MORE
Archery

Glidden area reports (Ashland Cty )

9/30/14 @ 9:26 PM
INITIAL POST
musky nut
musky nut
User since 7/20/12
Anybody having any luck, any deer around this year? I haven't had the chance to make it up to the cabin this year at all. Pretty bummed about that. Thanks for any info.
Displaying 1 to 15 of 40 posts
11/15/17 @ 11:43 AM
budman1987
User since 1/19/03

I don't venture that far north but was in Spooner all last week and I'd say the deer numbers were up from last year. .saw lots of small bucks. .I'm guessing the last 2 milder winters helped a ton. .good luck to you this upcoming season stay optimistic

11/14/17 @ 11:10 AM
musky nut
musky nut
User since 7/20/12

Well geez doesn't look like anybody is going up......

11/8/17 @ 11:35 PM
musky nut
musky nut
User since 7/20/12

Well boys it's that time of year again.... anyone excited this year about deercamp?? Not to much excitement for me. If it wasn't for my dad going up I would probably not even go and waste my time. This up north hunting for all these years has just gotten worse and worse. I checked my cam in May and had a huge Wolf on camera! 1st time I've had a pic of a wolf and had 3 bears on there also! All bad news for the deer! Anyone have any good news?? Seeing anymore deer than usual?? Have no idea what is on camera since May. Had a really busy summer and never made it up north. 

11/30/16 @ 11:21 AM
musky nut
musky nut
User since 7/20/12
Well the gun season went as it usually does for me....nothing! Did see a few more deer than years past but did feed them most of the year also so probably pulled most of the deer from the surrounding area. As a group overall we had a great year cause my nephew got a spike and my brother got a little 5 pointer both on opening day. Ben 10 years since we have got a deer so we were due I guess. I seen 8 deer opening day with 6 being does and fawns and passed up those 2 bucks my brother and nephew got. Saw nothing Sunday and a doe and fawn Monday evening and nothing Tuesday. Headed home Wednesday morning. Haven't had any wolves on camera but did find some big tracks on Tuesday just north of cabin in Ashland cty forest. UGH!! So by next year I'm sure any deer left will be ate up!! 
11/11/16 @ 4:07 PM
the Jimmer
the Jimmer
User since 1/11/05

Not my concern, but when you say no brow tines I am confused; the buck in the pics you posted clearly has brow tines.  They aren't long, but they're definitely there.

11/11/16 @ 3:26 PM
kjw1991
kjw1991
User since 2/20/14

Pig Eyes, where are you located? If you look a few posts down that buck looks identical to a buck I have on camera this year. Tall 8 point with no brow tines. And musky nut I'll pm you my number...I plan to get up there on thurs afternoon/night myself so after I check my camera I'll be out looking for something to do other than just shoot some grouse maybe.

11/11/16 @ 1:57 PM
musky nut
musky nut
User since 7/20/12

That's a branch or stick in the background that you circled. I'm gonna dig up some more pics of this deer if I can. Then I'm gonna go set my stand up on the corner of Hannes and camp E! Lol  

11/11/16 @ 1:39 PM
pig_eyes
User since 8/6/07

See pics 

11/11/16 @ 1:38 PM
pig_eyes
User since 8/6/07

See pics 

11/11/16 @ 1:30 PM
pig_eyes
User since 8/6/07

Yes they do, not far down from where camp e and Hannes meet. I feel for you but it is definitely the same buck. When I saw it I immediately recognized it from your pics. McClairs who are on the corner of Hannes and camp e also shot a dandy last year, 13 pt with a wicked long kicker coming off the base, a friend of ours had several pictures of that deer as well. 

11/10/16 @ 9:27 PM
musky nut
musky nut
User since 7/20/12

Pig eyes I just checked out that pic of that buck kalvin got and I don't think it's the same one. It has a brow tine on the one side that my pic doesn't have.  But they look almost identical besides that. 

11/10/16 @ 8:13 PM
musky nut
musky nut
User since 7/20/12

Pig eyes your alive man!! I don't have FB but my kids do I will try to look it up. Does Kalvin hunt close to Hannes Rd also?? That name sounds very familiar. The guy to the west of us is Michael Maier I believe.  Not sure if the last name is spelled right. Maybe this is his kid or brother or something. A couple years ago  his niece shot a sweet 8 pointer I had on camera gotta be the same people. Guess the trick is to live close by and bait the sh$t out of them!! 

11/10/16 @ 5:47 PM
pig_eyes
User since 8/6/07

Hey guys! We haven't been up this year. We were up all summer as my cousin had a bear tag. Ran deer cameras as well up until the first week of October and then pulled everything and closed up the cabin for the year. Less deer for us this year than last year. Did have two really nice bucks but nothing consistent. 

Musky nut that buck was killed last year by Kalvin Maier. It's on Roxys facebook page.

11/10/16 @ 1:53 PM
musky nut
musky nut
User since 7/20/12

Aww man that's not what I wanted to hear but figured that's how it was gonna be... same old same old.  How many more years can this go on for?  This will be the 3rd year of buck only and never seems to get better! I'm not gonna make it up till next Thursday to check my camera  but I'm sure the story won't be much different than yours. UGH this sucks!! Thank you for the info. Maybe I will swing by this year and meet you guys. Camp K road right? 

11/10/16 @ 12:09 PM
kjw1991
kjw1991
User since 2/20/14
I was up last weekend and man oh man, the cameras are quiet. There wasnt anything moving during the day and most all the movement was at night when the temps actually cooled off. I guess if I had a winter coat on I wouldnt want to be running around in 60-70 degree heat either. There are a few deer around, but for being the first weekend of November it was pretty bad.
Displaying 1 to 15 of 40 posts

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fish seduced by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE