LAKES
REPORTS
FORUMS
TRAVEL
DEALS
SEARCH
MORE
General Discussion

Scotch whiskey related items. What are your favorites.

7/4/20 @ 8:52 PM
INITIAL POST
Bassmaster+recordeacks2
Bassmaster+recordeacks2
User since 5/14/20

This can include all whiskeys that are not bourbon. Irish, Japanese and malt whiskies. This 16 year is incredible. Very smooth. 

Scotch whiskey related items. What are your favorites. photo by Bassmaster+recordeacks2
Scotch whiskey related items. What are your favorites. photo by Bassmaster+recordeacks2
Displaying 1 to 15 of 1,830 posts
5/17/24 @ 9:25 PM
Bassmaster+recordracks 2
Bassmaster+recordracks 2
PRO MEMBER User since 7/24/20
Glad you enjoy Snagger. Glad you found one! If you need another, we can always hook up.
5/17/24 @ 5:22 PM
snagger54
snagger54
PRO MEMBER User since 2/9/14
Vegas 492 , I'm just starting to learn my bourbon whiskeys . BMRR turn me on to this McKenna bourbon whiskey. It's one of those I could drink all day. When you open the bottle you get this fruity smell. Very smooth 
You can taste it's been in a barrel. It's hard for me to describe the taste because I had throat cancer in it ruined a lot of my taste buds . But I can tell you this is one of my favorites. Thank you BMRR !
5/17/24 @ 1:30 PM
vegas492
vegas492
User since 5/21/03
Hotbait:  Vegas 1792, is it as good as Eagle Rare?

Depends.  I don't much care for any small batch bourbon.  Too young and the flavors are all over the place.  So that 1792 small batch is a hard pass for me.
1792 full proof, though, is a favorite of mine, especially a store pick 1792 Full Proof.
I did not like a 1792 Single Barrel.  Yuck.
Despite it's rave reviews, I do not like 1792 Sweet Wheat.  In fact, I have a bottle on my shelf of that stuff, unopened, and it is a very tradeable bottle of mine.  
1792 12 Year, very good.  Smoother than Full Proof, but a little less flavor.  Still?  Quite Good.

Now, all of those compared to Eagle Rare?  Eagle Rare is almost an unbeatable bottle at $50 or less.  It's just smooth, just don't use too much water or ice with it, or it will dilute down to nothing.  It's just smooth and a little on the sweet profile.

But if Eagle Rare is being sold in that $90-$100 range?  It is an easy one to nope out of.

For me, I would say that Eagle Rare is a different, smoother tasting bourbon than 1792 Full Proof.  Both are good, but they are different.  1792 Full Proof will have more flavor and be hotter.  Eagle Rare is much smoother, so it depends on what you like.  ER should be in that >$60 range.  1792 Full Proof should be $55-$65 range.
5/16/24 @ 8:08 PM
glimmertwin
User since 1/18/11
Kllled my Aberlour in three solid pours, stereo blasting country ballads for neighbours to enjoy… 
So long Mr. Daniels! Funny when I made this epic decision-Mr.Strait was playing “this is where the Cowboy ​rides ​away!”
New cheap swilling whiskey for this old timer.

Scotch whiskey related items. What are your favorites. photo by glimmertwin
Scotch whiskey related items. What are your favorites. photo by glimmertwin
5/16/24 @ 4:30 PM
hotbait
PRO MEMBER User since 5/16/16
Snake, you started it. 1792 it is! Sure tastes good.
5/16/24 @ 3:54 PM
hotbait
Sorry, hit my own like
 Snake, I like both 1792s. They work for me.
5/16/24 @ 3:45 PM
Snake1
Snake1
PRO MEMBER User since 1/22/21
HB, I buy the Low Grade 1792 and love it. I’ve never bought the more expensive 1792, 
which I bet is delicious. 
5/16/24 @ 3:35 PM
hotbait
Vegas 1792, is it as good as Eagle Rare? ​
5/16/24 @ 3:32 PM
vegas492
vegas492
User since 5/21/03
That bottle, McKenna 10 year, has really grown on me.  I wasn't thrilled with it at first, but now it has become a favorite of mine.  To me, it is very similar in taste to Stagg (jr).  Similar, but not quite as good, but similar.
My only issue is the price.  Used to be a $42/bottle.  Now I've seen it up to and over $100 at a few places.

I pick bottles up every time I see them when they are $60 or less.  Most that I get are in that $52-55 range.  I still think it is good value there.  Really a solid pour, for sure.

I saw a good dozen bottles at a place in the Valley last week.  Not sure on the pricing, cuz I had enough already, but they were out there.
5/16/24 @ 9:47 AM
snagger54
snagger54
PRO MEMBER User since 2/9/14
BMRR, look what I snagged yesterday !
Scotch whiskey related items. What are your favorites. photo by snagger54
5/15/24 @ 7:50 PM
Holy Crappie
Holy Crappie
User since 7/13/21
Killing off this bottle tonight.  Comes from a small distillery in Waterford.  Nothing special. Has a bit of a black jelly bean finish which I am not digging. Only thing it has going for it is the 118 proof.
Scotch whiskey related items. What are your favorites. photo by Holy Crappie
5/14/24 @ 9:12 AM
Snake1
Snake1
I will have to agree with your taste test. Proof is in the Volume left. Pardon da Pun.
5/14/24 @ 8:05 AM
Bassmaster+recordracks 2
Bassmaster+recordracks 2
No one really liked them too much but there’s almost 3/4 of a bottle of each left
Scotch whiskey related items. What are your favorites. photo by Bassmaster+recordracks 2
5/14/24 @ 8:01 AM
Snake1
Snake1
Didn’t you drink them anyway? 😳 Or throw them away? 
5/13/24 @ 11:20 PM
Bassmaster+recordracks 2
Bassmaster+recordracks 2
Both of the last pics are terrible lightweight $30 whiskeys. No good flavor no good appeal.
Displaying 1 to 15 of 1,830 posts

HUMMINBIRD - Humminbird MEGA Live Imaging
Humminbird MEGA Live Imaging
It's showtime. We've expanded the performance of our MEGA Imaging®? technology with the introduction of MEGA Live Imaging™?. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - Humminbird MEGA Live Imaging Advertisement

MINN KOTA - UPGRADED Ulterra and Terrova
UPGRADED Ulterra and Terrova
The Ulterra® and Terrova® are newly upgraded to keep you at the top of your game and always in the thick of it. More maneuvers. More capabilities. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - UPGRADED Ulterra and Terrova Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
ice drilled by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE