SEARCH
MORE
Canadian Reports/Discussion

WABASKANG LAKE PERRAULT FALLS, ONTARIO

6/9/02 @ 9:34 PM
INITIAL POST
SIX PACK
User since 2/10/02
FISHED FIRST WEEK OF JUNE BEST FISHING IN ALL THE YEARS WE WENT. WALLEYES WERE IN 2 TO 8 FEET OF WATER 1/8 OZ. WHITE JIGS WORKED BEST. WALLEYES FROM 12 TO 27 INCHES BUT ONLY 1 OVER 18 INCHES ADAY MAY BE KEPT. LAKE TROUT WERE ACTIVE BEST WAS A 12 POUNDER. GOOD LUCK SIXPACK

Displaying 151 to 165 of 1,100 posts
5/4/15 @ 8:17 PM
vexman65
User since 3/6/10
Going up the end of June I'm also looking for a contour map. Thx
5/4/15 @ 9:57 AM
AKY
User since 9/8/12
eldril Thanks for the info, I'll give those colors a try.
5/1/15 @ 5:58 AM
eldril
User since 5/28/09
AKY, I'm not sure where you are staying on the lake. However we always go the last week of May into the first week of June. We always do very well with the walleyes with 1/8oz jigs in blue and white or purple and white. Glow in the dark white and neon green also work very well. The water temp when we go is usually between 47-51 degrees and we find the fish in about 8-12 feet of water. We stay at a resort called Kingfisher lodge located in Perrault Falls. We also usually do great on perch while we are there as well as northerns. We usually don't fish for northerns specifically but we always catch them. The biggest one for me so far is 38 inches 16lbs. However most are in the 30 inch range. I hope this helps and good luck and great fishing to you.
2/19/15 @ 3:54 PM
AKY
User since 9/8/12
Have a cabin booked on Wabaskang for June 13 to 20. First time for this lake, anybody know where I could pick up a good bottom contour map? Also, if anyone would have any tips on how to fish the lake that time of year, it would be greatly appreciated
12/12/14 @ 8:11 PM
czar312
User since 8/19/14
8 months to go...going to be a long winter
9/14/14 @ 4:36 PM
Rancher
User since 2/21/02
Just got back from fishing Peffley's. Great time as usual. Weather was crazy windy and then windy and cold. Couple calmer days followed. No problem catching eyes every day. Really got into the Perch this year. Can't wait for next year. Great service. A highly recommended camp. This was our 5th time In as many years and nothing but a great experience every time
8/19/14 @ 8:52 PM
czar312
User since 8/19/14
Going to Sleepy dog in August of 2015. Staying in cabin 1, any tips? Have a map and any tips or landmarks are appreciated. Thanks!
8/8/14 @ 9:06 PM
BrownLab2
User since 6/5/10
Rancher, The water levels were higher than normal. The fishing was terrific. The mayflies hatch was over, although we saw a few casings on 2nd lake. Fish the cabbage weeds and you will find the walleyes 10-14FOW. We spent most of our time fishing on the weed bed and mid lake humps on the 5th lake (north of Peffley's) We also spent time fishing on the bay north of Jim/Julies Waubeskang Camp. Overall, it was a terrific trip and Tom/Margaret owners of Sleepy Dog Cabins are the best. They built a new outdoor pizza oven and host a pizza party on Wednesday nights. If you want a few more details on fishing - send me message and I will share some additional information. The fishing will continue to get better in the next few weeks and I wish I had the time to return again this year. Brownlab2
8/7/14 @ 9:45 AM
Rancher
User since 2/21/02
BrownLab2 How was the fishing, water levels, bugs etc......? I am heading up in a few weeks. Thanks.
7/14/14 @ 12:16 PM
snortwheze
User since 12/15/06
Just got back from Anishinabi and surrounding portage lakes. Mayfly hatch was going on last week. They actually started emerging on Anishinabi Friday. Bite was a little slow for walleye on smaller lakes but still caught fish..
7/13/14 @ 8:12 PM
BrownLab2
User since 6/5/10
Thanks Deerlake1.
7/13/14 @ 7:51 AM
Deerlake1
User since 6/20/13
I came home from Eagle Lake July 5th and the hatch was lite at that time. The guides told us everything was running two weeks behind normal. I have a friend coming home tonite from Eagle I will let you know what he reports.
7/12/14 @ 8:09 PM
BrownLab2
User since 6/5/10
My group is heading to Waubeskang at the end of July and I'm checking on the status of the mayfly hatch. I read one report that in the Eagle Lake area the hatch has been strong. Any reports on Waubeskang? BrownLab 2
6/22/14 @ 7:47 AM
percheye1
User since 6/24/01
Not bad. If you fish right along shore have some spray in the boat but in camp they were fine and on the lake in general none. Dragon flies are out taking care of mosquitoes.
6/22/14 @ 5:21 AM
Rancher
User since 2/21/02
How have the bugs been in this area so far?
Displaying 151 to 165 of 1,100 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fishing fueled by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE