MORE
Wisconsin Hunting Reports/Discussion

Looking for someone with beetles to do European skull mount on deer

10/9/17 @ 4:38 PM
INITIAL POST
fullbarrel
fullbarrel
User since 6/4/03

Im looking for suggestions on somewhere to get my sons youth hunt 8pt into a European skull mount with beatles.  I live in Omro which is near Oshkosh.  I used to have a guy do them for me for $65 and that included a really nice wall mount oak plaque. I know that was a deal.  He no longer has beetles.  Last one i took to a taxidermist was $125.  Thats a little high in price i think.  Any suggestions.  Im not interested in boil outs.  I can do that myself.  There fine but just not as clean and white as what beetles can do plus the bone doesnt get soft and the cartlidge inside the nose breaks off.  Pictured below is a few Europeans i had done beetles and pics of my 12year old with his biggest buck so far and a very big deer.  It was his 3rd deer since 10years old and 2nd buck.   I want to have it done right for him

Looking for someone with beetles to do European skull mount on deer photo by fullbarrel
Displaying 1 to 7 of 7 posts
10/23/17 @ 7:38 AM
1HAWKEYE1
User since 2/25/13

Congrats to your Son on his buck. What a beauty.  He should be proud.  Can't help out with beetle guy, but will ask around.

10/13/17 @ 7:50 AM
lakeshiner
lakeshiner
User since 7/20/09

I'm getting a skull dipped now and picked a camo pattern similar to real tree with the leaves and trees in it.  Saw some examples and it looked just like the camo I wear hunting.  The dips I saw looked pretty spot on to whatever you wanted.  Not cheap though if trying to save money.  I don't get a lot of them done so just wanted something different.

10/11/17 @ 5:43 PM
fetch-um-up
PRO MEMBER User since 2/19/06

PM sent....

10/9/17 @ 7:42 PM
fullbarrel
fullbarrel
User since 6/4/03

Ya i have had a few done by a few different guys.   They look ok.  I have one done by a taxidermist that was camo air brushed.  That looks really good compared to dipped in my opinion.  But way more expensive.  White one is airbrushed.  Green is dipped

Looking for someone with beetles to do European skull mount on deer photo by fullbarrel
10/9/17 @ 5:43 PM
fullbarrel
fullbarrel
User since 6/4/03

Here is what i was getting done for $65 that included this plaque

Displaying 1 to 7 of 7 posts

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fishing equipped by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE