SEARCH
MORE
Wisconsin Fishing Discussion

Wisconsin spring hearing vote!

3/8/24 @ 10:15 AM
INITIAL POST
Herb2
User since 12/28/18

Online option starts April 10 2024. Several questions that will impact a sportsman.

Wisconsin spring hearing vote! photo by Herb2
Displaying 31 to 40 of 40 posts
4/10/24 @ 3:54 PM
prj
User since 6/19/01
Shad says:  For example, to listen to the report that stated there are MORE crossbow kills then archery kills then stating the Deer Kill is this number.  Simply ridiculous to hear this, the DNR has NO CLUE the deer numbers shot, out there or really anything.  There is NO concrete numbers, only guessing, because there is NO registration.  Registration was CONCRETE numbers, not a guess.  Many, many people have complained there are no deer in there area, I say that is not true where I am located.

Of course there is a mandatory deer registration.  Are you being hyperbolic or actually don't know this?  If you're opposed to the new method, thats fine.  But if you are to assume people don't register harvested deer, I'd expect you to also assume people didn't buy licenses, or register deer previously as well.  Right?
My takeaway is that you are "disgusted" by the DNR because you don't agree with online harvest registration.  Its a curious position, I guess.
4/10/24 @ 7:53 AM
Shad
User since 8/27/01
To see the disconnect with yet another tax payer funded entity is the norm rather than the exception.  WCC and DNR used to be the voice of the people, there is NO people anymore.  
For example, to listen to the report that stated there are MORE crossbow kills then archery kills then stating the Deer Kill is this number.  Simply ridiculous to hear this, the DNR has NO CLUE the deer numbers shot, out there or really anything.  There is NO concrete numbers, only guessing, because there is NO registration.  Registration was CONCRETE numbers, not a guess.  Many, many people have complained there are no deer in there area, I say that is not true where I am located.
I guess being out of state for 20 years to where there the people's voice heard, maybe not always listened to, but heard, then seeing this fiasco gives me a bad taste.  Seeing a pretty good crowd up in Oneida county, but Portage county used to have a large crowd that voiced their opinions, and online voting did nothing more than bringing outdoors people coming together, voicing their frustrations and joys.  But far easier for the WCC and DNR to hide behind a computer, then there is NO Conflict.  But sometimes Conflict is the start of a Great opportunity, many friendships and bonds were made at these meetings.  I for one would love to see online voting go away, face to face is the only vote, and put the heat back on the paid people to listen or at least HEAR peoples frustrations.  To stand up in front of actual people who are listening, promoting and demoting, questioning so called facts is hard, but to hide behind a computer is simple.  It takes the human factor out of it, but computers dont help shape the REAL world, people do! 
4/9/24 @ 6:08 PM
trouter
trouter
User since 7/3/01
48 in Adams County.  Considerable graceful discussion about wake boats.   Lots of new faces and increased awareness of the WCC to the public.

A great evening.

4/9/24 @ 1:50 PM
Mirroman
Mirroman
User since 3/29/22
Yes, I'm curious also?
A lot of smoke, but where's the fire?
4/9/24 @ 9:51 AM
madforlabs
User since 12/20/12
Shad. Can you elaborate?
4/9/24 @ 9:28 AM
Shad
User since 8/27/01
I attended Portage County.  What a waste of time except for the paid DNR people.  Disgusted with the DNR is an understatement, another fine example of the total disconnect towards the taxpayers is an understatement.  As a huge past proponent of the DNR, I will spend my time, money and efforts elsewhere and encourage ALL to do the same.  
4/9/24 @ 8:58 AM
samfox
User since 3/17/09
Attended the Winnebago co. meeting, 22 people there, very little discussion.
4/8/24 @ 9:42 PM
crobar
User since 6/19/01
Attended Milw. co meeting...only 40 people voted not much of a turnout, but location might of been a factor. DNR regional office on 10th and St. Paul  I always like to attend in person and vote for county delegates, and also get input from other attendees on items I am not familiar with.  Still have a chance to vote online in the next few days.
4/8/24 @ 3:22 PM
Mirroman
Mirroman
User since 3/29/22
No rule change proposals. But still a lot of questions.
Will it kill you to take a couple hours and go to the meeting in your county?
Location of meetings in every county​​​
Displaying 31 to 40 of 40 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fishing fueled by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE