SEARCH
MORE
Wisconsin Fishing Discussion

Used fishing lures.

3/11/24 @ 3:18 PM
INITIAL POST
fishfillet
User since 1/8/13

How many of you guys try to save money and buy used lures?  Rummage sales or Craigslist?  Do any of you seaearch them out or just buy new at the store?

Displaying 1 to 8 of 8 posts
5/24/24 @ 12:09 PM
Jasonb.
User since 4/12/24
For those that are interested in "used" lures, check this link out; https://www.edthediver.com/shop &
https://www.edthediver.com/​​​
Very interesting to follow!
5/21/24 @ 10:46 AM
brews4995
brews4995
User since 4/2/10
If I hit a garage sale nowadays with any outdoor stuff, they are asking for pretty much new prices on old crap. The days of actually getting a bargain are over. Everyone bases their prices off eBay or similar sites. Not worth the time anymore. 
5/16/24 @ 6:29 PM
Outa line
User since 8/9/21
Main reason I search for used lures is to get the really good ones that are no longer made - not so much the savings.
5/16/24 @ 3:43 PM
Darin - Lake-Link
Darin - Lake-Link
PRO MEMBER User since 5/17/01
I just bought some lures off the classifieds. 90% I would say have never been used or bit. Mix of Salmos, Rapalas, and Thundersticks.

Came out to I think $1.79 a lure! Great deal!
5/16/24 @ 10:16 AM
hockeyguy39
User since 8/24/07
Absolutely! I scored a great (to me) deal on a bunch of Mepps spinners a guy inherited when he bought a boat and the owner told him all the fishing stuff was included. Got like 13 in sizes from #3 to #5 and some Musky Killers for like $30. I've also bought a few lures over the years at garage sales and pawn shops. Like 95% of my lures though, most don't get used lol. 
5/16/24 @ 8:42 AM
wiscoarborist
User since 11/6/18
I would sell a bunch of my hardbaits....Spinners,spoons... Not for the money but to consolidate my stuff. I will never fish like I once did. My tactics are - for want of a better word - more "refined" . or I'm stuck in several fishing "ruts" and will never again have the time to use much of the stuff I have.

I would not want someone cherrypicking thru my stuff though. Same with my "old lures" boxes and the box full of old reels. The goal would be to reduce the amount of stuff I have and receive a fraction of the monetary value in return.

However...I have sold stuff before thru CL and FB marketplace. Not thru LL but I can't imagine it's much different.  Wait all morning for a no-show - or even a very late person when I could have been doing something more productive...all for a couple hundred bucks? I'll skip the aggravation for now.
3/11/24 @ 5:43 PM
Mirroman
Mirroman
User since 3/29/22
I buy used lures all the time. Most of the used stuff I buy is older, which in most cases is better.
I know you didn't ask about all tackle, but fishing line is one thing I will never buy used.
Displaying 1 to 8 of 8 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fishing geared up by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE