iceman007
User since 7/2/15
I'll start: When water freezes on my line / eyelets
Displaying 90 to 104 of 480 posts
12/30/17 @ 10:43 PM
Polski
Polski
PRO MEMBER User since 5/11/03

I was recently fishing a small area on early ice for perch with a bunch of people all fishing close to each other. Two guys had underwater cameras in their one man flip overs and I swear it was like they both thought they were Joe Buck giving a non stop play by play of what they saw swimming by. Shut the hell up!

On a different note, has a LL forum/link been started for up coming 2018 ice derbys or jamborees? I did some searching and couldn't find one, thanks. 

12/30/17 @ 7:35 PM
CMunyon
User since 5/12/16

Cell phones.

12/30/17 @ 6:38 PM
JigDipper
JigDipper
User since 12/19/14

Sub zero temps for highs. Still go, but man that is wicked at times.

12/30/17 @ 2:47 PM
JamesD
JamesD
PRO MEMBER User since 2/16/04

The cold becomes a big issue when you have to turn on the heater. In my compact flip over, space was tight and with numb hands; rod slips out and line gets close enough to the heater to vaporize. As the current slowly pulls the line down the hole I make a grab for it. But it's too late. The wet hand and sleeve take over an hour to warm back up, sometimes longer. I have a bigger sled now but losing gear always annoys me. The guy gunning the snowmobile over the lake's drifts causing the beer cans to fly out of the open case, getting a bunch lost in the snow ....that gets me too.

12/29/17 @ 3:02 AM
WelderGuy
WelderGuy
User since 12/19/10

Wind!!!

12/29/17 @ 12:22 AM
cousincarmody
cousincarmody
User since 2/9/10

Finding garbage left by other 'anglers'. This is annoying on several levels:

1) It's all about me.

2) It's all about me.

3) It's all about me

12/28/17 @ 9:00 PM
luremaker
User since 1/23/12

People that walk up and ask if the fish are bitin and you have a pile of fish on the ice. NOPE! Then they ask you the ice depth. LOOK PAL, THE ICE IS ON TOP OF THE WATER! WHERE ELSE WOULD IT BE.? ICE GETS THICK. WTF

11/19/17 @ 2:27 PM
Paddle Power
Paddle Power
User since 1/6/17
Mine's pretty lame but I've noticed the biggest thing I dislike about my Marcum flasher vs some of the Vex units I've fished next to is the lack of a night mode. My eyes can't take it after a couple of hours of night time fishing, too bright. 
11/12/17 @ 3:17 PM
Robbollio
Robbollio
User since 10/17/04

People asking how the ice is on lakelink on southern wi lakes already. Those are the idiots JB is talking about at the end of the year for sure! 

11/12/17 @ 12:47 PM
sturboy
User since 7/17/17

I hate it when I'm ice fishing by myself on a small lake and that darn Louis C. K. walks up and asks if he can abuse himself with me watching.

"I thought you only do that with women" I say.

"Heck, it doesn't matter when someone's wearing big boots, ice bibs and an overstuffed parka with a hood" he replies.

"I see your point (as it were)" I say, as I put my bucket on the other side of the hole and turn around so as to not see.

This is why, unlike some others of you, I would not mind being visited by Swedish Bikini Teams-- rather than disgraced comedians.

11/12/17 @ 12:46 PM
Duffin
User since 12/16/10

When the dog stares down my fishing hole.  She pays too much attention.  That never works ??

11/12/17 @ 10:08 AM
blackhawks
User since 12/28/03

Ice fishing is a big time "mental escape" for me.....extremely therapeutic.  To me, there isn't too much better than being on a lake during the hard-water season and seeing the sun come up/go down, light snow starting to fly, meeting fellow anglers, etc.  You pick a spot before the sun comes up, punch a lot of holes for "hole hopping" and then.....a nearby angler/group cranks up the music big time.  Doesn't matter what the genre of music is, it annoys me big time.  The annoyance meter redlines when the lyrics are dominated by profanity.  I fish solo a majority of the time (I am retired) and have asked some groups of guys to please turn it down and they have whereas others, I leave them be (or move) since they have been drinking all day, I am one vs many, etc.  

11/11/17 @ 11:50 PM
svitreum
svitreum
User since 8/29/06

People who get bored mid-day when the action slows and decide to do donuts on the ice with their 4 wheelers. The annoying part is realizing that everyone in that group is probably hammered, and they will inevitably ask for help if someone dumps the wheeler and gets hurt bad. I'm there to fish, not bail out the idiots.

11/9/17 @ 5:02 PM
Ulbian
User since 9/24/03

Jaybeatle, 

That’s not annoying, that’s great. You don’t have to worry about those people bothering you at all early on. I call that a win and not annoying. In fact, I treat that as an opportunity to fend them off a bit longer by over exaggerating how sketchy it is. Less crowds are ok with me. 

Now....if you want to talk “annoying” when it comes to ice thickness I’ll give you this....  

When you have a lighter car or truck and drive on to ice with it instead of your full sized pickup. Without fail some moron will drive right up to your light car with something heavier and ask “how good is the ice?” 

11/9/17 @ 11:49 AM
crawriverrat
crawriverrat
User since 10/27/02

Bravo jb bravo!! 

Displaying 90 to 104 of 480 posts

MINN KOTA - UPGRADED Ulterra and Terrova
UPGRADED Ulterra and Terrova
The Ulterra® and Terrova® are newly upgraded to keep you at the top of your game and always in the thick of it. More maneuvers. More capabilities. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - UPGRADED Ulterra and Terrova Advertisement

HUMMINBIRD - Humminbird MEGA Live Imaging
Humminbird MEGA Live Imaging
It's showtime. We've expanded the performance of our MEGA Imaging®? technology with the introduction of MEGA Live Imaging™?. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - Humminbird MEGA Live Imaging Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
solid hook sets by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE