SEARCH
MORE
General Outdoor Discussion

Pickled Fish Recipe

1/18/12 @ 12:44 PM
INITIAL POST
Igor
User since 6/20/01
I am in need of some help here. A couple years back there was a pickled pike recipe I used that was fabulous. It not only had the usual ingredients but also crushed red pepper and whole peppercorns. I've done about a dozen different searches but can't seem to find the thread. What I DO remember is one of the posters had photos of MANY MANY jars of finished product in the posting. Can anyone help? My search yielded 3 threads relating to pickling but none of these had what I am looking for. Thanks a lot.
Displaying 41 to 44 of 44 posts
1/19/12 @ 12:18 PM
Igor
User since 6/20/01
Forgot to ask, for the initial saltwater soak, how much salt-to-water?
1/19/12 @ 11:15 AM
Igor
User since 6/20/01
Walleye Master: YOU DA MAN!!!!! Taking my son out Saturday and possibly Sunday on a lake the DNR wants the pike thinned out of. We're more than happy to help!!! Thanks again.
1/19/12 @ 9:50 AM
walleye-master
User since 2/28/08
Cut fish into bite size pieces.Soak 48 hours in brine that will float an egg.(Water and Pickling/Canning salt). Drain,then soak 48 hours in pure white vinegar,drain again then soak another 12-24 hours in fresh vinager.(This helps keeping the fish more firmer).Drain and discard vinegar. Make brine by combining ingredients and heat until sugar dissolves.(Note: I like to get vinegar boiling before i put sugar in slowly until it dissolves,using a whisk).Then add remaining ingredients.Let the brine cool before putting into the jars.Put fish and layered onions into jars and pour in brine and put in the refrigerator for 2 weeks and enjoy.You must have enough syrup to cover the fish. Brine 4 cups sugar 4 cups white vinegar 1/4 cup pickling spice ( I use McCormick's) 1 cup white sweet wine Sliced onions (white or red onions, i use red for color once in awhile) If you want a little sweeter brine add an extra cup of sugar.
Displaying 41 to 44 of 44 posts

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
solid hook sets by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE