SEARCH
MORE
Canadian Reports/Discussion

WABASKANG LAKE PERRAULT FALLS, ONTARIO

6/9/02 @ 9:34 PM
INITIAL POST
SIX PACK
User since 2/10/02
FISHED FIRST WEEK OF JUNE BEST FISHING IN ALL THE YEARS WE WENT. WALLEYES WERE IN 2 TO 8 FEET OF WATER 1/8 OZ. WHITE JIGS WORKED BEST. WALLEYES FROM 12 TO 27 INCHES BUT ONLY 1 OVER 18 INCHES ADAY MAY BE KEPT. LAKE TROUT WERE ACTIVE BEST WAS A 12 POUNDER. GOOD LUCK SIXPACK

Displaying 61 to 70 of 1,100 posts
6/29/16 @ 8:22 AM
vegas492
vegas492
User since 5/21/03

Coos, take one of the camp boats.  The better fishing in that lake is on the opposite ends from where you are staying.  Sure there are some decent spots around you, but it gets much, much better the farther you get away from that end.

About the only map I've ever seen for Wabby is the Canadian map which we all know isn't overly accurate.  But, it does the job.

Be very, very careful if you choose to paddle a canoe around the 7 foot falls, or even the smaller one as it dumps into Wine Lake.  

6/29/16 @ 7:14 AM
fishguidealso
User since 2/5/10

Have been on wabaskang a few times.notcthat much current there as the water flows through it and its a short distance.but wabaskang gets super windy there.better hopefor some calm weather which seems we dont get much of this summer so far.but good luck on your adventure.

6/29/16 @ 6:52 AM
percheye1
User since 6/24/01

I have a Lowrance Elite 5 chirp wondering if anyone knows of a chip with maps of Wabaskang. I cant find it on anything so far but I ran into a guy this year that had it on his Garmen.

6/29/16 @ 6:43 AM
percheye1
User since 6/24/01

You should be able to paddle anywhere you want on this 15000 acre lake but the boats at Tall Pines are top notch and I would take one of them. There is a noticable current at the narrows but you should be able to paddle through it staying towards the reeds. Good luck fishing.

6/29/16 @ 6:17 AM
coosabass2011
coosabass2011
PRO MEMBER User since 12/22/08

Hi all, going to Wabaskang this weekend for a week at Tall Pines Camp near the falls.  Kayak fishing for smallmouth, northerns, walleye (obviously).  Any recent news or advice to share?  How swift does the water flow through First Narrows?  Wondering if we can paddle through it upstream or if we need a boat with motor.  Thanks!  Ernie

6/28/16 @ 5:34 PM
Rancher
User since 2/21/02

How has the fishing and weather been this year?  What is the lake level?  Thanks, not going until September but like to hear how the year is going.

8/23/15 @ 7:30 AM
czar312
User since 8/19/14
Our group fished Wabaskang August 15-18 out of Sleepy Dog Cabins. We were new to the lake also but thanks to a lot of you readers e-mailing me with info we were able to eliminate a lot of unproductive water. Fishing was slow due to weather being warm up there. Last day the water temp finally dipped below 70 and the bite improved. Had plenty of fish to eat and brought limits home, marked fish basically everywhere we went and did some plain old lake exploration. Best lures were minnow and jig or spinner and crawler with the crawler being preferred. Sleepy dog was fantastic, the cabins are incredible in design, size and creative lay out. The boats are super to fish out of 17.5 outfitters with 40 hp Yamahas and livewells. You can be on any spot in the lake in 30 -45 minutes. Definitely will be back!
8/9/15 @ 11:28 AM
FISHING REPORT
ColoradoMS
User since 5/22/15
Wanted to post our experience as a first timer on Wabby. Our group of 6 stayed at Peffley's the last week in July. For some head scratching reason we decided to change things up from our yearly trip to Lac Seul out of Ear Falls. Last year we boated 50-80 Walleye per guy fishing the Steamboat narrows area. Finding eye's in Wabaskang was tough as we moved from spot to spot trying to locate fish and find some sort of pattern. We spent 3 days without picking up more than 1 eye at any given spot. The wind blew 20-30 from the west and kept us from fishing Mean the first 3 days. It finally let up and we were able to pick up enough fish for dinner from the humps and hotel on Mean. We still averaged 2-3 walleye per guy/day and our spirits were drained. We decided to portage over to Wine lake through the falls as we had nothing to lose with the fishing so incredibly poor. We finally found an area in Wine that held some walleye and provided some good action in the mid morning before shutting off. We did have some good action with smallmouth throwing mepps spinners and caught plenty of Pike from 19-24". Dave Peffley and Mel were just terrific guys. The cabins were average but clean. We have been spoiled fishing out of Evergreen with their terrific boats, live wells, 60 HP, etc... so it took some time to get used to these particular camp boats. Their fish cleaning house was terrific and kept spotless! All in all, I don't think we will head back to Wabby, but I'm sure our lack of success was 90% due to our lack of knowledge of the lake. We fished extremely hard but could never find eye's on a consistent bite. I would certainly recommend Peffley's for anyone going to Wabaskang as Mel and Dave are as honest and friendly as they come. Cheers!
7/8/15 @ 8:05 AM
vexman65
User since 3/6/10
We fished 2nd narrows 3rd lake,second lake,ruby lake,keynote lake and the sanctuary. Thx
7/6/15 @ 2:22 PM
hockeybob
User since 4/20/11
My wife and I had a fabulous trip at Pefflys last week. Dave and Mel are fantastic. Very nice lodge and cabins. Our boat was new as well as motor. Great accommodations and nice people in camp. Fishing was good and mayfly hatch was in full swing. We managed 346 fish between walleyes, northerns and bass. Late evenings between 8:00-10:00pm was our best time for walleyes. I'm sure we would have done better if not for the hatch. We booked already for next year. Smile biggest walleye was 24", bass 19-1/2 and Northerns were all dinks. Perch were in 2ft of water in reeds but had to sort through a bunch to find a Jumbo. With this being our first time at Wabby I think we faired pretty well learning new water. Bob
Displaying 61 to 70 of 1,100 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fish seduced by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE