SEARCH
MORE
Wisconsin Fishing Discussion

Wisconsin spring hearing vote!

3/8/24 @ 10:15 AM
INITIAL POST
Herb2
User since 12/28/18

Online option starts April 10 2024. Several questions that will impact a sportsman.

Wisconsin spring hearing vote! photo by Herb2
Displaying 16 to 30 of 40 posts
4/25/24 @ 6:11 AM
Snake1
Snake1
PRO MEMBER User since 1/22/21
They must not have enough Admin people. Everybody must be wearing suits. šŸ¤”
4/25/24 @ 2:32 AM
trouter
trouter
User since 7/3/01
The WCC has been playing catchup with minutes and has made some progress.   There is room for improvement with that issue.   

4/24/24 @ 8:42 PM
samfox
User since 3/17/09
Trouser, do you mean like the conservation Congress meeting minutes, been months and even years on them.
4/24/24 @ 6:58 PM
Gillespie
User since 2/6/19
It takes time to massage the numbers.......
4/24/24 @ 5:13 PM
trouter
trouter
User since 7/3/01
Please be patient.   The data will become public in a timely manner.

4/23/24 @ 8:24 PM
samfox
User since 3/17/09
Out sourced the job
4/23/24 @ 4:09 PM
redhook
User since 12/25/09
What is the hold up, on-line should be easy to tabulate. Come on people lets see the results.
4/12/24 @ 7:18 AM
percheye1
User since 6/24/01
So Shad is it your belief that the DNR had something to do with online or call in registration? The DNR didn't ask to go away from in person registration. This was done by the legislature. One I remember making many changes including no backtags was Joel Kleighfish. Instead of going through the spring hearing as we just did. Many problems in the current DNR as it is a shell of it's former self. Went from being a model for others to almost being non existent.
4/11/24 @ 12:18 PM
prj
User since 6/19/01
Snake1 asked:  What were they asking about Wake Boats? Was it all negative? 

The survey did ask "What positive effects has wake boating had on your lake bottom, shoreline, and enjoyment of inland waters?"  There were NO options for the answer.

Ha!  I kid, I kid!  The questions reflected the impact wake boating has on WI's inland lakes:  All negative.
4/11/24 @ 8:32 AM
CCLUND
User since 5/29/11
Wake boat comments were about shoreline damage,  lake size, and water left in ballast tanks being transported to other lakes. The ballast water cannot be totally drained apparently. 
The DNR checks/harps on  fisherman for livewell, bilge, and minnow water. Wake boats should be held to same standards.
4/11/24 @ 7:33 AM
old phart
clueless
User since 10/24/04
I went to Oneida county meeting. Took a friend who is in his 80 ’s and does not use the internet. We arrived at 6:35 and as we signed in was told by game warden that they ran out of ballots. I told the warden that’s bs because my friend came to vote in person, he does not use the internet. I said what you have about 30 people here and can’t provide ballots. He said there was 58/people signed in. To the wardens credit about 20 minutes later he came over and gave my friend a ballot. 
I did the online voting last night.
4/11/24 @ 6:27 AM
trouter
trouter
User since 7/3/01
PFAS, wake boats and banning lead for hunting are some of the issues.   An early start to the inland trout season is also one of the issues.

Please fill out the survey.   Lawmakers use the data to gauge public sentiment about these issues.

4/11/24 @ 5:45 AM
Snake1
Snake1
PRO MEMBER User since 1/22/21
What were they asking about Wake Boats? Was it all negative ? 
4/10/24 @ 6:59 PM
CCLUND
User since 5/29/11
27 people in attendance in Lafayette County.
Maybe 6 or 7 under the age of 50. Wolves, wake boats, and trapping questions garnered the most discussion. 
4/10/24 @ 6:54 PM
CCLUND
User since 5/29/11
27 people in attendance in Lafayette County. Guessing only 6 under the age of 50.
Wolves, wake boats, and trapping questions garnered the most discussion. 
Displaying 16 to 30 of 40 posts

MINN KOTA - UPGRADED Ulterra and Terrova
UPGRADED Ulterra and Terrova
The UlterraĀ® and TerrovaĀ® are newly upgraded to keep you at the top of your game and always in the thick of it. More maneuvers. More capabilities. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - UPGRADED Ulterra and Terrova Advertisement

HUMMINBIRD - Humminbird MEGA Live Imaging
Humminbird MEGA Live Imaging
It's showtime. We've expanded the performance of our MEGA ImagingĀ®? technology with the introduction of MEGA Live Imagingā„¢?. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - Humminbird MEGA Live Imaging Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fishing geared up by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE