INITIAL POST
iceman007
User since 7/2/15
I'll start: When water freezes on my line / eyelets
Displaying 61 to 75 of 480 posts
1/22/18 @ 8:35 AM
ICEAHOLIC
User since 12/21/15

I went out walleye fishing recently and got set up around 4:00am. with my portable shack. I set two tip-ups out. I had one ten yards directly in front of my shack and one more ten yards past that. I put LED lights by both tip-ups so I could see them in the dark. At 5:00am two guys pull up in a truck 75 yards straight in front of me and set up tip-ups between their truck and me. I've got no problem with how close to me they were (I wouldn't have cared if they were 50 yards closer) but they left their headlights on the entire time pointed directly at the front of my shack. Even with the LED lights on my tip-ups I could no longer see them. I quit fishing twice to start my vehicle and turn my headlights on (even flashed the brights) but they still never shut their headlights off until after it was light. I think I'm still seeing spots!

1/22/18 @ 2:01 AM
n.pike
n.pike
User since 4/2/02

Tangled and knotted up line. Sometimes I can't figure out what's going on and why the tangle/twist is occurring. I just cut it out of frustration but it feels a lot better when I can be successful and untangle the line. 

1/21/18 @ 11:03 PM
Mr.Seaguar
PRO MEMBER User since 2/5/05

Does your ion battery handle cold very well?  I use a cordless drill much of the time but if I forget to keep the battery warm then I use my gas auger.

1/20/18 @ 7:50 PM
Hodag1
User since 6/27/09

Gas augers.  Ion/electric is the way to go.  I was out very early this am before the crowds (with my Ion).  About an hour after I got there....we’ll u can u here it can’t you?

1/19/18 @ 10:58 PM
Ulbian
User since 9/24/03

Doesn’t annoy me when I’m ice fishing but when I’m looking at ice fishing message boards...the inability of people using a search function. So many redundant drill, boot, flasher, auger, etc topics. Learn how to search people...

Worse yet are the brand fan boys who flood those topics with “my brand is better than your brand, yours sucks, mine doesn’t.” 

...but perhaps the biggest annoyance are those who don’t bother to read posted fishing regulations. Again, search functions are your friend and you can find out if Lake X has any special regulations on your own a heck of a lot faster than posting a question and waiting for a response. Here’s what you throw into google for Wisconsin: “WDNR fishing regulations.” Simple as that...happy reading. 

1/19/18 @ 10:50 PM
Mr.Seaguar
PRO MEMBER User since 2/5/05

When you catch a fish and then you drop back down and try to check the vex only to find the fish splashed water all over it and you can't see very well. Hate that.

1/19/18 @ 12:46 PM
Chief2018
User since 1/3/18

People driving over my tip up line and then parking between my pop up and the tip ups and then asking me if I can see my tip ups around him... Thanks buddy

1/18/18 @ 2:26 PM
Bigcat187
Bigcat187
User since 1/15/17

Not catching fish

Forgetting the beer

OTHER PEOPLE THAT SETUP RIGHT NEXT TO YOU WHEN THERES A WHOLE LAKE

Forgetting the beer

Bait dies to fast

Coleman Propane tanks die half full and have to thaw them to use again

Buddys that kick over your stuff

forgetting the beer

1/17/18 @ 9:26 PM
AMS Dealer
PRO MEMBER User since 12/26/10

When the guy 5 to 10 ft away comes out of his flip over and asks if you will watch it while he looks for 2 more fish, and his are 2 inches bigger than yours, and you only have 8 to his 23. Been on both sides though.

1/13/18 @ 1:22 PM
9incher
User since 12/30/16

CIGARETTE BUTTS ON THE ICE. I'm a smoker and you won't find any of my cigarette butts on the ice.

GARBAGE ON THE ICE. 

If you bring anything out with you, make sure it leaves with you....       

1/12/18 @ 6:41 PM
MRGLAX
User since 10/20/05

Pretty sure with these new fangled smart phones you can set different ringers for different people or contact groups.  Set up a distinctive ringer just for your work contacts.  The others will get the hint when you instantly voice mail them. 

1/12/18 @ 5:41 PM
Cold Front
User since 7/9/01

Same here. I just text them back and say that I will call them back later. Mrt. 

1/12/18 @ 3:18 PM
cantworkgottafish
User since 5/8/10

I wish but need to be reachable in case of work issues basically all the time. 

1/12/18 @ 3:08 PM
beanbag
User since 12/17/09

Or you could turn your phone off and enjoy the quiet. 

1/12/18 @ 2:45 PM
cantworkgottafish
User since 5/8/10

People calling me because they know I am out fishing and want to know how they are biting. 

I don't mean people who are fishing same area and keeping in touch with to help each other get on good bites.  I mean people who are sitting on the couch and think they should waste my fishing time and interrupt my ability to fish effectively because they are bored and want to shoot the breeze.  My father in law is a big offender.

Don't bother me while I'm trying to fish call me in the evening or something.

Displaying 61 to 75 of 480 posts

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fish seduced by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE