SEARCH
MORE
General Fishing Discussion

If you could pick one person?

10/28/14 @ 3:54 PM
INITIAL POST
Tommy Howell
User since 7/11/11
If you could pick one person to spend an entire day fishing with, other then a family member, who would it be, and why? For me, I would choose Al Lindner. I can't think of any other person who impacted my love for fishing more then Al. From the time of the Facts of Fishing Show, Lindy's Tackle, In'Fisherman, the PWT, and on to Lindners Angling Edge, he's the man!
Displaying 1 to 15 of 73 posts
12/2/14 @ 9:45 PM
splashman
User since 6/26/01
Sorry Tommy, Gotta ignore the rules and choose my dad. He's been gone over 20 years now. He's the one that got me turned onto the sport for life. He never got into musky fishing, nor knows the great fishing he could have in the area I live these days (Door Co.). Man If I could only have just 1 day.............
11/30/14 @ 8:28 PM
Higgs
User since 1/14/13
Probably the guy on the shore who is catching the most fish. Al Sampson would be my go to guy. Who all remembers this great fisherman. My dad said he would come on the walleye raft with them at nite.
11/30/14 @ 6:29 PM
lawdog616
lawdog616
PRO MEMBER User since 1/20/04
I would have to say my Father, though he is still with us, he does not get out much anymore due to his age. Now if you had asked about those that have left this world as a partner, I have many...foremost I would bring want to spend the day with my grandfathers on the water one last time.
11/30/14 @ 8:58 AM
Bug Zapper
User since 7/19/04
Miko
11/28/14 @ 10:01 AM
everest
User since 12/5/10
My wife..of course...duh......lol
11/21/14 @ 5:47 PM
Danomite
User since 4/30/12
Jose, the big game! Great fisherman not so good pilot.
11/21/14 @ 10:23 AM
bonz-dragon
User since 6/16/09
My best friend that I hadn't seen for 6 years until this late summer.
11/21/14 @ 7:02 AM
Mark 1:17
User since 8/27/02
I would like to fish with Tommy Skarlis, great all around angler and a great teacher. Cool
11/18/14 @ 12:00 PM
500sp
User since 4/4/10
thats easy unfortunately he passed away few years back BUCK PERRY !! OTHER THEN THAT AL LINDER he absorbed all buck taught
11/15/14 @ 8:57 AM
Tfm9
User since 3/5/13
Mike Keyes and his gang look like they'd be fun to fish with!
11/12/14 @ 3:04 PM
machoprogrammer
User since 1/19/07
I would say my grandpa or his lifelong best friend (who taught me how to fish), but since you probably aren't looking for sentimental answers, I will go with George Bush Sr. He was former head of CIA, so get a few beers in him and you'd probably hear some great stories.
11/11/14 @ 2:21 PM
JamesD
JamesD
PRO MEMBER User since 2/16/04
I guess I would find it hard to pick just one person. My passion for fishing Lake Michigan has led me to pick "local experts", and guided trips have instantly improved my catch rates on the big pond. Like many, I strongly resisted this option because it reduced my spending on gear. I learned all the "fishing stuff" is useless if you can't put it all together; in the right places on the water, at the right times to catch fish. I've read a hundred books and many articles about sport fishing. Many of these writers are mentioned in the previous posts, but none of that printed wisdom can compare with what I've learned from the guided trips and the men (and one woman) who used their local knowledge to "put us on the fish".
11/5/14 @ 4:50 PM
centralwiwalleyeslayer2
User since 2/15/10
id choose to fish with myself we both would drink the same kind of beer hahaha i would fish with jason mitchell on devils lake in north dakota. although you really dont need a guide to catch fish there.
11/4/14 @ 6:15 PM
esoxtomtom
esoxtomtom
User since 4/24/08
John Gillespie just kidding Ope Taylor
11/4/14 @ 6:10 PM
Igor
User since 6/20/01
Shania Twain. She's from Canada and lived out in the sticks in her younger days so she MUST know a thing or two about walleyes. But its gotta be on a hot day so she wears a bikini!! Seriously, Tony Dean. Always liked his fishing show.
Displaying 1 to 15 of 73 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fishing geared up by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE