is for a May 5th Ice out on Manion Lake. 

4/19/19 @ 6:01 PM
fishhook
fishhook

8 more Friday’s till our group is up at Hyatt’s Mount Lake outpost camp for a week of chillin,& grilling,with a whole lotta fishin.

Picts taken 

4/10

4/15

4/16

looks like an early May iceout.

Displaying 46 to 60 of 259 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fishing equipped by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE