SEARCH
MORE
Big Game Hunting

2015 Gun reports

11/20/15 @ 10:51 AM
INITIAL POST
FLAN
User since 2/21/06
Hunting in Kenosha county tomorrow. Not to excited about the season but I'll be out. Haven't seen much the last 3 weeks in person or on cams. Good luck everyone and be safe.
Displaying 46 to 60 of 95 posts
11/24/15 @ 7:53 PM
Capt. Patrick Conger
Capt. Patrick Conger
User since 3/21/13
Hey guys Dont know if anyone saw this but i figured i share. Good luck Capt. Patrick http://dnr.wi.gov/topic/Hunt/deerharvest.html
11/24/15 @ 3:54 PM
musky nut
musky nut
User since 7/20/12
Been hunting Ashland cty since Saturday morning. On my last sit before I head back home tomorrow. Saturday saw 0 deer, Sunday saw the guy in the pic but had no shot at 815 in the morning . Monday saw 0 and today have saw 0 so far. Private land. Buck in the pic has been by far the biggest buck I've ever seen on this property in 8 years of hunting it. I only have one pic of this buck on camera from last Thursday at 12:50 in the afternoon.
11/24/15 @ 3:15 PM
Granpa
User since 2/4/05
My son passed the Buck on the right three times on opening day. He shot a 140" 10 pointer with bow and just wanted something bigger. Didn't make it past my nephew though.
2015 Gun reports photo by Granpa
11/24/15 @ 12:59 PM
Chaser73
User since 11/5/15
Saw zero deer on Saturday in price county, saw 0 on sunday morning in clark county forest. Saw atvs going down no atv trails and trucks driving through the woods in clark county. Public land idiots at their finest, even found a 100 yard slashing where someone cut all the brush out and stuck a ladder stand in it. Went to some private land, saw 10, passed on some does and 2 small bucks. Brother got a buck and even saw the albino deer that i got a picture of a few weeks back.
11/24/15 @ 9:50 AM
Mr.Bass1984
Mr.Bass1984
User since 6/12/10
Deer movement by me is at a standstill right now. All I've been seeing is the same two orphans that just means back and forth eating non stop. The neighbors shot five very small bucks on Saturday and had to have fired off two dozen shots between them and packs of deer were just running back and forth all weekend. I hope things settle down again soon so movement picks up.
11/23/15 @ 8:40 PM
Formerly the big guy
PRO MEMBER User since 10/3/11
Spent Saturday, Sunday and Monday on private land in northern Onieda county. Conditions were almost perfect. Sat the same stand all 3 days. Saw 1 deer Saturday at 4. Sunday saw 5 in am and 1 in the afternoon. Monday saw 1 about 8:30 am and left around 11 to head home. Except for 2 unknowns everything else were does and fawns. My uncle and cousin saw 6 between them. A very enjoyable opener for me as last we did not go up for the first time in 25 years and I realized that it's not about getting a deer as much spending time with family who may not be around much longer.
11/23/15 @ 7:51 PM
Brent Hess
Brent Hess
PRO MEMBER User since 12/18/07
Thanks Snakster and StevenC! Snakster- We hunt, fish, shoot trap, ride snowmobiles,camp, anything to get out and enjoy God's country. We'll have to get out on the ice this year!
11/23/15 @ 7:11 PM
river_chaser
User since 10/3/12
Iron county, just saw a few fawns, no bucks. This is my 3rd hunt in 10 yrs. Couldnt believe how the forest is so void of hunters. Its great when you dont have to worry about bumping into people, heck people were actually friendly. I heard no shots in 1 mile radius. Hunters are frustrated and the lack of people at the resorts and taverns this weekend really shows. Coming home this afternoon I saw no deer on vehicles, compare this to what I witness 20,40 and 50 yrs ago when I would always see a steady stream of buck topped cars down hwy 13 and 51. Saw several floocks of swans flying low, so I know that theyre sticking around. Still lot of ducks and geese enjoying the cold water.
11/23/15 @ 6:34 PM
CrazyOutdoorsman
CrazyOutdoorsman
User since 8/4/11
Shot this bruiser on sunday morning. My biggest buck to date.
11/23/15 @ 5:22 PM
GBEyeCatcher
User since 7/24/07
Ok. Can't take it any more. Decided to hang up the rifle for the year. Saw lots of deer and lots of small bucks and some 2.5 yr olds. We took nothing. Could not stand hearing the neighbors shooting. Stopped by one of the neighbors last night who claim they manage for big bucks and they shot 5 dink bucks in the first day and a half. They make the excuse saying they wanted meat. Then shoot the does. There entire shack is adorned with 1.5 yr old dink racks. Again they were shooting this morning. I thought better just leave. I know it is within their right to do so but don't claim to "manage". And don't complain there are no big bucks. Same old thing every year. Rather not be around to hear or see it. I'll wait till next year to bow hunt. Puke Puke
11/23/15 @ 4:28 PM
lawdog616
lawdog616
PRO MEMBER User since 1/20/04
3 days into season and I have seen 17 deer so far........unfortunately on 7 of them were in the woods, 10 either on road or in fields.....and none of them had horns....oh well...maybe tomorrow, or the next day, or next year...........is it ice fishing yet?
11/23/15 @ 1:31 PM
hockeyguy39
User since 8/24/07
Took a nice doe on Saturday right at close. Brown county private land. My brother in law shot a small 8 that morning from that stand as well, and he saw a nice drop tine prior to that. The one I shot was the only one I saw all day. I saw three does he kicked up while walking to my stand on Sunday. Guess I need to stay in his good graces since the house they're building is 150 yards from the stand lol.
11/23/15 @ 12:18 PM
muskrat30
muskrat30
User since 10/14/01
Yep, hard to 'save the deer' until next year when the neighbors will shoot it anyway. Much depends on how much land and how the neighbors feel about 'QDM' principles.
11/23/15 @ 12:13 PM
Granpa
User since 2/4/05
Bet my son that someone would shoot this deer if they saw it. Would have liked it to make it through till next year. Yesterday afternoon someone shot it, me. OOPS
11/23/15 @ 10:20 AM
Cory2
User since 7/16/10
What a weird weekend. No deer shot, none seen Sat. am, Sat. pm, Sun. am and 7 Sun. Nite. I gotta believe the deep snow overnight messed up the normal travel if one doesn't hunt in the bedding areas. I saw very little tracks on Sat, but by Sun. tracks were everywhere obviously made at night. Very few shots Sat. am and it increased Sat night, more Sun am and very few Sunday pm. 5 doe and 2 bucks (spike and small Cool Sunday evening, but didn't shoot any of them. Most bizzare thing was I was in my bathroom Sunday at 5 am getting ready to get out for the morning hunt. About 15 yards out my window comes a doe heading west, then about 20 yards behind her is a large 8 nose to the ground following her. The small 8 I saw last night was chasing a group of 2 doe also. What a weird year and a disappointing hunt. Maybe I will still get out this week, but great job to those who connected and for those of us who didn't, we still have 7 days.
Displaying 46 to 60 of 95 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
solid hook sets by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE