MORE
Canadian Reports/Discussion

lac des mille lacs LDML

1/5/10 @ 5:47 PM
INITIAL POST
Planocat
Planocat
User since 6/12/06
OK, so I think I have this figured out. Any posts that are not pure fishing reports have to be posted on this forum in order to keep from being dusted. Fair enough, I guess. So, in the future we need to check here until the season opens and we can start to post/receive actual reports.

Basically it means there will be nothing on the other location for stretches of 7 months or more. But at least we can keep in touch here.

Now how do we get that word out? I'll try posting it at the other site and hope it doesn't get dusted.

Planocat Big Smile

Displaying 1 to 15 of 1,949 posts
6/24/24 @ 4:42 PM
Carpio
Carpio
PRO MEMBER User since 11/5/17
In 1959 my future BIL and I spent 5 consecutive weeks fishing BOLTON BAY.  Super walley and pike but not 1 smallie!  Really odd unless they were planted at a later date.  We never got into any really big fish though. The biggest pike were around 15# and I doubt if we even caught 1 walleye over 22”.    We really didn’t know what we were doing though, basically throwing JOHNSON SILVER MINNOWS for pike and trolling with Flatfish for walleyes, fishing for both in 2-10’ of water.    Good times though, both of us 18 YO studs.    Lol
6/24/24 @ 8:28 AM
TRCHawkeyes
TRCHawkeyes
User since 7/1/22
Ducer,

Thanks for the update.  Glad the fish are biting!
6/22/24 @ 12:33 PM
ducer
User since 5/22/07
Hawkeye- the water level is normal or maybe even a bit high compared to other years. Lots of rain. We have a friend that is driving home as we speak. That has just been up there for a week at LDM Lodge and play crush them. That was his first time ever going up there. They had good luck by Long point, I owl Island. And pretty much every other place they went. He said sometimes it would slow down, but then it would just quickly pick up again.
6/20/24 @ 11:31 AM
TRCHawkeyes
TRCHawkeyes
User since 7/1/22
I have been going to LDML Lake for over 45 years, we have never made it to Bolton Bay.  We have used lindy rigs tipped with minnows and worms for walleye.  We have used Chubs and crank baits for Northern Pike.  We have caught jumbo perch with the lindy rigs tipped with minnows and  worms.  One of my favorite spots is Owl Island!  Hope you are doing well.  Love any updates with the fishing and water level.  We are heading up July 14-21, probably my Dad's last time, so a little sad.
6/14/24 @ 11:20 AM
TRCHawkeyes
TRCHawkeyes
User since 7/1/22
How is the water level?  Is it normal, high or low?
6/10/24 @ 9:33 PM
ronb65
User since 1/2/21
Did Seine river resort ever reopen?

6/10/24 @ 8:02 PM
Carpio
Carpio
PRO MEMBER User since 11/5/17
Anyone ever make it back into Bolton Bay?  There’s a portage that will take you into KASHABOWI LAKE.
6/9/24 @ 9:41 PM
ALshiner
User since 3/26/10
We’re heading up to lac des mille lodge over the July 4th week.  I’ve never been there before and am very excited to give it a try.  Any suggestions on colors, baits, lures, etc?  Anything to get us pointed in the right direction.
Looks like the last group had a blast.  

Can’t wait!
6/7/24 @ 3:32 PM
TRCHawkeyes
TRCHawkeyes
User since 7/1/22
Ducer,
Thanks for the additional information.  Too bad about all the wind.
Todd
6/6/24 @ 8:13 PM
ducer
User since 5/22/07
We caught fish all over considering sometimes all we were trying to do is get out of the 35 mile an hour winds one day and a 42 mile an hour gusts another day  it wasn’t our best trip but considering the constant weather changes we did ok. Like I said earlier it snowed!! It was in the 70s 2 days before 
lac des mille lacs LDML photo by ducer
6/6/24 @ 8:06 PM
ducer
User since 5/22/07
Yep we fished west side of owl and did well
6/6/24 @ 10:49 AM
TRCHawkeyes
TRCHawkeyes
User since 7/1/22
Ducer,
Nice posts and nice pictures.  How was the water level?  Did you fish around Owl Island at all?  Looks like you had a great time! July can't come fast enough.
6/5/24 @ 8:34 PM
ducer
User since 5/22/07
I had a little bit of a problem posting, but I think I have it figured out? We had good luck, mostly on jig and minnow, but we also caught fish with leeches. For the first time in many years, the entire lake was the same temperature, which was about 58°, although after the snow, it dropped down to 55. Rob and Riley at the lodge have made more improvements.  Our best colors were gold and white blue orange combination jigs. Although I’m not sure that would’ve made a difference. We caught fish anywhere from 2 feet to 25 feet. We caught enough fish for sure lunch and 10 people brought home their limits of quality fish. Can’t wait for next year.
Year 
 number 36!
6/5/24 @ 4:51 PM
chitowncrappieman
ducer
User since 5/22/07
We saw all 4 seasons! Had to deal with constant weather changes 
6/5/24 @ 4:45 PM
ducer
User since 5/22/07
We had a good opening weekend at lac
Displaying 1 to 15 of 1,949 posts

MINN KOTA - Minn Kota Talon
Minn Kota Talon
Only Talon has up to 15' of anchoring, letting you pick the perfect hold for any condition. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Minn Kota Talon Advertisement

OKUMA FISHING TACKLE - Ceymar A Spinng Reel
Ceymar A Spinng Reel
Okuma's Ceymar A spinning reels offer superior performance, with a multi-disc, oiled felt drag system. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: OKUMA FISHING TACKLE - Ceymar A Spinng Reel

HUMMINBIRD - Humminbird MEGA Live Imaging
Humminbird MEGA Live Imaging
It's showtime. We've expanded the performance of our MEGA Imaging®? technology with the introduction of MEGA Live Imaging™?. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - Humminbird MEGA Live Imaging Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
percision control by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE