MORE
Wisconsin Fishing Discussion

Violence in the outdoors

5/2/13 @ 9:23 AM
INITIAL POST
ol sarge
ol sarge
User since 3/8/04
I just read over on the fishing reports page about a fight that broke out on Castle Rock Lake over a shore fisherman throwing rocks at fishermen in boats. I guess the guy on shore challenged the guy in the boat to bring his fat butt up on shore and he did and the guy on shore got a beating and the guy from the boat got a $200 fine. Now from what I take, this was done in front of his boy and he thought what his dad did was fine because the guy was throwing rocks at their $30,000 bass boat. I find this very disturbing and is one of the reasons I fish away from other people. I would have been more upset about some crazy throwing rocks at my son than my boat. I just do not know what the world is coming too. If you see a crowd, why even put yourself in that situation? What example are you setting for your child if you pummel someone and end up getting a disorderly charge? I think it could have been handled better(pull up anchor or never have approached the shore, its a big lake) and this sets a bad example and makes all sportsmen look foolish. Thoughts?
Displaying 31 to 45 of 46 posts
5/5/13 @ 8:49 PM
257ROBT
User since 1/28/04
Not going to take sides, but I am wondering: did the guy in the boat come over and park on a spot that the shore fisherman was already fishing and maybe catching fish? I have had this happen to me, just very recently also, so I could see why the shore fisherman would get upset. Violence though, not for me.
5/5/13 @ 8:00 PM
Viszla-Terrier
User since 12/27/10
Im sure the guy on shore deserved getting his @$$ kicked, but the fact that the boat guy had to go above and beyond to get at him, he's gonna get arrested 95+% of the time.
5/5/13 @ 11:26 AM
fishfillet
User since 1/8/13
did the person instigating the fight from shore get a ticket for hunter/fisherman harrasment?
5/3/13 @ 7:09 PM
fishs
User since 2/17/04
Yea I read that and few thoughts came to my mind. The one punch homicide, the potential law suit from the beating even though the guy probably deserved it, great story to tell for years about how 47 year old dad kicked D-heads a$$. The story from the kids point of view paints his dad as a sort of a hero. The smart person would have walked (drove) away. Yes too much to lose. The story may not be over.
5/3/13 @ 5:17 PM
B Fish
User since 6/26/10
When I was younger I used to get upset with things, but now that I am older I sure like being happy. Why can't everybody just be happy. (It works wonders for a marriage too) Big Smile Big Smile Big Smile Big Smile Big Smile Wink Wink Wink Wink Smile Smile Smile Smile
5/2/13 @ 9:37 AM
hooah212002
hooah212002
User since 5/8/12
This is indicative ONLY of the stupidity of the parties involved. There is no need to look into it further. You can find this sort of abhorrent behavior in all walks of life, in all sects of society and in all time periods throughout history. Stupid people act stupid. It's really that simple. No one in their right mind is going to use this as an example against "sportsmen/sportswomen". It only makes the people involved look foolish, no one else.
Displaying 31 to 45 of 46 posts

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
boat towed by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE