MORE
General Discussion

Administrative Professionals Day

4/22/14 @ 7:41 PM
INITIAL POST
Brent Hess
Brent Hess
PRO MEMBER User since 12/18/07
For any of you who work in an office environment, don't forget that tomorrow is Administrative Professionals Day. I'm lucky, my wife reminded me, so I'll be able to stop on the way in to work and get some flowers and a card for our Admin.
Displaying 16 to 30 of 63 posts
4/23/14 @ 2:03 PM
'da Coach
User since 12/23/08
Catfight! Memories of the "Summer of George"!
4/23/14 @ 1:43 PM
DLAMA2
DLAMA2
User since 5/1/05
We send them all out for a long lunch and I get to watch the phones. It is once a year but then again this year it got a little catty because one would not be able to make it today........yes I said catty deal with it.
4/23/14 @ 1:24 PM
'da Coach
User since 12/23/08
No, Dave, she's much more petite than I am. That said, we do share as much as possible (but she hates firearms, so I've got those to myself!)
4/23/14 @ 1:09 PM
Dave (Golden)
Dave (Golden)
PRO MEMBER User since 6/22/01
Coach.. Since you wife uses your account to post, does she wear your pants too?? (ie...Then I looked at the post time stamp and realized that my wife obviously made the post shortly before going to sleep for the evening. Whew! That was a close one! ) j/k Big Smile ps... Thanks Plmlk... I was the only one with a gift today.. It guilted the other managers in the office and now we are all going out for dinner on them after work today!!!
4/23/14 @ 12:49 PM
'da Coach
User since 12/23/08
What's wrong wit referring to them as Admin Assistants rather than secretaries if that's what they prefer? Seems like a pretty small gesture to make ladies a bit happy, no problem for me. And it's not like job renaming has been limited to fairer-gender-oriented positions, I see that sort of thing frequently in male-dominated jobs, but I don't recall anyone balking at that. Auto mechanics are now routinely referred to as Automotive Technicians. Where I work at Cabela's, hourly personnel are referred to as Outfitters, when in reality, our actual jobs could be accurately described as Retail Clerks. In addition, the job descriptions for secretaries and admin assistants may differ somewhat. OTOH, it may just be a lot more manly to cal them all secretaries, I dunno. Wondering
4/23/14 @ 9:37 AM
Cold Front
User since 7/9/01
YIKES. I need to go get 17 gift cards. Tushy Squeeze probably won't cut it. Thanks! Mrt.
4/23/14 @ 8:59 AM
'da Coach
User since 12/23/08
Thanks for this thread, Plum (aka Palm? Wink ) , it's a good heads-up for me, my wife is an exec admin and works her tail off supporting @ 40 attorneys, I'll have to do something extra nice for her today!
4/23/14 @ 5:13 AM
Brent Hess
Brent Hess
No worries here lota, you didn't offend me. I changed "gal" to "Admin" because I thought KT's comments were directed at me, then she edited her post and I understood where she was going. Its all good...
4/22/14 @ 11:23 PM
lota lota
lota lota
User since 7/12/01
I thought that by following my comment with a smiley would indicate I was joking around. I guess not. This used to be a fun site. Sorry if I offended you plmlk or KT. I will now go shave my head and wear the sack cloth and ashes I deserve. Carry on.
4/22/14 @ 9:48 PM
Dave (Golden)
Dave (Golden)
KT... I know you as one hell of a lady, and fun to be around.
4/22/14 @ 9:37 PM
Dave (Golden)
Dave (Golden)
No, I don't think so, Asexual means lacking sexual attraction to anyone when used in that way.
4/22/14 @ 9:28 PM
Brent Hess
Brent Hess
That is a great gift Dave, who doesn't like micro brews? Good call...
4/22/14 @ 9:19 PM
Dave (Golden)
Dave (Golden)
Can't be a thread on LL unless someone gets offended......
4/22/14 @ 9:13 PM
Dave (Golden)
Dave (Golden)
Thanks for the reminder. Out at our office in San Fransico, the admin (office manager) is a male. I picked up a gift card from the local micro brewery that he frequents.
4/22/14 @ 9:03 PM
Brent Hess
Brent Hess
Certainly didn't mean anything negative by that lota. Our Admin keeps our whole team running. I think the world of her, our whole team does, we'd be lost without her. She is truly a class act. Edit: I edited "gal" to "Admin"
Displaying 16 to 30 of 63 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fishing fueled by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE